+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. Just wanted to state what was going on with our application....maybe I'm looking for some encouragement....who knows?

I'm a US citizen, hubbie is Canadian. We filed outland. Applications received in Mississauga in October 2011, sponsorship approved December. Late December, received a letter from Buffalo stating we needed to pay ROPR fee and submit FBI clearance. First week in January mailed the document and receipt of online payment of fee. After over a month, sent an email last week to confirm receipt of documents. Received an email from Buffalo stating nothing was received. I am assuming it was lost in the mail. Received another FBI clearance document today and mailed overnight to Buffalo to arrive there tomorrow by noon. Just making our cutoff date in a few days.

How long do you think it will take to review this? The background check conducted stated that I had no criminal record. Do you think I can hope for a short review of this document or should I assume the worst? Let us assume everything is in order and my PR application gets approved. What should I expect the next steps to be?

Thanks for advice or maybe others have had similar circumstances?

thyreece

Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
AOR Received.
25-06-2012 approved 27-06-2012
File Transfer...
09-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012
Passport Req..
letter-30-08,recv 11-09, pp sent:13-09
VISA ISSUED...
DM-02-10
nayakae said:
hi, i would like to know of our chances to be approved, me and my husband just got married last Oct. 15, 2011. we are currently in the process of gathering documents as proof of our relationship. Me & my husband were classmates during our sophomore yr. in highschool, after we graduated yr.1997 we've not seen each other again, until we got reconnected after 14yrs. thru facebook dec. 2010, after chatting and updating, we fell inlove with each other & decided to be in a long-distance relationship end of Jan.2011, everyday chatting & also seeing each other thru skype, & also made our relationship known to our family and friends, knowing that we really love each other & realizing that we both want to settle down & have our own family we decided to get married jul. 2011 but we realized that the time was short for us to prepare for our wedding coz we want family & friends to celebrate with us, we moved it to Oct.15. he arrived Oct.2, from the time he arrived we went out & do the other things needed for our wedding, Oct. 5 we had our Pre-nuptial pictorial, and for the rest of the 2weeks before the day of our wedding had dinners with our God Parents and distributed our invitations to our family relatives and friends, and we also took a pre-marriage couseling/seminar conducted by our church because its a Christian wedding & its our church requirement as well. After the wedding some more dinners with family and relatives, then Oct.18-22 we went to Boracay for our Honeymoon, then when we came back from our honeymoon. we had more of family get-togethers from both of our families. Nov. 4,2011 he went back to canada and now we are fixing our papers. i would like to know of what you think of our chances? I miss him so much, 1month and 1week of being together is not even closer to being enough... i really want us to be together... hope you can help me and give me some encouragement. thanks! God bless us all!
almost we have same situation hows ur application? me too we just married last dec 8 and our love story is almost the same.

R

richa25

CharlieD10 said:
Unless you're expecting us to read your mind, or check our crystal balls, maybe you'd better tell us what visa office requested his passport, and then maybe we can make an educated guess.
New Delhi Visa office has requested the passport ..So i wanted to know..how long they take in issuing the visa after getting the passport.

P.S. I am new to this forum..so not use to this kind of posts but anyhow .. Thanks for being rude! :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
muffy1 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. Just wanted to state what was going on with our application....maybe I'm looking for some encouragement....who knows?

I'm a US citizen, hubbie is Canadian. We filed outland. Applications received in Mississauga in October 2011, sponsorship approved December. Late December, received a letter from Buffalo stating we needed to pay ROPR fee and submit FBI clearance. First week in January mailed the document and receipt of online payment of fee. After over a month, sent an email last week to confirm receipt of documents. Received an email from Buffalo stating nothing was received. I am assuming it was lost in the mail. Received another FBI clearance document today and mailed overnight to Buffalo to arrive there tomorrow by noon. Just making our cutoff date in a few days.

How long do you think it will take to review this? The background check conducted stated that I had no criminal record. Do you think I can hope for a short review of this document or should I assume the worst? Let us assume everything is in order and my PR application gets approved. What should I expect the next steps to be?

Thanks for advice or maybe others have had similar circumstances?
At the point they are asking for these documents, the processing is generally pretty much complete. With a clean FBI clearance and proof that you paid the right of permanent residence fee, it shouldn't take more than a couple of months for them to re-examine your file.

My best guess is that those documents you sent earlier will turn up as well (I wouldn't sen anything to them via regular mail. On the other hand I recently sent something via FedEx to a visa office and I had the visa officer's response to it within three days. So, they CAN process things quickly.) But generally, it takes them 4-6 weeks to get back to looking at files that have new material in cases like this.

Of course, there's NO guarantees in this business. But you should be fine, especially since you have tracking information for it.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
richa25 said:
New Delhi Visa office has requested the passport ..So i wanted to know..how long they take in issuing the visa after getting the passport.

P.S. I am new to this forum..so not use to this kind of posts but anyhow .. Thanks for being rude! :)
I didn't think the response was rude. Perhaps terse, and certainly trying to be humourous, but anytime one answers the same question dozens of times in a forum there is a tendency to get a bit weary of it.

As I recall, the issue with India is that passports cannot be mailed:

Except that is illegal to mail/courier passports in/out of India. They usually have to be hand carried by a person with an authorization from the holder.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sending-indian-passport-to-new-delhi-while-staying-in-canada-t35754.0.html

And it looks like this topic has been discussed on the forum previously, so you may find more from searching.

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
richa25 said:

hi richa there is one thread for applicants of new delhi, you can join that thread. and here is spreadsheet for new delhi applicants you can figure out your waiting time from there.
best of luck :)

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
computergeek said:
I didn't think the response was rude. Perhaps terse, and certainly trying to be humourous, but anytime one answers the same question dozens of times in a forum there is a tendency to get a bit weary of it.

As I recall, the issue with India is that passports cannot be mailed:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sending-indian-passport-to-new-delhi-while-staying-in-canada-t35754.0.html

And it looks like this topic has been discussed on the forum previously, so you may find more from searching.
i let the new people answer

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
Hi all:

I found out that the Canadian Visa Office in Singapore has started to process the PR for my wife on Feb 05, 2012.

Thank you

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: 27-Sep-2011
App. Processed...: 08-Dec-2011
Med's Received....: 27-Sep-2011
PR status........: In Process
PR process.......: 05-Feb-2012
Interview........: ?
Passport Req..: ?
VISA ISSUED...: ?
LANDED..........: ?

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
ashunandal said:
We are also in the same situation. We put the reference letters from family in the applicant's package only. I think we should have also included a copy of those letters in the sponsor's application and I would advise you to do that. I also would like to know whether they look at both parts of the application. All other evidence such as communication and airline tickets should be in the applicant's part. We also included our marriage certificate in both parts.
good luck!
Thanks ashunandal! : )))

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
mzfar said:
@ charile

No but I had asked CIC agents and they advised to attach everything in loose leafs with no metal or staple attachments whatsoever. Not even in a binder or files... I personally just put everything in order and made a title page/index and made sure the index followed the order of the applications so that not even a fly can miss anything in a big envelope.

Got my approval 2 and half months ish..
Sorry to quote a week-old post.

But this is the kind of thing that just infuriates me (not you! I mean CIC). I've been through the guides countless times and this^ issue isn't mentioned at all, and we're just supposed to magically know this kind of thing.

It's so ridiculous that we have to rely on basically anecdotal info from people who've been through the process to actually know how to get this all done. It blows my mind.

So what I am going to ask of others here is this... has anybody submitted forms that were stapled, and did this cause any problems for them? My application isn't submitted yet but it is in Canada with my husband. I could surely ask him to remove all the staples but I am absolutely not going to ask that of him if it's not essential.

C

Canada-India

We stapled everything together when we sent ours in that was back in October 2010 and our most recent update January 2012 us also stapled. Since the Guide does not state whether to staple or not I am sure that this is not a big issue. If you are just ready to submit your file you will see in time that stapling documents will be the least of worries. Just make sure that you submit to them everything but the kitchen sink and you should be fine.

shamsuannahr

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
30-05-2012
Med's Request
23-06-2013
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
12-05-2013
Hi again,

I was hoping to submit our application next week (March 1), but my educational amounts for the 2011 tax year still haven't been posted by my university yet. I have a copy of my Option C Printout for 2010, but not 2011. If I want it for 2011, I have to wait til my university posts the amounts, file my return, wait for it to be assessed (I think?), and then request the Option C Printout for 2011. I have the feeling this could add another 2 or 3 weeks or so in March (maybe more) until I can submit our app. My question is, can I go ahead and submit without the Option C Printout for 2011 (but including the 2010 Printout), for the sake of getting my app filed asap? Or do you think it would be safest to wait to get the new Printout? I'm currently employed and we have no dependents, so I don't think they're likely to reject me for financial reasons.

Thanks!

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
shamsuannahr said:
Hi again,

I was hoping to submit our application next week (March 1), but my educational amounts for the 2011 tax year still haven't been posted by my university yet. I have a copy of my Option C Printout for 2010, but not 2011. If I want it for 2011, I have to wait til my university posts the amounts, file my return, wait for it to be assessed (I think?), and then request the Option C Printout for 2011. I have the feeling this could add another 2 or 3 weeks or so in March (maybe more) until I can submit our app. My question is, can I go ahead and submit without the Option C Printout for 2011 (but including the 2010 Printout), for the sake of getting my app filed asap? Or do you think it would be safest to wait to get the new Printout? I'm currently employed and we have no dependents, so I don't think they're likely to reject me for financial reasons.

Thanks!
i think you dont need to wait for 2011 taxes and option-c. its more than enough that you have option-c for 2010 and job also. we applied without option-c (didnt file taxes for last 2 years) and no job.
best of luck

Sharp2000

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
IELTS Request
sent with complete documents
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
hi leone

i was preparing documents to include my wife in my processing but recently NDVO called me for personal interview on thirrd week of March. now what can i do to include my wife?? can i include her after i get my application approved?? or can i take her together with me for interview carrying all required documents?? please help me with your expert advice..

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
Deficient said:
Sorry to quote a week-old post.

But this is the kind of thing that just infuriates me (not you! I mean CIC). I've been through the guides countless times and this^ issue isn't mentioned at all, and we're just supposed to magically know this kind of thing.

It's so ridiculous that we have to rely on basically anecdotal info from people who've been through the process to actually know how to get this all done. It blows my mind.

So what I am going to ask of others here is this... has anybody submitted forms that were stapled, and did this cause any problems for them? My application isn't submitted yet but it is in Canada with my husband. I could surely ask him to remove all the staples but I am absolutely not going to ask that of him if it's not essential.
Hi, it's true that no where on the guidelines stated that forms must not be stapled or other insane request... etc. But once you were able to talk to anyone from visa office (like mine in Manila Visa Office), they will give you that instruction to make there work easy for them. Just use paper clips (small and big ones) for the forms and the black bulldog clips for the pictures. I believe majority of the members here new or old did this to their application. There is no harm I guess if we follow what the highness (immigration officers) wants :)