VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
c_farah said:
Thank you for your help!
that definitely clears a few things up

Regarding your last point:
What fees will we need to pay upon her entry into the US (or were you referring to other fees I should pay in advance)? Also, they ask how long she will be visiting for. Should I say 6 months? Should I say something else?

Typically when she visits I do pick her up from Buffalo, so that won't be any different than usual. And as far as I know, she will be arriving with minimum items (and the rest we'll get mailed)

Thank you again
I meant the PR application fees ($1,040 in total). Just say she's visiting for as long as she's allowed while you go through the PR process. You can show the receipt, so they know you've already taken steps to get the process started. Typically, they will then give her the 6 months maximum. You can always apply to extend that later on.

c_farah

Jan 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
AOR Received.
16-02-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
16-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
07-10-2013
Perfect
I see that on the site now
Will pay that in a bit when I'm closer to finishing my application

thanks again for your help - I'm sure I'll have more questions as I'm going through the application as it's a bit overwhelming

Regards,

c_farah

merger

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
App. sent 28-03-2012 / App. Received 30-03-2012
AOR Received.
n/a
File Transfer...
received by CEM 09-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-02-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
PPR date 05-09-2012 / letter received 10-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2012 / visa received 26-10-2012
LANDED..........
18-11-2012 :)
Hi guys,

need your advice again please...

A. Form 5669 background/declaration - in Question 6, Letter K, there's a question 'have you had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?' ----- since I had ptb before (2005), I believe I have to say 'yes' and mention it right? Sorry for the silly question but am I correct that Canada immigration considers tuberculosis as serious disease? Just want to be sure..

B. Form 0008 general info - under personal details question 2 it states 'have you used any other name?' ------- since I'll be using my maiden name on all forms/passport, I believe I have to put here my married name right? Although technically 'I have not used my married name before since I am recently married'.. But for the purpose of declaring my married status and since I'll be using my maiden name in the application, I have to indicate my married name right?

Help please..

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
merger said:
Hi guys,

need your advice again please...

A. Form 5669 background/declaration - in Question 6, Letter K, there's a question 'have you had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?' ----- since I had ptb before (2005), I believe I have to say 'yes' and mention it right? Sorry for the silly question but am I correct that Canada immigration considers tuberculosis as serious disease? Just want to be sure..

B. Form 0008 general info - under personal details question 2 it states 'have you used any other name?' ------- since I'll be using my maiden name on all forms/passport, I believe I have to put here my married name right? Although technically 'I have not used my married name before since I am recently married'.. But for the purpose of declaring my married status and since I'll be using my maiden name in the application, I have to indicate my married name right?

Help please..
I have a question about this as well, does my wife need to write down that she has chronic Hep B?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
zmikers said:
I have a question about this as well, does my wife need to write down that she has chronic Hep B?
Yes, she needs to write it down. Although spouses are excessive medical demand exempt, they still need to know any major conditions you have dealt with or are dealing with.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CharlieD10 said:
Yes, she needs to write it down. Although spouses are excessive medical demand exempt, they still need to know any major conditions you have dealt with or are dealing with.
A VERY important issue - disclose everything. If you don't and they find out about it, they can then dismiss your application for fraud and that is a very difficult thing to overcome.

sethanalyn

Feb 27, 2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship w/ dependent child

hi good day everyone...
nag apply kami ng asawa ko for spousal visa w/ dependent child nung august 26, 2011 nila na receive ang application namin sa canada 2 years na kaming kasal at 1 year and 8 mons. na ang anak namin. until now waiting pa rin ako sa visa q. na DM ang application namin sa canada nung nov.3 then finorward nila sa manila ang application then nag ask cla ng passport requirements q at travel documents ng anak q nung dec. 5, 2011 pero 1 month q pa naqha dahil nahirapan ung post office sa paghahanap ng adrress q then pinass q mga requirements q by jan. 18, 2012 sa embassy pero incomplete NBI and passport lang ang na pass q sa kanila kc ung citizenship card ng anak q wala pa. Nag apply kami para sa citizenship ng anak q nung august 2012 then na receive namin ang card jan, 21, 2012.and then nag apply kami para sa passport ng baby q jan 26, 2012 1 month processing daw so by this week makukuha na namin.
Nag email sakin ang embassy nung feb. 10, 2012 kung my nagawa na ba aq para sa travel document ng baby q. so, pi nass q sa kanila ung recbo ng passport application ng baby q proof na nag apply na kami ng passport para sa kanya.
Nag check aq s status ng application q ang nakapost dun they statrted processing my application in manila Jan. 31, 2012.MedicAL RESULT received.
until now in process pa rin ang visa q...until when pa kaya aq maghihintay..mag ka batch lang kami ng friend q na nag apply then DM na xa kc wala xang anak..
pero cguru kung naka ready na ang travel documents ng anak q na approve na rin cguru aq noh?? nag sabay kc ang pag apply q ng visa at citizenship ng anak q...until when pa kaya aq mag waiting ito?????

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
ENGLISH PLEASE ::)

sethanalyn

Feb 27, 2012
ok fine in english...
im married to a canadian guy for 2 years and we have a son 1 year and 8 mons...we applied for a spousal visa w/ dependent child and canada recieved our application aug. 26, 2011 before that i applied for my son's citizenship in canada about last week of july 2011...i recieved my son's citizenship card jan 21, 2012...
for my visa application
my husband was approved as a sponsor on nov. 3, 2011 and they forward it here in the philippines and they asked for my passport and NBI clearance and travel documents for my son dec. 7, 2011 i was not able to obtain them the travel documents for my son coz we havent receive his citizenship card that tym.so i only sent them my passport and my nbi. then jan. 21, 2012 i received my son's citizenship card and we applied for his passport in cebu jan. 27, 2012. this week we are expecting for my son's passport,..
they started prcessing my application jan. 31, 2012 and they sent me an e mail feb. 10, 2012 saying how to obtain my child's travel documents and if i have apply for his documents so i sent them the receipts of my son's passport application...so until now my status is in process still..my friend is now waiting for her visa coz she's approved now and we applied on the same month...until when i will wait for my visa to be issued????? :-[ have they delayed my application because i applied for my visa and my son's travel documents at the same time???

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
sethanalyn said:
ok fine in english...
im married to a canadian guy for 2 years and we have a son 1 year and 8 mons...we applied for a spousal visa w/ dependent child and canada recieved our application aug. 26, 2011 before that i applied for my son's citizenship in canada about last week of july 2011...i recieved my son's citizenship card jan 21, 2012...
for my visa application
my husband was approved as a sponsor on nov. 3, 2011 and they forward it here in the philippines and they asked for my passport and NBI clearance and travel documents for my son dec. 7, 2011 i was not able to obtain them the travel documents for my son coz we havent receive his citizenship card that tym.so i only sent them my passport and my nbi. then jan. 21, 2012 i received my son's citizenship card and we applied for his passport in cebu jan. 27, 2012. this week we are expecting for my son's passport,..
they started prcessing my application jan. 31, 2012 and they sent me an e mail feb. 10, 2012 saying how to obtain my child's travel documents and if i have apply for his documents so i sent them the receipts of my son's passport application...so until now my status is in process still..my friend is now waiting for her visa coz she's approved now and we applied on the same month...until when i will wait for my visa to be issued????? :-[ have they delayed my application because i applied for my visa and my son's travel documents at the same time???
Unlikely. Don't compare your timeline to others. Your processing will go in its own time while they verify YOUR background etc. It won't be long now, so all you have to do is relax.

dragonele

Feb 26, 2012
Leon said:
No crying now, it is not that bad. The 11 months would be the 80% number so if your application is not complicated you will most likely be in the faster 50% and it should take less time than that. Most cases that take long do so because immigration is worried that the relationship is not genuine but married with two kids I doubt it will even cross their mind.

Your husband can not officially move to Canada until he gets his PR, however, there is nothing that stops him from "visiting" Canada with you as you move with your Canadian children. As an Italian, he does not need a visit visa and he can stay in Canada for up to 6 months without the need to extend his visitor status. He will however not be able to work until he gets his PR.

My advise, apply outland through Rome now. Show plans to move to Canada, job offer if you have one, plans where to live, where your kids will go to school, support letters from relatives who will help you get settled etc. etc. If he doesn't have his PR visa by the time you want to move, let him go with you as a visitor. He can take some short courses to pass the time while he waits for his PR visa. Once he gets his PR visa, he goes to the border and gets his PR status and then he can work.
Thank you so much! That sounds a lot easier than what I thought we were going to have to go through....Please, 2 more questions...
1) Is it possible to apply entirely online from outside Canada? and,
2) Do I only have to fill out what is on the Sponsor Document Checklist and it's ready to go or are there other forms to fill out?
Thanks in advance, I truely appreciate your help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dragonele said:
Thank you so much! That sounds a lot easier than what I thought we were going to have to go through....Please, 2 more questions...
1) Is it possible to apply entirely online from outside Canada? and,
2) Do I only have to fill out what is on the Sponsor Document Checklist and it's ready to go or are there other forms to fill out?
Thanks in advance, I truely appreciate your help.
1) As far as I know there is no option to apply for sponsorship online. For most people, there are big applications packages full of evidence of their relationship, how they met, photos etc. If you read your sponsorship guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp it says to mail it to Mississauga.

2) You are supposed to send the full package for sponsorship and PR application all together to Mississauga. When you go here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp you will need the Part 1 Sponsorship forms, the Part 2 Immigration forms and Part 3 West Europe. There is the Document Checklist in Part 1 and there is another one in Part 3 that you should compare in case it is asking for something that the first one doesn't already mention. All of those forms need to be filled out and sent along and whatever other evidence or documents they are asking for need to be included as well.

Cxyrus

Star Member
Nov 15, 2011
guyz..i have some questions..my wife just received the PPR last Jan. 20, 2011,. but dated Jan. 15....she passed their Passport last Jan.23....are we just waiting for our VISA?? or are we waiting if she gonna have an interview? How long does it takes for VISA to be issued? Its almost more than a month...is there any chances that she might have interview? Or we are just waiting for the VISA? thanks a lot..

dragonele

Feb 26, 2012
I am sponsoring my spouse (we both live outside Canada) and we are at the point in the papers where he needs to get a medical...Am I understanding this correctly: My spouse has to go get his medical in Rome which is far from where we live?! Is that the only way to go?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
dragonele said:
I am sponsoring my spouse (we both live outside Canada) and we are at the point in the papers where he needs to get a medical...Am I understanding this correctly: My spouse has to go get his medical in Rome which is far from where we live?! Is that the only way to go?
Your spouse may go to any designated medical practitioner (DMP) on the list. Nothing requires that the DMP be in the country processing the outland application. The DMP will provide your spouse with a copy of the IMM1017EFC form. That form has a unique serial number on it.

Regardless of where your spouse has it done, the results are sent to Ottawa. The medical officers in Ottawa evaluate the results and create the computer encoding of the information. That unique serial number is how the visa office matches up the medical officers' evaluation of your spouse's health results with the application.