+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Marie Fogarty

Star Member
Apr 23, 2023
does anyone have an idea how long it is to get a work permit approved after receiving BVL?
we applied for inland spouse sponsorship march 30, 2023. OWP application was sent june 24, 2024.
BVL received july 11, 2023.

UDON55fai

Feb 12, 2021
Tried that same number 8AM Friday morning. Initial message stated 21 minute wait time. Got to about minute 16, and another message stated a further 13 minute wait time. Simply hung up. Don't have time for this crap, and doubt whoever answered is going to be able to help with my file and the ridiculous delay anyways.

aksaelsababu

Jan 19, 2024
Tried that same number 8AM Friday morning. Initial message stated 21 minute wait time. Got to about minute 16, and another message stated a further 13 minute wait time. Simply hung up. Don't have time for this crap, and doubt whoever answered is going to be able to help with my file and the ridiculous delay anyways.
From my experience whenever I had tried after 3pm I was able to talk to an agent.

Reactions: UDON55fai

RameshR

Jul 14, 2024
Hi, I need help. I applied under spousal sponsorship for my wife. I completed my 5 years spousal sponsorship ban. However I was married to my ex wife in India and obtained divorce in Canada (Both had Canada PR at that time and physically present in Canada). I got married to my current wife in India and issued new marriage certificate. For spousal sponsorship of my new wife, Regarding divorce documents, I provided divorce certificate which was issued in Canada. I provided no other document regarding divorce. My question is - Will my file be rejected or will I be required to provide Divorce doc from India (I do not have any).
Appreciate your response!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
However I was married to my ex wife in India and obtained divorce in Canada ... Will my file be rejected or will I be required to provide Divorce doc from India (I do not have any).
Canada generally recognizes divorces carried out in Canada as valid without any additional documentation.

RameshR

Jul 14, 2024
Canada generally recognizes divorces carried out in Canada as valid without any additional documentation.
Thank you for your quick response. However I read in another thread where someone was asked for divorce certificate from Philippine government even though they were divorced in Canada. Hence wanted to confirm for India.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your quick response. However I read in another thread where someone was asked for divorce certificate from Philippine government even though they were divorced in Canada. Hence wanted to confirm for India.
I do not know about that situation or case, but I'm quite confident it's unique to the Philippines - where divorce does not exist (only annulments and recognition of some foreign divorces), and therefore a presumption that any second marriages must have proof of one of those two things.

RameshR

Jul 14, 2024
I do not know about that situation or case, but I'm quite confident it's unique to the Philippines - where divorce does not exist (only annulments and recognition of some foreign divorces), and therefore a presumption that any second marriages must have proof of one of those two things.
Okay thank you ! Appreciate quick reply!

Mayank_Patel

Star Member
Oct 3, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello Everyone,
Can anybody share a link for a "New PR tracker for sponsorship application."

Also do I need to write sponsor details or Applicant's details to register in the PR Tracker. Please send me a procedure for that.

Thanks.

rego1

Jul 15, 2024
Hi, I need help. I applied under spousal sponsorship for my wife. I completed my 5 years spousal sponsorship ban. However I was married to my ex wife in India and obtained divorce in Canada (Both had Canada PR at that time and physically present in Canada). I got married to my current wife in India and issued new marriage certificate. For spousal sponsorship of my new wife, Regarding divorce documents, I provided divorce certificate which was issued in Canada. I provided no other document regarding divorce. My question is - Will my file be rejected or will I be required to provide Divorce doc from India (I do not have any).
Appreciate your response!

As far as i know, you will need to provide: final divorce order from Canada( divorce from ex-wife), also the final divorce decree of her previous marriage for your wife from India. You will not require any divorce document for your previous marriage from India

Reactions: RameshR

Asaltos21

Aug 14, 2023
Hello everyone,

We are currently applying for my spouse and sent the application in March 2024. Unfortunately, we missed the email requesting the biometrics at the time it was sent. I called IRCC and they informed me that the application has not been closed yet, so I can proceed with the same request and provide the biometrics. My spouse went to take the biometrics last Monday, but it has not yet been updated in the tracking system. We also submitted a web form explaining the situation and mentioning that we will be completing the biometrics.

Has anyone experienced something similar or do you know how long it will take to update the status of the biometrics?

Thank you very much!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello everyone,

We are currently applying for my spouse and sent the application in March 2024. Unfortunately, we missed the email requesting the biometrics at the time it was sent. I called IRCC and they informed me that the application has not been closed yet, so I can proceed with the same request and provide the biometrics. My spouse went to take the biometrics last Monday, but it has not yet been updated in the tracking system. We also submitted a web form explaining the situation and mentioning that we will be completing the biometrics.

Has anyone experienced something similar or do you know how long it will take to update the status of the biometrics?

Thank you very much!
Nothing in CIC happens with a click.... Unless it's your application being submitted. But CIC doesn't work in light speed.

Don't worry it will get updated.. Sometimes in a week, sometimes in 3-6weeks.

CIC works slowly. May be first few steps are quick, then it takes its own sweet time.. Months....
So have patience. Nothing to worry about.