08-07-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
sunshine83 said:
my marriage going in trouble . my in-laws make so trouble in my marriage life i just sponsor my spouse at 6 ht Jan 2012 ... they said go and stay with my husband it is impossible to live with him before approval ............. i don't now what i do ... it to hard please some one help me to solve this problem
You cannot go and be with him before you are approved , so wait for that, it might be any day now. And once when you get approved and go there to visit your husband do NOT stay more than 3 weeks. If you stay longer they will refuse your husbands visa and even your PR status can be jeopardized, So forget about your in-laws , If your husband wants to come to the Canada, he has to support you and not make any pressure and make your life miserable. You are trying to build a new life for both of you. Be strong!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshine83 said:
my marriage going in trouble . my in-laws make so trouble in my marriage life i just sponsor my spouse at 6 ht Jan 2012 ... they said go and stay with my husband it is impossible to live with him before approval ............. i don't now what i do ... it to hard please some one help me to solve this problem
If you are a PR and you want to sponsor your husband for PR, you must be living in Canada. If immigration finds out that you have left to go live with your husband, they can refuse your application and you will have to apply again.

Tell your husband that if he wants to get his PR, he must be patient. Tell your in-laws to shut up and tend to their own marriages and keep their noses out of yours.

jocana

Sep 3, 2011
Hi everyone,

Just want to ask if I'm going to land for 5 days in Canada then return back to my home country in order to marry my boyfriend, then go back to Canada after 1 month of marriage, is it possible?After I go back there, can I immediately file for spousal sponsorship?Please I need your help.

Regards,
jocana

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
Wow, I have so many questions :eek:

Here is our situation. I am a Canadian citizen, born in BC. I have been living in Taiwan for the last 10 years. My wife is Taiwanese and we are planning on moving back to BC. She is 10 weeks pregnant, so we are not sure what to do. Do we:

a. Get all of the documentation ready and apply after the baby is born and she is able to have the chest x-ray done?

b. Can we apply now while she is pregnant?

If we apply after she is pregnant, can we move to Canada while waiting for the application approval, which can take 4 to 9 months here in Taiwan?
If so, then do we change our address to Canada so the information can be sent there, or do we have to have a mailing address here in Taiwan, ie family's house?
Also, is Chronic Hep B grounds for disapproval?

Sorry, but we are very confused about our options and what is the best way to do this.

Roddy81

Feb 14, 2012
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me, My wife (Chinese national) and I have a child who has a CCC, we are applying for her PR and I am wondering should I put the baby down as my dependent or hers? I don't think i need to sponsor my daughter because she is already a canadian so how should i list her? Also at risk of sounding stupid, do I send my wife's application and my sponsor application to Mississauga and then it is sent to Beijing? Anyway thanks for any help!!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
Roddy81 said:
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me, My wife (Chinese national) and I have a child who has a CCC, we are applying for her PR and I am wondering should I put the baby down as my dependent or hers? I don't think i need to sponsor my daughter because she is already a canadian so how should i list her? Also at risk of sounding stupid, do I send my wife's application and my sponsor application to Mississauga and then it is sent to Beijing? Anyway thanks for any help!!
yes if your daughter is already canadian citizen, you dont need to apply for her but still you need to add her in dependent list. you need to send application to CIC Mississauga.
best of luck :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jocana said:
Just want to ask if I'm going to land for 5 days in Canada then return back to my home country in order to marry my boyfriend, then go back to Canada after 1 month of marriage, is it possible?After I go back there, can I immediately file for spousal sponsorship?Please I need your help.
You can but immigration may feel slightly cheated that you did not marry him and add him to your application already. There are still no rules against doing this as long as you are not living with him in a common law relationship right now because then you would have had to include him in your application.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zmikers said:
a. Get all of the documentation ready and apply after the baby is born and she is able to have the chest x-ray done?

b. Can we apply now while she is pregnant?

If we apply after she is pregnant, can we move to Canada while waiting for the application approval, which can take 4 to 9 months here in Taiwan?
If so, then do we change our address to Canada so the information can be sent there, or do we have to have a mailing address here in Taiwan, ie family's house?
Also, is Chronic Hep B grounds for disapproval?
You can do either, apply now or wait for the baby. If you apply now, she would need a lead apron for the x-ray but it can still be done.

If you apply while she is pregnant, she is not actually allowed to move to Canada until she gets her PR but she is allowed to visit if she can get a visit visa. However, visit visas for spouses are often refused.

Another problem would be that if you move to Canada before the baby is born, she would not have health care until she gets her PR + 3 months so you would be stuck with the bill for the delivery.

If you wait until after the baby is born, you would have to apply for the baby's citizenship certificate at the embassy and you can get a temporary passport for the baby at the same time.

If you end up going to BC before your application is completed, you can tell the visa office that you are in Canada and give a new address.

Spouses can not be refused due to excessive demand on health care so it is only if Hep. B would be considered dangerous to the Canadian public. You can find some people discussing that here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hepatitis-b-and-immigration-t52874.0.html

chsohail1988

Feb 14, 2012
hi all, i have one question..when they give me back my original documents and where they give me back in canada or in pakistan? my wife is staying with me in pakistan and she don't wanna go back without me. is it ok? she is candian citizen.

shivpalsidhu

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
6216 (New NOC 6313)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
AOR Received.
06-04-2011 (1st) 02-06-2011 (2nd)
IELTS Request
Sent with inital application
File Transfer...
30-04-2011 and July 2012
Med's Request
19-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Calgary, AB
Hi,

I am on a LMO approved work permit for 1 year until Feb 2013. My wife, and 2 daugthers are in India. I want to know the options through which I can get my family to join me until my work permit expires. My PR application was filed in Mar 2011, and currently ECAS shows RBVO at Buffalo VO.

The option which I am aware of is, my wife can apply for open work permit, and ask for exemption from LMO process (LMO approval, job offer) by writing a cover letter and explaning that her husband is in Canada on a closed work permit which is NOC B skill level approved by HRSDC. I have thought of attaching the following douments with the application.
1. Notarized copy of marriage certificate (it's been 6yrs of mrrg)
2. Notarized copy of birth certificates for both the kids (parents name mentioned on both certificates, and date of birth, issued by municipal corp)
3. Copy of my passport (spouse name on last page)
4. Copy of my wife`s passport (spouse name on last page)
5. Copy of my current work permit (this will help in giving the VO clarity about my current work permit. I am not sure if they can access the database or not)
6. A original letter on letterhead from my current employer stating that I am working here as ______ (position title) since ____, and currently on work permit until _____ (expiry date). As per our employee records, his family is in India and he wants to get his family here in Canada with him until the expiry of work permit. The letter will include full name, date of birth, address, passport #, and relationship of family member`s with employee (which is me).
7. Other documents as may be applicable for work permit application.

I am kind of confused if this will suffice, so any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Shiv

jocana

Sep 3, 2011
Leon said:
You can but immigration may feel slightly cheated that you did not marry him and add him to your application already. There are still no rules against doing this as long as you are not living with him in a common law relationship right now because then you would have had to include him in your application.
Thanks Sir Leon.Actually, he's my bf for 4 years but we're not living in.We planned to get married last year but not push through due to some problems on his documents,he doesn't like to hamper the progress of my application that's why he decided not to marry me before I get the visa.I hope everything will be fine by the time I sponsor him.

zmikers

Feb 26, 2012
Leon said:
You can do either, apply now or wait for the baby. If you apply now, she would need a lead apron for the x-ray but it can still be done.

If you apply while she is pregnant, she is not actually allowed to move to Canada until she gets her PR but she is allowed to visit if she can get a visit visa. However, visit visas for spouses are often refused.

Another problem would be that if you move to Canada before the baby is born, she would not have health care until she gets her PR + 3 months so you would be stuck with the bill for the delivery.

If you wait until after the baby is born, you would have to apply for the baby's citizenship certificate at the embassy and you can get a temporary passport for the baby at the same time.

If you end up going to BC before your application is completed, you can tell the visa office that you are in Canada and give a new address.

Spouses can not be refused due to excessive demand on health care so it is only if Hep. B would be considered dangerous to the Canadian public. You can find some people discussing that here:
Thanks Leon, this is actually one of the clearest responses I've had on many sites. I guess our plan of attack is to start the process now, in Taiwan, have the baby here in 8 months, then move to Canada when everything gets sorted, ie wife's PR visa and new baby's temp Passport. Does this sound logical?

Also, how long after the PR visa is issued can we wait before we move? I would like to have the visa issued before we make final plans, which can take a few months to organize with jobs, pets and moving.

Thanks again!

lucky rain

Oct 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
AOR Received.
06-01-2012
File Transfer...
19-12-2011
Med's Done....
08-07-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2012
LANDED..........
02-06-2012
after she gets her PR visa stamped (or COPR) in her passport she will have to "land" in Canada before her medical expires( usually is that long)