+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
@abbas.pasha : If I need to update my US Work permit(L1/H1/TN1) status on Nexus card, can I just walkin to any NEXUS enrolment center for the status to be updated. This update is required as other wise, I will be entered as Canadian Visitor if I use NEXUS card, which means I cannot work in US.

Any idea? As I dont have an option to schedule interview at NEXUS center now.

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Submitted 4 applications on Jan 23, 2024 (2 Canadian PR Adults and 2 Kids (a US citizen and a Canadian citizen)

Conditional approval 1: For both kids on May 7, 2024
Conditional approval 2: For both Adults on June 12, 2024

Appointment scheduled at Blaine enrollment center end of November (no earlier appointments available for all 4 of us on the same day).

I have also submitted my Canadian citizenship application last month. I read in multiple places that if there's a citizenship change between nexus application date and interview date, we just have to let them to know at the interview and show our new Canadian passport. I hope that's still the case. Any first hand experiences?

In case we don't hear anything about our citizenship application before the nexus interview in November, should I just go to the interview as a Canadian PR and wait until I get my Nexus card and become a Canadian citizen to update citizenship? If that's the case, should we book a separate appointment at the enrollment center again in the future to update citizenship?
You can do it if you have not heard anything from Canadian Citizenship by that time. Just simply go to any NEXUS enrollment center in any participation airport in Canada to update your application. Just bring your Canadian passport and an government ID to update it. No additional interview needed.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
@abbas.pasha : If I need to update my US Work permit(L1/H1/TN1) status on Nexus card, can I just walkin to any NEXUS enrolment center for the status to be updated. This update is required as other wise, I will be entered as Canadian Visitor if I use NEXUS card, which means I cannot work in US.

Any idea? As I dont have an option to schedule interview at NEXUS center now.
I dont have a clue to be honest, just found this info online
https://www.reddit.com/r/immigration/comments/yngc8s https://www.reddit.com/r/tnvisa/comments/1e04fkn

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
You can do it if you have not heard anything from Canadian Citizenship by that time. Just simply go to any NEXUS enrollment center in any participation airport in Canada to update your application. Just bring your Canadian passport and an government ID to update it. No additional interview needed.
So, an appointment isn't needed to update information such as citizenship and passport changes?

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
So, an appointment isn't needed to update information such as citizenship and passport changes?
you don’t need the appointment. Just drop by the centre anytime and tell them to update the information. If you can update your info after they approve your application on the portal, you can go there but maybe just for address or employment I guess.

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
you don’t need the appointment. Just drop by the centre anytime and tell them to update the information. If you can update your info after they approve your application on the portal, you can go there but maybe just for address or employment I guess.
Ok, thank you! I'm hoping my citizenship application gets approved before my Nexus appointment in November. Fingers crossed

Reactions: taojinmeng

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
if you had applied this month, it would be approved in maybe less than a week - a day also in some cases.
For earlier ones, its taking upto 18 months as per the website.
I applied in Jan, still waiting
Thanks. Ours got conditionally approved yesterday. We live in the greater Vancouver area. For interviews, I am looking for guidance - YVR or Blaine center? Where are appointments quicker

jvpereira

Jul 21, 2024
Nexus applied on February 11, 2024
Conditional approval on July 21, 2024

Trying to Schedule the earliest available appointment at Fort Erie Whirlpool locaiton, but there is no availablity at all - kept tyring until December 2025

What am I doing wrong?

JP

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Same here. I am trying to schedule in Blaine, but it doesnt show the option to Book appointment. Just says that its full through Nov 30. Does it mean we can book appointments only x months into the future?

jvpereira

Jul 21, 2024
Same here. I am trying to schedule in Blaine, but it doesnt show the option to Book appointment. Just says that its full through Nov 30. Does it mean we can book appointments only x months into the future?
I have 2 trips to the US in the near future so I decided to take the Canadian interview at Toronto airport. The US Inspection will be done when I travel to the US. Ill go to the airport a few hours earlier so I dont get delayed. This would be better than doing the Interview at the Land border

Good luck.

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Sometimes other people don't even answer the question lol...

And yeah, it means the appointments are only x months into the future.

Reactions: fswaspirant

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Got my card to day in the mail.
Timeline as below:

Application applied: 08 Mar 2024
Conditionally approved: not sure but when I logged on 24 Jun 2024 the status has changed.
Canadian site interview: 25 Jun 2024
USA site interview: 02 Jul 2024 right before my flight to USA
Application changed to Approved: 12 Jul 2024
Activate Button: 16 Jul 2024
Card received: 23 Jul 2024 (Toronto ON)

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
Yeah usually the appointments open the first few days of the month for slots that are 4 months out. So, August 1st week you'll see slots for the month of December. It's very hard to get appointments before that even if there are cancellations as they vanish in a few seconds.

Reactions: hssrp

jvpereira

Jul 21, 2024
Got my card to day in the mail.
Timeline as below:

Application applied: 08 Mar 2024
Conditionally approved: not sure but when I logged on 24 Jun 2024 the status has changed.
Canadian site interview: 25 Jun 2024
USA site interview: 02 Jul 2024 right before my flight to USA
Application changed to Approved: 12 Jul 2024
Activate Button: 16 Jul 2024
Card received: 23 Jul 2024 (Toronto ON)
That was some quick timeline. Infact, I was surprised when I got approved last week as I wasn't expecting so soon. Very curious how did you do your USA site interview. I tried finding articles and wasn't successful.
• Did you go into the NEXUS dedicated area to do your US interview

Thanks