Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Deficient said:
Sorry to quote a week-old post.

But this is the kind of thing that just infuriates me (not you! I mean CIC). I've been through the guides countless times and this^ issue isn't mentioned at all, and we're just supposed to magically know this kind of thing.

It's so ridiculous that we have to rely on basically anecdotal info from people who've been through the process to actually know how to get this all done. It blows my mind.

So what I am going to ask of others here is this... has anybody submitted forms that were stapled, and did this cause any problems for them? My application isn't submitted yet but it is in Canada with my husband. I could surely ask him to remove all the staples but I am absolutely not going to ask that of him if it's not essential.
Back in 2010 when I filed my husband's outland application, there was definitely a specific mention in one of the guides about no staples, binders, etc. I can't comment if this set of instructions is still in the current version of the guide...

Sharp2000

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
IELTS Request
sent with complete documents
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
Hi skylla

i was preparing documents to include my wife in my processing but recently NDVO called me for personal interview on thirrd week of March. now what can i do to include my wife?? can i include her after i get my application approved?? or can i take her together with me for interview carrying all required documents?? please help me with your expert advice..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deficient said:
Sorry to quote a week-old post.

But this is the kind of thing that just infuriates me (not you! I mean CIC). I've been through the guides countless times and this^ issue isn't mentioned at all, and we're just supposed to magically know this kind of thing.

It's so ridiculous that we have to rely on basically anecdotal info from people who've been through the process to actually know how to get this all done. It blows my mind.

So what I am going to ask of others here is this... has anybody submitted forms that were stapled, and did this cause any problems for them? My application isn't submitted yet but it is in Canada with my husband. I could surely ask him to remove all the staples but I am absolutely not going to ask that of him if it's not essential.
A staple is not going to result in a refusal. Don't get upset about it.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharp2000 said:
Hi skylla

i was preparing documents to include my wife in my processing but recently NDVO called me for personal interview on thirrd week of March. now what can i do to include my wife?? can i include her after i get my application approved?? or can i take her together with me for interview carrying all required documents?? please help me with your expert advice..
No, you can't take her to the interview with you. And I would courier those documents to add her to the application NOW to ensure they are added to the file.

R

richa25

ashunandal said:
hi richa there is one thread for applicants of new delhi, you can join that thread. and here is spreadsheet for new delhi applicants you can figure out your waiting time from there.
best of luck :)

Thanks a ton! I really appreciate your help! :)

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
rjessome said:
A staple is not going to result in a refusal. Don't get upset about it.
Ha, indeed. It's sort of hilarious that after the last couple of months of wanting to tear my hair out over most things concerning this application, it was the friggin staples that made me lose it in the end. Staples! :D

I'm not going to remove them. The visa people can unpick them themselves - I'm sure it'll add a half hour tops to my processing time and the world will carry on turning and that.

zoey5511

Star Member
Feb 14, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12 2012
AOR Received.
Sponsor approval July 17 2012
Interview........
waived :)
Passport Req..
october 11, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
nov. 30 2012 (visa rcvd: dec 6, 2012)
LANDED..........
Dec 2012!!!!
hi guys, i want to know if original school diplomas and training certificates are also included in the documents that must be submitted together with my application?
by the way, my husband in Canada is going to sponsor me.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
zoey5511 said:
hi guys, i want to know if original school diplomas and training certificates are also included in the documents that must be submitted together with my application?
by the way, my husband in Canada is going to sponsor me.
Not for a spousal sponsorship. Original educational transcripts and what-not are required for other categories (federal skilled worker, for example) but are not required for spousal sponsored applications. If you want to send that information along (it isn't required) a copy is more than sufficient. I suspect they won't even look at the information since it isn't necessary for them to make their decision.

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
I am Canadian and am in South Africa with my South African girlfriend we are looking to marry.... but want to know the easiest way for her to come back to Canada with me.... I can support her while she awaits her pr.... Should we Marry in South Africa (I leave April 9th) or should we wait till we are in Canada? If I marry her will she be able to get a Visitors Visa to come Visit me in Canada....

thank you

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
Dinto said:
I am Canadian and am in South Africa with my South African girlfriend we are looking to marry.... but want to know the easiest way for her to come back to Canada with me.... I can support her while she awaits her pr.... Should we Marry in South Africa (I leave April 9th) or should we wait till we are in Canada? If I marry her will she be able to get a Visitors Visa to come Visit me in Canada....

thank you
Hi Dinto... if she has a multi entry visitor visa, then I would suggest to get marry in South Africa, we did the same last April 9th, then when we arrived together to Canada after two weeks for a permanent honey moon :). When we landed, I presented the 2 passports together, then the custom officer asked me what was the purspose of my trip, I said to marry this man... he congratulated us, and stamp his passport and added : " I would guess you are planning to fill the PR application"... we said YES.. and he let us pass wishing my husban a happy welcome to Canada. Not matter what, do not lie... We did have with us the receipt for the application paid in advance (450$ paid online the same day we were travelling)... You need to know that PRetoria takes almost 23 months for the whole process if she stays in SA, if she come with you, you only have to wait together for at least 13 months... personnally, I rather wait together, and saved the money for future trips... good luck and congratulations...

worththewait2012

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Q about declaring Step-family and relations in Canada

is there a requirement to declare the names and addresses of step father (married to his mother currently) and step siblings (no blood relation) my fiancé has never actually met. I am to sure the step dad knows of there where abouts of his children either.

Also ... In stating do you have any family In Canada....

My fiance's uncle is by blood his dads brother. He married so that is where aunt came in. Aunt has a sister and their husbands and grown kids in canada. they are of no blood relation. is there a list somewhere to verify what is considered a relative or not?

Dinto

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello Canadian Citizen:

Thanks for your comments very helpful.... is it hard to get a multiple entry visa? and we will not be returning to Canada together does this make a difference? do we get married before or after the multiple entry visa is granted?

thanks so much for your help..

the_ts

Sep 6, 2011
Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could give me a little information on the visa extension process if my wife and I apply for inland sponsorship while she is here on a visitor visa. Her visa has already heen approved and she will be arriving here in March however here "return" ticket has been purchased for just 18 days later as she is coming with her mother and her mother will be going home then. My concern is if at entry she is not given the full 6 month visa but just the 18 days her ticket is for. As of today the plan is to get married 3 days before her visa could expire, if we mail the application that same day is that the application date or is it the day they receive the application at the office? So my real question is do we need to move the wesding date to give more time to sendthe application or is the application considered submitted the day you mail it? Obviously if she gets the 6 month visa we avoid this problem altogether, but we have to plan for the worst. I guess one more question would be Do they usually just give 6 month visitor visas or do they limit them to the date of the return flight? My fiance is mexican for the record. Thanks so much for any advice!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the_ts said:
Do they usually just give 6 month visitor visas or do they limit them to the date of the return flight? My fiance is mexican for the record. Thanks so much for any advice!!
They usually give 6 months. Sometimes they might limit it if they think the person might overstay. They might give 3 months or a month, whatever. It is usually not limited to the return flight. Even if that happens, worst case scenario, you can apply to extend her visit status based on your plan to marry and sponsor her for PR. Having applied for that, she is under implied status until she hears back. There is also a grace period for overstay which is 3 months. During that time, the status of the person can still be restored but it is a different application and costs more.

sunshine83

Jan 25, 2012
Spousal sponsorship

my marriage going in trouble . my in-laws make so trouble in my marriage life i just sponsor my spouse at 6 ht Jan 2012 ... they said go and stay with my husband it is impossible to live with him before approval ............. i don't now what i do ... it to hard please some one help me to solve this problem