+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Friends-mine is conditionally approved for my whole family now. About the interview
If i do YYZ, then i can only do the canadian interview? for the USA interview, i have to fly to USA correct?

If i do Land border interview , i can do both on the same day? Can someone give a clear picture on the current process?

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Family of 4 with 2 kids
3 of us managed to get appointment on September 5 th at Buffalo-Ft. Erie Enrollment Center

But for my second son, we got appointment on Sep 19th same location.

Will they allow my son also on Sep 5th if I go to Buffalo-Ft. Erie Enrollment Center?

can anyone provide your experience ?

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hello Everyone, so me and my wife recently got our Canadian Passports and are planning to apply for the Nexus. We have not yet surrendered our Indian Passport, so in the Nexus application should we include both the passports or just the Candian Passport?

citi4raj

Champion Member
Oct 30, 2018
Brampton
Hello Everyone, so me and my wife recently got our Canadian Passports and are planning to apply for the Nexus. We have not yet surrendered our Indian Passport, so in the Nexus application should we include both the passports or just the Candian Passport?
surrender it and then apply for nexus. Having more passports gives more complexity in background. thats my opinion as anyways you have to surrender indian passport soon.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Canadian only
Once you acquire foreign citizenship your Indian citizenship is no longer valid.
You to have to just formally submit your Indian passport for cancellation

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
You can include Indian passport as long as it has a valid USA visa in it, to prove your right to enter USA. But it is not recommended since whenever you wanna go to USA and back to CND, you would need your Canadian passport to enter (since the PR is no longer valid). Your membership card is also printed Canadian as nationality to be better passing both borders.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
I did my NEXUS Interview at YYZ yesterday. Flew in to Toronto and completed the first part with CBSA (Terminal 1). Though my CBSA appointment was at 3.45PM, I went in an hour early and decided to wait in the office. They called me right away and 5mins later, I was done with my interview. CBSA officer advised me to go for the US interview right away (at 3PM) for my return flight which was at 7.15PM and in hindsight, he was right. Not sure how it is for Terminal 1 but I was flying delta which operates from YYZ Terminal 3. Security and immigration done by 4.30PM. For Nexus, there is a waiting area and you have to wait there after taking a number. I waited for almost 2 hours and was called for interview at 6.15PM. Fortunately, my flight was at 7.15PM and was able to wait but there were few other folks who had an earlier flight and had to leave without completing the interview.

Terminal 3 recommended hours on CBP website are from 5.30PM to 7.30PM but my observation was that CBP does not have any fixed hours. They were all busy trying to process the normal immigration line and when it was down to less than 10 people, they started the Nexus interviews. Also, only 1 CBP agent does the interviews and so account for the extra delay (10mins/person) if you have others waiting in line ahead of you.

Hope this helps other who are planning to do "Enrollment on Arrival" or Preclearance area interview. Make sure you have at least 3-4 hours for waiting plus another 1.5 hours for security and immigration.

Haven't seen the approval email or online status change yet. Hopefully, should see see something in the next couple of days.

Reactions: EU_2010 and hssrp

EU_2010

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
01**
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
n/a
LANDED..........
landed Mar 2014
Hi, just wanted to share how the update of citizenship works for the Nexus card. My Nexus was previously connected to my Canadian PR card and my other passport. Going online, it did not look like I was able to add another citizenship, so I went to Pearson airport and did a walk-in on a Saturday afternoon. Waiting time was very reasonable. The officer took copies of my passport and explained that they leave a stash of those in an box. Every couple of days, an officer from the US side comes and takes them, and updates the respective profiles. I am not sure how fast it was done, but when I checked my online profile about a week later, my Canadian passport had already been added. As he had instructed me, I clicked the button to "order replacement card" and as a reason, ticked "change of citizenship". The fee was 25$. I can see online that the request was approved but I now have to wait for the physical card to arrive. My current card references my other citizenship and I can no longer use this as I would use my Canadian passport to enter Canada or the US on any future trip. I am going to the US in about a month, and will then use Mobile Passport Control assuming that my NEXUS card likely will not have arrived so quickly.