+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP Application Form

Neetz

Feb 17, 2015
JoyceM said:
Hi everyone, is there a need to include birth certificate of dependents? I dont see it on the checklist but just want to make sure...hope someone can respond to this...thanks!!
No Joyce, dependent birth certificate of dependents aren't required.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoyceM said:
Hi everyone, is there a need to include birth certificate of dependents? I dont see it on the checklist but just want to make sure...hope someone can respond to this...thanks!!
Hi Joyce,

We saw one application returned the past week because they didn't include their Marriage Certificate (which is also not mentioned in the checklist).
If I were you, I'd include the birth certificates of my dependents.
This is just my opinion - I'm usually very cautious, so I'd rather send more than they've asked for than take a chance of having my application returned for something as small as that.

chokak

Jun 16, 2015
Hello all,

Does anybody know what happens after you apply to OOPNP (OINP)? Do they notify an applicant once they start processing the application? or the only thing one could do is just wait for a piece of news regarding the application for 90 days (90 days mentioned in the application guide, section 7)?..
There's a phrase in the application guide:
You will receive an acknowledgement letter from OINP to indicate that your application has been received if your application is complete.

I've sent my application package in the beginning of July but never received any acknowledgement letter so far...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
chokak said:
Hello all,

Does anybody know what happens after you apply to OOPNP (OINP)? Do they notify an applicant once they start processing the application? or the only thing one could do is just wait for a piece of news regarding the application for 90 days (90 days mentioned in the application guide, section 7)?..
There's a phrase in the application guide:
You will receive an acknowledgement letter from OINP to indicate that your application has been received if your application is complete.

I've sent my application package in the beginning of July but never received any acknowledgement letter so far...
That's normal, if you check the other OINP related threads and the spreadsheet, only late June applicants have had their payments encashed, let alone received their file numbers.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
That's normal, if you check the other OINP related threads and the spreadsheet, only late June applicants have had their payments encashed, let alone received their file numbers.
make that mid june for most cases.

swashbuckler

Nov 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sorry if you guys have already replied to this question but i want some help in filling my express entry profile which is already filled but i am confused on the education section.

I have completed degree from india and i have ECA from WES. I have done 2 yr diploma in Canada too so while i give my education details should i give bachelors or 2 or more certificate with one more than 3 yrs?

if so i don't need oopnp and it will boost my score to 450

Please let me know.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
swashbuckler said:
I am sorry if you guys have already replied to this question but i want some help in filling my express entry profile which is already filled but i am confused on the education section.

I have completed degree from india and i have ECA from WES. I have done 2 yr diploma in Canada too so while i give my education details should i give bachelors or 2 or more certificate with one more than 3 yrs?

if so i don't need oopnp and it will boost my score to 450

Please let me know.
Cannot comment on it until you give complete details.
What did your ECA state as Canadian equivalency for your Indian degree, did it say bachelors degree?..what was your Indian degree in the first place?
this thread is perhaps not the right place for this question. :)

swashbuckler

Nov 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My ECA is for bachelors degree from India. It is return as 4yrs bachelors degree

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
swashbuckler said:
My ECA is for bachelors degree from India. It is return as 4yrs bachelors degree
In that case you can comfortably choose the option "two or more post-secondary degrees.."
All the best

AirCanada21

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Do you have an estimate timeline for OINP? After you submit the docs, how long will it take Ontario to nominate you?
I am deciding if I will retake my IELTS as it will expire in 9 months. Thanks

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AirCanada21 said:
Hi guys,

Do you have an estimate timeline for OINP? After you submit the docs, how long will it take Ontario to nominate you?
I am deciding if I will retake my IELTS as it will expire in 9 months. Thanks
The application guide mentions that OINP will process 80% cases within 90 calendar days.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
bellaluna said:
To those who only visited Ontario as a tourist (not for work or study), how did you prove your ties?
Proving ties in Ontario is not mandatory for OINP program (atleast under the human capitals stream FSW)
You can still just mention your interest in the city of Ontario in the letter or statement of interest that you have to include with the application. And state in that how and when you visited Ontario and for how long, and why you would like to settle there permanently.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Sita1987 said:
Proving ties in Ontario is not mandatory for OINP program (atleast under the human capitals stream FSW)
You can still just mention your interest in the city of Ontario in the letter or statement of interest that you have to include with the application. And state in that how and when you visited Ontario and for how long, and why you would like to settle there permanently.
I'm aware it's not mandatory. I'm just a FSW-category applicant, but I still believe the more ties I can prove, the better. It actually backfired on me at first because OINP returned my application when I included only my TRV. They asked for the entire passport where the TRV was stamped, even if it was 10 years old.

I'm asking because there's nothing specific in the application guide about how to prove previous visits. I already resubmitted the application with the entire old passport, TRV, and plane tickets landing and departing Ontario. My visit was to meet my relative there, whose docs I also submitted as ties.

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
I am the primary applicant, do I need to provide work experience letters for my wife? With the complete details in prescribed format - roles & responsibilities, designation, annual salary etc. Or is this just required for primary applicant?