Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
It is standard questioning on both sides:
  • What do you do for work?
  • Why do you need NEXUS?
  • How often do you travel (to the US)?
  • Do you still live at your address?
  • Status in Canada.
I got mine in 2014 and it seems these were the same questions back then plus finger prints were done.

Horus_88

Oct 28, 2017
I have done my interview with CBP last week at YYZ airport but I have not received any approval email from them yet while they said I'm expecting to get it in 24-48 hours after interview. The portal is still showing Conditionally Approved. Not sure if anyone in the same situation? I think due to the faster process of NEXUS recently so might expect some delays?
I was searching this thread to see if someone having this issue. What was the update on your situation?
Me and my wife had the interview late July, she just received her card today while in my portal it looks like I did not have the interview yet! - so strange.

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I was searching this thread to see if someone having this issue. What was the update on your situation?
Me and my wife had the interview late July, she just received her card today while in my portal it looks like I did not have the interview yet! - so strange.
I interviewed earlier July but 10 calendar days after I received Approval on portal (I did call them but left the voicemail explained my situation). 1 week after Approval notice, I got the card.
Maybe you would need to wait for the Approval on the portal then they can process to print your card.

The officer mentioned during interview at CPB Pre-clearance that he would need to retrieve the infor from FBI so it took a bit time. I think due to the faster process and the system is dealing with huge applications so we should expect some delays. I even got Conditional Approval notification after I got my card lol.

Be patience, you will get your card soon!

Horus_88

Oct 28, 2017
I interviewed earlier July but 10 calendar days after I received Approval on portal (I did call them but left the voicemail explained my situation). 1 week after Approval notice, I got the card.
Maybe you would need to wait for the Approval on the portal then they can process to print your card.

The officer mentioned during interview at CPB Pre-clearance that he would need to retrieve the infor from FBI so it took a bit time. I think due to the faster process and the system is dealing with huge applications so we should expect some delays. I even got Conditional Approval notification after I got my card lol.

Be patience, you will get your card soon!
thanks a lot for your input. Yes, will just be patient for now :)

Jay145678

Apr 21, 2022
I live in Vancouver. I have been trying to book an interview appointment for months but have found no slots in either Blaine WA or YVR. Now Blaine is saying it's all booked till Dec 31st. YVR has never shown me a single available date no matter how far I go in the scheduler. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Let me know if that's the case.

Btw, I see dates in Toronto. Can I do a split interview there? pick a date in Toronto Pearson Airport to do the Canadian interview and then on a later date fly to NYC and do the US part before that flight.

Thanks.

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I live in Vancouver. I have been trying to book an interview appointment for months but have found no slots in either Blaine WA or YVR. Now Blaine is saying it's all booked till Dec 31st. YVR has never shown me a single available date no matter how far I go in the scheduler. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Let me know if that's the case.

Btw, I see dates in Toronto. Can I do a split interview there? pick a date in Toronto Pearson Airport to do the Canadian interview and then on a later date fly to NYC and do the US part before that flight.

Thanks.
Definitely!

Reactions: Jay145678

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Sometimes other people don't even answer the question lol...

And yeah, it means the appointments are only x months into the future.
Now the appointments at Blaine says its full through Dec 31, 2024, but again no option to chose a date beyond that. Has anyone tried reserving at the Nexus Enrolment Center in Blaine? Any tricks on when I should look to register?
Or is it just better to do it in airport in Vancouver?

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Now the appointments at Blaine says its full through Dec 31, 2024, but again no option to chose a date beyond that. Has anyone tried reserving at the Nexus Enrolment Center in Blaine? Any tricks on when I should look to register?
Or is it just better to do it in airport in Vancouver?
No idea (if you are quoting my reply).
I did mine in Niagara Falls, NY.

arthurpono

Jan 6, 2020
Does anyone know if I can book an interview at Pearson for the CBSA part if I am not flying?
Is the interview done before security?
Can I do the CBP interview before I do the CBSA interview or not?

Thank you!

Last edited:

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013

Thanks.
I am in the same boat. Would prefer to do it in Blaine, but it says booked up till Dec 31st. Let me know what you find out

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
On their site it mentions if you start at the airport you finish at the airport. I do not think it says same airport you started.
I understand it can be in different airports. But it seems that the US side of the interview can happen only when you are flying to the US, but we dont have any plans to fly in the forthcoming future. We typically drive down to Seattle and cross land border, thats why we need Nexus. So preference is to do it in Nexus enrolment center in Blaine, WA. Want to hear from those who have succeeded in getting appointment there, and how they managed to get it scheduled

arthurpono

Jan 6, 2020
I understand it can be in different airports. But it seems that the US side of the interview can happen only when you are flying to the US, but we dont have any plans to fly in the forthcoming future. We typically drive down to Seattle and cross land border, thats why we need Nexus. So preference is to do it in Nexus enrolment center in Blaine, WA. Want to hear from those who have succeeded in getting appointment there, and how they managed to get it scheduled
Use this bot for the appointments

https://x.com/nexusbot_blaine

Reactions: fswaspirant

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Got a chance to update the Nexus card with the Canadian passport. Previously I didn't see TSAprecheck included, but then the officers linked my files and TSAprecheck is now included.