+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Police clearance certificate?express entry

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
I am an Indian citizen living in USA and have applied for PCC to Houston Embassy. In India, I am from Mumbai. Any idea how long do they take to send me one? My passport has been stuck at the embassy due to this. :mad:

Thanks Peeps and good luck to all.

amverma

Sep 15, 2016
Hello Experts, Stanley, rajkamal.

Thanks for all ur informative comments.
I have received SINP nomination & awaiting ITA.
As I am preparing for my application, I have a Q around PCC as I am preparing for my eAPR
I lived in Germany from 2005 to 2009, for which I already have the PCC from 2013 for above period.

However, I had to visit Finland few times times for business reasons on Schengen visa issued by Finland and at 2 instances (each for <1 week duration), my flight itinerary to Finland was with Lufthansa Airlines which connects to final destination via Germany.
As for Schengen country the port of entry on passport is stamped at the first schengen state entered irrespective of the final destination, my passport was stamped with Immigration stamp of Germany although my final destination was finland.
I have proofs of my connecting flights and did not live in Germany at all after 2009.

I am of view that I do not need a fresh PCC for Germany but wanted to confirm my understanding with you as I dont was to make a mistake in CIC application.

Also, will such a doubt arise at all, if I dont declare Germany in the travel history? I was wondering if CIC asks all filled passport pages they may get a doubt on why Germany immigration entries are there
Do you think LoE shall be enough?

Thanks
Amar

sammy1976

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-216
Doc's Request.
Schedule A, 17/sep/2016
Nomination.....
N / A
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with File
File Transfer...
31-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront / 30-08-2016
Med's Done....
16-09-2016 / Passed
Interview........
not needed yet
Passport Req..
Dec 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 9, 2017
LANDED..........
INLAND
Donald Trump said:
Hello All,
I am an Indian citizen living in USA and have applied for PCC to Houston Embassy. In India, I am from Mumbai. Any idea how long do they take to send me one? My passport has been stuck at the embassy due to this. :mad:

Thanks Peeps and good luck to all.
before 10 business days you will get your pcc

zionite

Mar 30, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-03-2017
sushsmart15 said:
PCC is required for a country if an applicant has stayed in a country for 6 months or more in total, not necessarily in a row.
Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. You must get one from each country or territory where you have spent six or more months since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
amverma said:

As I am preparing for my application, I have a Q around PCC as I am preparing for my eAPR
I lived in Germany from 2005 to 2009, for which I already have the PCC from 2013 for above period.

However, I had to visit Finland few times times for business reasons on Schengen visa issued by Finland and at 2 instances (each for <1 week duration), my flight itinerary to Finland was with Lufthansa Airlines which connects to final destination via Germany.
As for Schengen country the port of entry on passport is stamped at the first schengen state entered irrespective of the final destination, my passport was stamped with Immigration stamp of Germany although my final destination was finland.
I have proofs of my connecting flights and did not live in Germany at all after 2009.

I am of view that I do not need a fresh PCC for Germany but wanted to confirm my understanding with you as I dont was to make a mistake in CIC application.

Also, will such a doubt arise at all, if I dont declare Germany in the travel history? I was wondering if CIC asks all filled passport pages they may get a doubt on why Germany immigration entries are there

Thanks
Amar
In my opinion, you do not need a fresh police certificate from Germany. For the passport stamping, you can explain it in an LOE.

Yes, as part of the documents that needs to be submitted as eAPR, you need to submit bio pages of your passport and all pages which has stamping or any markings in it. In the Travel History you only need to mention the travel to Finland and not the transit in Germany. You can explain the German stamping in your passport in the LOE and also attach the copies of the proofs that you are referring to.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
amverma said:

Thanks
Amar
Stanlee said:
In my opinion, you do not need a fresh police certificate from Germany. For the passport stamping, you can explain it in an LOE.

Yes, as part of the documents that needs to be submitted as eAPR, you need to submit bio pages of your passport and all pages which has stamping or any markings in it. In the Travel History you only need to mention the travel to Finland and not the transit in Germany. You can explain the German stamping in your passport in the LOE and also attach the copies of the proofs that you are referring to.
I agree - if you were just transiting via Germany, you wouldn't require a fresh PCC IMO. Submit a LOE along with your application explaining the situation.

rahuldokwal

May 31, 2016
Hi All,

I need help in understanding the PCC. I am from India and currently I am in US. I know I need to get the PCC from India as well but I am planning to visit India in last week of October (next month) for 1-2 weeks. Do I need to get PCC after coming from there (back to US) or should I get it now from Indian Embassy here in USA or can I get it during my VISIT in India from Indian local Police department.

Also if anyone knows about the timeline to get PCC from Indian Embassy here in USA will be helpful.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahuldokwal said:
Hi All,

I need help in understanding the PCC. I am from India and currently I am in US. I know I need to get the PCC from India as well but I am planning to visit India in last week of October (next month) for 1-2 weeks. Do I need to get PCC after coming from there (back to US) or should I get it now from Indian Embassy here in USA or can I get it during my VISIT in India from Indian local Police department.

Also if anyone knows about the timeline to get PCC from Indian Embassy here in USA will be helpful.

Thanks a lot for your help.
apply through indian embassy. that's the procedure mentioned in cic website. it took a week for me to get it from Houston embassy.

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys

Lived in Ireland for 1 one year in 2009, I got PCC in June 2015. The police certificate is over 1 year old and it contains my previous address. Should i reapply for a new PCC? Received ITA last week.

Thanks!

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonnemacher said:
Hey guys

Lived in Ireland for 1 one year in 2009, I got PCC in June 2015. The police certificate is over 1 year old and it contains my previous address. Should i reapply for a new PCC? Received ITA last week.

Thanks!
As i understand for a country that you no longer live, there is no expiration date. What address?

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IgnacioValls said:
As i understand for a country that you no longer live, there is no expiration date. What address?
Thanks!

Sorry for not being a bit clearer, the Irish PCC includes my home address. I moved out of that place short after I received the letter, so the PCC has my old address.

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nonnemacher said:
Thanks!

Sorry for not being a bit clearer, the Irish PCC includes my home address. I moved out of that place short after I received the letter, so the PCC has my old address.
Oh i see, well no idea about that, let's see if someone can help.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
kbhav said:
Hello friends,
can anyone tell me the validity for PCC(India)?
The PCC issued by your current country of residence is considered valid for 6 months by IRCC from the date of issue (irrespective of the country/"actual" validity of PCC). PCCs issued from countries you have visited in the past is valid indefinitely as long as it was issued after your last departure from that country.

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
PCCs issued from countries you have visited in the past is valid indefinitely as long as it was issued after your last departure from that country.
How about if was issued on the last time visit the country? (Went there to get the PCC, so that week applying for it is not included in the PCC)