Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Leon said:
Yes, you can do that. You can see the medical instructions for the Philippines here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3905e.pdf
Thank you,again Leon... i have another question coz in the link that u gave i saw this...

For any dependent child who is a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, a photocopy of one of the following documents must be included with your application:
•Canadian Citizenship certificate
•Canadian passport
•Permanent Resident Visa, or
•Permanent Resident Card

Should i also provide all of these since i have a 5 month old daughter here in canada...thank you again sooo much...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
weary-damsil31 said:
Thank you,again Leon... i have another question coz in the link that u gave i saw this...

For any dependent child who is a Canadian Citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, a photocopy of one of the following documents must be included with your application:
•Canadian Citizenship certificate
•Canadian passport
•Permanent Resident Visa, or
•Permanent Resident Card

Should i also provide all of these since i have a 5 month old daughter here in canada...thank you again sooo much...
You only have to provide one of the above documents. Your 5 month old will not be in the IMM 0008 application because she is already a citizen but you will list her in the additional family information form. They do not give the option of simply a Canadian birth certificate so I guess you will have to get a passport for the baby.

maksi

Dec 25, 2011
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
You only have to provide one of the above documents. Your 5 month old will not be in the IMM 0008 application because she is already a citizen but you will list her in the additional family information form. They do not give the option of simply a Canadian birth certificate so I guess you will have to get a passport for the baby.
Please check out this link : :(

http://www.windsorstar.com/Conservatives+announce+year+sponsorship+crack+down+marriage+fraud/6241551/story.html

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
CharlieD10 said:
Don't give them any more information than requested. You are visiting.
Thanks Charlie! So I should just say that my mom and I are visiting my boyfriend, no need to mention that I'm getting married. What if they ask me if I'm going to get married there (just a thought) - should I then tell them?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
koala18 said:
Thanks Charlie! So I should just say that my mom and I are visiting my boyfriend, no need to mention that I'm getting married. What if they ask me if I'm going to get married there (just a thought) - should I then tell them?
Then, you answer honestly, yes.

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
My wife, who I am sponsoring from Taiwan, is pregnant with our child. The child is not yet born and will be born in Taiwan. Because I am a Canadian citizen, I will get the child's citizenship papers in order before moving back to Canada. He/She is not yet born and we are starting the application process now, but will be born when we move. IS this child a dependant, how do I record his'her information on the forms? Thanks again everybody.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
You cannot report your child until she or he is born. Since you are the sponsor, and the child is a Canadian Citizen as a result, you can advise the visa office of your change in family status once it happens, but by the time you do that your application to sponsor has likely already been granted (and I would not expect them to go back and re-test you financially.)

If they want further information at that point, they will ask for it, but I suspect they won't, since it won't be germane to completing your wife's application (which is really what will be the issue at the time.)

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
zmikers said:
My wife, who I am sponsoring from Taiwan, is pregnant with our child. The child is not yet born and will be born in Taiwan. Because I am a Canadian citizen, I will get the child's citizenship papers in order before moving back to Canada. He/She is not yet born and we are starting the application process now, but will be born when we move. IS this child a dependant, how do I record his'her information on the forms? Thanks again everybody.
The child is not a dependent for purposes of the sponsorship of your wife, so his/her information is not put on the IMM008. He/she is an additional family member, recorded on the IMM5406 (updated after the birth).

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
CharlieD10 said:
The child is not a dependent for purposes of the sponsorship of your wife, so his/her information is not put on the IMM008. He/she is an additional family member, recorded on the IMM5406 (updated after the birth).
Ok thanks for the info. So, a dependant is only recorded if NOT a Canadian citizen? Is that correct?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zmikers said:
Ok thanks for the info. So, a dependant is only recorded if NOT a Canadian citizen? Is that correct?
A dependent is always on your additional family information form but you do not list them on your IMM 0008 if they are already PR or citizen.

What you have to do for your child to get citizenship is apply for a citizenship certificate at the Canadian embassy. You can ask for it to be expedited if you are moving soon. Otherwise it can take over a year. However, once you have applied for it, you can get a temporary passport for the baby so you can move right away if you want to.

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
CharlieD10 said:
Then, you answer honestly, yes.
Thanks Charlie! I am still waiting for my mom's TRV to be released. I put in the supplementary information that she will be attending her daughter's wedding. I hope the embassy will not see it as a negative sign.

Another, question, in the Spouse Questionnaire, Question # 27, it is asking if my bf and I have lived together. I don't know if his stay in our house and my stay in their house in Canada when we visited each other is considered living together because we also lived together with our respective families during our visits. Can I still put them there?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
koala18 said:
Thanks Charlie! I am still waiting for my mom's TRV to be released. I put in the supplementary information that she will be attending her daughter's wedding. I hope the embassy will not see it as a negative sign.

Another, question, in the Spouse Questionnaire, Question # 27, it is asking if my bf and I have lived together. I don't know if his stay in our house and my stay in their house in Canada when we visited each other is considered living together because we also lived together with our respective families during our visits. Can I still put them there?
Yes, you can still put those periods there as living together. The idea is that you've actually spent time together under the same roof as a couple, it doesn't necessarily restrict itself to periods when you set up house together.

koala18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
CharlieD10 said:
Yes, you can still put those periods there as living together. The idea is that you've actually spent time together under the same roof as a couple, it doesn't necessarily restrict itself to periods when you set up house together.
Great! Thanks Charlie!

On a side question, do you think the embassy will see my mom as a 'risk' of overstaying by stating the she is attending my wedding? I am hoping not. I provided all the requirements plus affidavit of support from me,my Certificate of employment, invitation letter (original) from my boyfriend's mom and good money in her bank account. And I also applied for single entry only. I really hope we get her TRV by next week.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
koala18 said:
Great! Thanks Charlie!

On a side question, do you think the embassy will see my mom as a 'risk' of overstaying by stating the she is attending my wedding? I am hoping not. I provided all the requirements plus affidavit of support from me,my Certificate of employment, invitation letter (original) from my boyfriend's mom and good money in her bank account. And I also applied for single entry only. I really hope we get her TRV by next week.
If you're provided sufficient proof of her reasons to return home, they might not. It's 50-50, like a lot of things.

ccsunset1

Mar 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2014
I am from Hong Kong and now visiting my boyfriend in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I am now considering to relocate here and have 3 choices to do so:-
1. Skilled worker - but accoutants not on list now
2. PNP of Nova Scotia - but not get any employment offer to apply for this
3. Spousal sponsorship

My boyfriend is a Canadian citizen and we are advised option 3 is the best choice to get me to immigrate to Canada...

However, my boyfriend does not have any income for the time being though he is willing to be the sponsor if we get married. He is not on any social assistance or bankrupt, but he cannot have prove of income to show that he could support me for the 3 years period, will this be a problem? What if I have enough assets/equity to support myself for those 3 years requirement, will this work out??

What can we do now?? Please advice.