+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
That was some quick timeline. Infact, I was surprised when I got approved last week as I wasn't expecting so soon. Very curious how did you do your USA site interview. I tried finding articles and wasn't successful.
• Did you go into the NEXUS dedicated area to do your US interview

Thanks
Hello! I was surprised too since I read some threads on the forum and tons of ppl got it in less or more than 1 year, even 2 years after applying. I think they are now expediting the process due to some backlogs.

For US site interview, after entering US via pre-clearance at YYZ airport, there is a dedicated area for NEXUS interview waiting area right there. You will need to take a number (which I didn't need since I was in T3), and wait in there before being called from one of the officer who needs to clear the line for entering US first. They will do the interview if they think it's not busy. So please plan ahead if you choose to do 2 steps interview at the airport.

My flight was at 1.30PM. I went there at around 9AM for check-in at 9.30AM, and passed the immigration using MPC app which can super expedite your immigration wait time by 1-2 mins. I have been done interview and photo taken as well as finger prints by 10 something AM. I was lucky to do the interview in 15 mins wait. I expected to receive the approval email in the waiting lounge but actually CBP has changed the game rule to give send you approval letter 10 days after (for my case). Border interview should be faster.

All the experiences I got was by reading on reddit. They have real-world cases so you can go there and seek for the answer as well.

Hope this helps you to prepare for your upcoming interview(s), and congrats to your quick approval process. If you have any questions, you can let me know.

Reactions: hssrp

jvpereira

Jul 21, 2024
Hello! I was surprised too since I read some threads on the forum and tons of ppl got it in less or more than 1 year, even 2 years after applying. I think they are now expediting the process due to some backlogs.

For US site interview, after entering US via pre-clearance at YYZ airport, there is a dedicated area for NEXUS interview waiting area right there. You will need to take a number (which I didn't need since I was in T3), and wait in there before being called from one of the officer who needs to clear the line for entering US first. They will do the interview if they think it's not busy. So please plan ahead if you choose to do 2 steps interview at the airport.

My flight was at 1.30PM. I went there at around 9AM for check-in at 9.30AM, and passed the immigration using MPC app which can super expedite your immigration wait time by 1-2 mins. I have been done interview and photo taken as well as finger prints by 10 something AM. I was lucky to do the interview in 15 mins wait. I expected to receive the approval email in the waiting lounge but actually CBP has changed the game rule to give send you approval letter 10 days after (for my case). Border interview should be faster.

All the experiences I got was by reading on reddit. They have real-world cases so you can go there and seek for the answer as well.

Hope this helps you to prepare for your upcoming interview(s), and congrats to your quick approval process. If you have any questions, you can let me know.
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. Greatly appreciate your time in responding ...

Reactions: taojinmeng

Horus_88

Oct 28, 2017
Hi all,

Family application timeline (2 adults + child)
All applied for Nexus in March 2023
1 Adult got conditional approval in March 2024
The second adult got the conditional approval in May 2024
Both adults are scheduled for July 2024 interview in Fort-Erie, ON.

Just now checked the child's profile to see it is conditionally approved as well (no email was sent so not sure when was it approved)
Tried to schedule her for same location (Fort Erie) but no appts available - they are not taking appts at the moment. so I scheduled her for Lansdowne ON in September.

I am now wondering, will they accept to have the child's "interview" completed with us in Fort Erie in July instead of having to go to Lansdowne or reschedule for Fort Erie? Are they that strict? She is just a toddler.

Appreciate your thoughts.

I did - nothing is there

Strange! For my daughter's - the notification section is empty

Same question I have here. My daughter's application took the longest time out of the family (she is 2) :D
Update to my "journey" with the Nexus application
My appt was yesterday at the Fort-Erie - Buffalo EC . The appts were for me and my wife, hoping they will allow my daughter as well (she is approved but there was no appt time available when she got approved)
Arrived on time but unfortunately the officer at the entrance mentioned it is highly unlikely that the US side will allow my 2-year old and unfortunately, that was the case.
Other than my wife (Singaporean) having to get an i94 after going to the US Nexus office, everything was ok but it took us around 3 hrs from appointment time to finish.

I am now looking to schedule another appt for my daughter.

Last edited:

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Got my CBSA interview appointment scheduled for next Tuesday at the Toronto Airport and then CBP interview on the way back.

I will be carrying the following documents:
1. Canadian Passport
2. Driver's License
3. Visa Document
4. Conditional Approval Email
5. Appointment Confirmation Email

Am I missing anything?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Got my CBSA interview appointment scheduled for next Tuesday at the Toronto Airport and then CBP interview on the way back.

I will be carrying the following documents:
1. Canadian Passport
2. Driver's License
3. Visa Document
4. Conditional Approval Email
5. Appointment Confirmation Email

Am I missing anything?
you should be good with the above..

just don't go there like a Zombie though ;)

• Haha
Reactions: hssrp and z0mbie

VimalSagar

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Hi All,

just a quick question here I applied on March 03, 2024 along with my spouse & son at same day & 5 mins difference of submitting each application.

my spouse got approval end of June 2024, meaning its been almost a month & I still dont see any movement on my account as well as my son.

does this kind of situation have face or seen anyone here?

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Question: I've got my Nexus card as a Canadian PR but not a citizen. Now that I've got my oath done, what do I do next besides visiting a CBP office to update my citizenship?
In particular, Canadian PRs don't get TSA pre-checks. Is it possible to get that included to Nexus once I update my citizenship at a CBP office?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Question: I've got my Nexus card as a Canadian PR but not a citizen. Now that I've got my oath done, what do I do next besides visiting a CBP office to update my citizenship?
In particular, Canadian PRs don't get TSA pre-checks. Is it possible to get that included to Nexus once I update my citizenship at a CBP office?
Yes, go to a NEXUS office/ enrollment centre on the Canadian side to update your immigration status (take your new Canadian passport)

“Passport and citizenship updates as well as a change in residency that could affect your eligibility for NEXUS must be made in person, by visiting an enrolment centre.”

You’ll need to do the same for USCBP (easiest before your next flight to the US)

As a Canadian citizen, your NEXUS will afford you TSA Pre-check for flights back from the US.

Jay145678

Apr 21, 2022
My application was conditionally approved last week. I am trying to schedule an appointment but have found no slots in either Blaine WA or YVR. I live in Vancouver and don't want to schedule an appointment for East Coast or other locations.

Do you have any tips on how to find a slot in Blaine WA or YVR? Thanks in advance for the help.

misuna

Sep 30, 2023
My application was conditionally approved last week. I am trying to schedule an appointment but have found no slots in either Blaine WA or YVR. I live in Vancouver and don't want to schedule an appointment for East Coast or other locations.

Do you have any tips on how to find a slot in Blaine WA or YVR? Thanks in advance for the help.
There's a twitter bot that notifies you when there's an appointment: https://twitter.com/nexusbot_blaine + there's a website that also notifies you. The text version is paid but the browser version is free: https://www.ttptracker.com/

Reactions: Horus_88

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
I got conditional approval. Has anyone tried showing up to the airport or The land border without appointment and try for slow for a no show or cancellation?

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Can somebody here please share their experiences with Canadian and US portion of interview. Happy to discuss in a private chat. My interview is on 7th Aug and Im anxious

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Can somebody here please share their experiences with Canadian and US portion of interview. Happy to discuss in a private chat. My interview is on 7th Aug and Im anxious
It is standard questioning on both sides:
  • What do you do for work?
  • Why do you need NEXUS?
  • How often do you travel (to the US)?
  • Do you still live at your address?
  • Status in Canada.