still working on january 3

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

hrehman

Jan 13, 2009
Visa Office......
inland
Pls help me on this:

I am a canadian Citizen. Living in Qatar. my spouse is living with me. Now, i am in the process of applying for her sponsorship. As per my understanding, she has to submit her medicals laongwith the application. However, the processing time is aroudn 26 months for Abu Dhabi. But the mnedicals expire after 12 months.

So my questino is that is it necessary to have the medical now and then again, once requested by the immigratino authority?

Secondly, originally, we are from Pakistan, should do i have choice ot chosse, whether to apply choose paksitan or abu Dhabi as a processsing office.

Thanks in advance.

jcruicks

May 13, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
Doc's Request.
10-06-2013
Med's Request
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
10-06-2103
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
Question: I met my husband who is originally from Senegal in Italy. He was living in Italy illegally and now of course Canada asks for police reports from every country he has lived in. How can I get a police report for someone there was never any record of? We have already disclosed that he lived in Italy because that is how we met. What should I do? :-\

dragonele

Feb 26, 2012
computergeek said:
If you submit now, at some point the visa office will ask you for his medicals and provide you with a specific time frame in which to provide them. If that is before your visit to Edmonton, then you would need to make additional arrangements. It would also slow down processing of the application.

So you could submit now, expecting it will reach the visa office in early May. If they ask for medicals I'd expect them to give you 60 days or so to submit them - so as long as they don't ask before July 1, you'd likely win and can do them in Edmonton in August. If they ask before that, you'd have to go to the DMP in Rome. So, it sounds like a gamble, but one in which you're likely to win, albeit at the cost of longer processing time on your application.
Thank you Computergeek!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hrehman said:
So my questino is that is it necessary to have the medical now and then again, once requested by the immigratino authority?

Secondly, originally, we are from Pakistan, should do i have choice ot chosse, whether to apply choose paksitan or abu Dhabi as a processsing office.
The 26 months is the time it takes to process 80% of cases. Yours could be really fast and get done within 12 months. If they want medicals, you must send them, repeat them every time they tell you do and wait.

It is your choice if to have file processed in your wife's country of residence or country of citizenship so if you want Pakistan, you have the choice.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Leon said:
You must include her in your application but you can include her as not accompanying. She would still need to have medicals and then the door is open to sponsor her later. If you include her as accompanying but can not get her passport or show full custody, it will complicate your application because her PR visa will be held up.

Once you have the custody issues cleared up, you can sponsor her for PR and she can join you in Canada.
Thank you Leon,i called the cic first thing this morning and clarrify this issue and you are right..i have to include her as not accompanying and although she has no passport and i have the custody issue..i just have to attach an explanation why she has no passport.. Thanks to this forum,this hepls a lot to everyone..GOD BLESS US ALL

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Hi all,

I'm almost ready to submit my husband's application, but I just discovered he filled in the "Additional Family Information" form (one page) with blue ink, not black. It would be possible for me to find someone who writes well in Arabic to re-write his family's names in black ink, but I'd really rather not do this if I don't have to... running out of energy!! Has anyone ever had an app returned for having blue ink on one of the forms? What do you think?

Many thanks!

indian_spouse

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
16th march 2012
Med's Done....
8 Dec 2011
Passport Req..
27th march 2012
VISA ISSUED...
28 June 2012( DM)
LANDED..........
12-14 July 2012
hello everybody!

firstly, my best wishes to al the applicants...
I am from India and my husband is a PR in Canada. My husband sent my application for spouse sponsored visa.The forms were received on 13th Jan at Mississauga.
I can see on the website, last updated on 29th Feb, that they working on applications received on 3rd Jan 2012.
hopefully, by next week they might start working on applications received on 13th jan..
i have few concerns:
1. i read on the site, that step 1 requires 55 days- does it mean, that i count the days from the date, it was received at Mississauga, which is 13th jan... or should i count days from the date, they start working on my application(which could be..say, 7th march) ? currently, i dont see any status updated on the application status tracking link.when can i see that, what happens next... by when, can i see myself joining my husband in canada?what will be the steps taken by CIC, which i can track and get myself a realistic timeline to chase.

in the interim, i applied for TRV to visit my husband, while the spouse sponsored visa is being processed...but the request was rejected as the passport officer was not convinced, that i would leave Canada post the expiry of TRV... but that is so frustrating... coz why would i not go back to my home country, as why would i jeopardize my chances of getting a permanent visa!anyways, that option is lost...left with only one option and that is to WAIT...

it's written step 1(55 days) + step 2(6 months)- but a visa consultant told me, that it takes 2-2.5 months.. is it true?

someone, please do reply...

waiting in anticipation!
Thanks!

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Hi there, I am sponsoring my husband (American Citizen)( application sent september 2011) to come to canada, my part of the process has been completed and our file sent to Detroit visa office in michigan. My husband received and email from them last week requesting copy of his divorce decree and a medical for his daughter who is living with the ex and will not be accompanying him to canada.. In his divorce doc it says joint custody, with every other weekend visits, but she lives with the mother full time. The Ex wrote a letter stating that her daughter will not be having a medical and wrote the reasons why.( which was requested by the detroit office in the event the ex said no to the medical) but my concern is that in your information posted it said that the only way the daughter would not have to undergo the medical is if the ex had full custody.. what does this mean for us since they have joint and she says no to the medical.. Help! worried!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lasiar said:
Hi there, I am sponsoring my husband (American Citizen)( application sent september 2011) to come to canada, my part of the process has been completed and our file sent to Detroit visa office in michigan. My husband received and email from them last week requesting copy of his divorce decree and a medical for his daughter who is living with the ex and will not be accompanying him to canada.. In his divorce doc it says joint custody, with every other weekend visits, but she lives with the mother full time. The Ex wrote a letter stating that her daughter will not be having a medical and wrote the reasons why.( which was requested by the detroit office in the event the ex said no to the medical) but my concern is that in your information posted it said that the only way the daughter would not have to undergo the medical is if the ex had full custody.. what does this mean for us since they have joint and she says no to the medical.. Help! worried!
It is quite possible that he will have a problem. If he has access to the child, he can take her for medicals. Immigration does not want people to exclude their children from possible later sponsorship unless they have no choice.

Currently it may not be an issue but what happens if the ex is in an accident and dies? If his daughter does not get the medical, he can never sponsor her. He should talk to his ex about this. Same if the daughter later, say at 18 would like to get PR to be able to study in Canada or work for the summer or something like that. She will not thank her mom for having made that impossible.

mfanous007

Sep 2, 2011
CharlieD10 said:
1) You must have your marriage certificate to apply as spouses, there is a way to have it expedited, ask around, others have gotten theirs sooner than 12 weeks.

2) No. Length of relationship is how long she was actually with her former spouse, the date of separation has to be whenever that relationship ended by her separating in fact, not on paper. The date of divorce is the date on the papers.

3) You should have a client number from your previous visa application. That is your Universal Client Identification or UCI.
Can I or should I apply to change my status from Student to Visitor before we submit? Just don't want to take the chance since my student visa expires in April

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
mfanous007 said:
Can I or should I apply to change my status from Student to Visitor before we submit? Just don't want to take the chance since my student visa expires in April
Yes, you can apply to vary your status to visitor. Definitely do so soon, you are heading into the 30-day window.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Hello Leon and all,

I have a question again bcoz i kept on calling the cic but i cant get in,line is always busy...

Should i get my daughter in the phis. her medical now while i am in the process of filling in the forms and include it in my application?
Thanks again..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
weary-damsil31 said:
Hello Leon and all,

I have a question again bcoz i kept on calling the cic but i cant get in,line is always busy...

Should i get my daughter in the phis. her medical now while i am in the process of filling in the forms and include it in my application?
Thanks again..
Yes, you can do that. You can see the medical instructions for the Philippines here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf

sunshine83

Jan 25, 2012
Spousal sponsorship

it all most 2.5 month wait for approval in-land..... i don't now what going on .... my marriage is still in trouble ... please some one help me to now how long Mississauga take time