LANDED..........
05-10-2010
TypeSpousal Outland
Province:BC
Sponsor:Citizen
Principal Applicant:India
Submitted:Aug, 9, 2024
AOR:Spet 9, 2024
Sponsor here - Has anyone applied to sponsor while being unemployed? The economy is terrible and I'm not working for sometime now. I have explained this in detail in my LOE along with presented proof of my job search, along with interviews I've given in the last 2 months. I also provided proof of funds and have over 6 figures in savings and no debt/liabilities/mortgage/rent obligations. No dependants in our application.

anybody in the same situation, or has gone through this situation? I'm slightly concerned about being approved as a sponsor.
[/QUOTE]

Should be fine as long as you are not on social assistance.

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Hi, I submitted my husband ‘s spousal pr application Outland Canada, on 4 April. It’s been over 16 months now. Our file is non routine file now and he is from India.our application is transferred to New Delhi visa office, and application is there from last 10 months.
Hi,

I contacted the MP's office, and after they followed up on my wife's sponsorship, they informed me that her application is non-routine.
The reason for this is the need to check my (the sponsor's) eligibility, even though all the required documents were uploaded and submitted. I am also currently waiting for my citizenship ceremony.

Have you received any updates regarding your application? Is there anything I can do to help speed up the process?
I submitted my application four months ago, and I would prefer not to exceed the 10-month time frame.

Please advise

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
Hi All,

I contacted the MP's office, and after they followed up on my wife's sponsorship, I was informed that her application is classified as non-routine.
The reason for this is the need to verify my (the sponsor's) eligibility, despite all required documents being uploaded and submitted. I am also currently awaiting my citizenship ceremony.

Is there anything I can do to help expedite the process?
I submitted my application four months ago and would prefer not to exceed the 10-month time frame.

Please advise.

Irome24

Sep 12, 2024
Hi everyone,

I applied for Outland sponsorship for my wife on Aug 4 2024, received AOR on Sep 6, and today Sept 12 I received an email stating $490 refund initiated. I’m confused as what this means, as no other information was provided in the email. Any clarification would be greatly helpful. Thanks

malklv

Oct 4, 2023
Hi All,

I contacted the MP's office, and after they followed up on my wife's sponsorship, I was informed that her application is classified as non-routine.
The reason for this is the need to verify my (the sponsor's) eligibility, despite all required documents being uploaded and submitted. I am also currently awaiting my citizenship ceremony.

Is there anything I can do to help expedite the process?
I submitted my application four months ago and would prefer not to exceed the 10-month time frame.

Please advise.
I also contacted the MP and my file was considered no routine. It's because they asked me for ADDITIONAL documents Wich made my file out of timeframe, I'm on the 14th months.
It's crazy frustrating

Reactions: amir1993

amir1993

Star Member
Dec 23, 2021
I also contacted the MP and my file was considered no routine. It's because they asked me for ADDITIONAL documents Wich made my file out of timeframe, I'm on the 14th months.
It's crazy frustrating

What was the additional document they requested? Did you get an email or any other communication about it? How did you provide those documents?

It’s definitely frustrating. That’s why I requested the notes to see what stage it’s stuck at.
Please share your experience.

Thanks!

malklv

Oct 4, 2023
What was the additional document they requested? Did you get an email or any other communication about it? How did you provide those documents?

It’s definitely frustrating. That’s why I requested the notes to see what stage it’s stuck at.

Thanks!
They asked for the update form of the imm5669 and police records.

malklv

Oct 4, 2023

Thanks!
I submitted them via webforms. They only notified me after a week that they received my documents.
They said there should be a final decision on June 23, but since June 11 I haven't received any updates neither an email from them about my application.

2cookies

May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello
I would like to know if we still need to submit our wedding ceremony photos and other proof for outland spouse sponsorship?
Thanks

jayjayp

Sep 16, 2024
Hi,
I am a Canadian citizen, living outside Canada with my wife. I am planning to sponsor her and is planning to move with her to Canada once she gets the PR.

But it would be difficult to manage if both of us do not get a job after moving into Canada.

Can I move out of Canada after she gets PR? She can continue in Canada and look for a job, once she gets something I can move back as well. Is this allowed or do I have to be in Canada till she gets her citizenship? I don't want any complications during her citizenship application.

RM07

Sep 16, 2024
Hello folks, need advice:
Is it okay if I want to apply for Outland sponsorship application even though I on PGWP (principal applicant) and my spouse (PR) are both residing in Canada at the time of application? My spouse has some plans to visit back home for more than one month after the application will be submitted. thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello folks, need advice:
Is it okay if I want to apply for Outland sponsorship application even though I on PGWP (principal applicant) and my spouse (PR) are both residing in Canada at the time of application? My spouse has some plans to visit back home for more than one month after the application will be submitted. thank you!
Yes, you can apply outland even while in Canada. But this has nothing to do with the sponsor - a PR sponsor must reside in Canada throughout, short trips are ok. Usually understood to mean less than a month.