NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
UPDATE:
- 19-Jun-2024 : All 4 Applications [2 adults (Canada Citizen) and 2 kids (Dual Citizen of US & Canada) ] submitted.
- 05-Jul-2024: Except wife all other 3 applications status updated as 'Conditional Approved'..

Pretty fast, I was in relax mode considering 12-18 months waiting period.

Now waiting for wife conditional approval and then plan to schedule interview together.
I don't see option of Fort Erie/Buffalo option under "New York" state to book interview, only below options are coming but dates in Aug/Sept
  • Champlain (Champlain NEXUS and FAST)
  • Niagara Falls (Niagara Falls EC)
  • Niagara Falls (Niagara Falls Nexus Only)
  • Ogdensburg (Ogdensburg Enrollment Center)
Does the location shows based on interview dates availability? or any other parameter. Can you please help?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
UPDATE:
- 19-Jun-2024 : All 4 Applications [2 adults (Canada Citizen) and 2 kids (Dual Citizen of US & Canada) ] submitted.
- 05-Jul-2024: Except wife all other 3 applications status updated as 'Conditional Approved'..

Pretty fast, I was in relax mode considering 12-18 months waiting period.

Now waiting for wife conditional approval and then plan to schedule interview together.
I don't see option of Fort Erie/Buffalo option under "New York" state to book interview, only below options are coming but dates in Aug/Sept
  • Champlain (Champlain NEXUS and FAST)
  • Niagara Falls (Niagara Falls EC)
  • Niagara Falls (Niagara Falls Nexus Only)
  • Ogdensburg (Ogdensburg Enrollment Center)
Does the location shows based on interview dates availability? or any other parameter. Can you please help?
Search with appointment for 1 person at a time it should show multiple options

Reactions: Mum2Can

Horus_88

Oct 28, 2017
Are you already conditionally approved on the NEXUS dashboard? If so, the interview is just a final check on the document and criminal background questions.

I did mine in Blaine Washington. The Canadian officer was sitting next to the US officer. I talked to both of them one after another. I arrived like 1 hour early, but once my time was up they called me within a few minutes.
The interview took no more than 10 minutes.
I think it will take about 15-20 mins.. I think in your case you have to go to the US side and Canadian side
We did ours at Whirlpool Bridge where both CBSE and CBP officers were at the same enrollment center
It took us 10 mins on Canadian side and 10 mins on the US side. They had a specific desk for Nexus and there was no one except us.

When you reach the US border after Canadian interview, just tell them you are there for Nexus and they direct you. They also let the Nexus officer know you are coming.
That's perfect! Thanks guys!

Reactions: Rasha

SammySam94

Mar 27, 2024
Thanks, it helps.
One last question - in the interview do they ask and check for US visa (I had but it got expired), Can we attend this interview and get card approved without US Visa (Canadian PR)
Unfortunately, I don't think you will be allowed to cross the border without a valid U.S. non-immigrant visa even though you have a Canadian PR unless, your current passport is from one of the visa-exempt countries. This applies regardless of whether you travel by air or land. As per the current rules, if you want to do both interviews in the U.S. or choose to do them separately at the airport (for example, the U.S. interview will be in pre-clearance when you next board a flight to the U.S.), in both cases, you will need a valid U.S. visa.

Unless there are changes in the future where U.S. border officers return to the Canadian NEXUS enrollment centers, then you can attend both interviews in Canada. But I'm not holding my breath for that to happen anytime soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Horus_88

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I have done my interview with CBP last week at YYZ airport but I have not received any approval email from them yet while they said I'm expecting to get it in 24-48 hours after interview. The portal is still showing Conditionally Approved. Not sure if anyone in the same situation? I think due to the faster process of NEXUS recently so might expect some delays?

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Nexus Application (Family of 4).
Applied : 30-Nov-2023
Conditional Approval : 5-Jun-2024
Interview : 26-Jun-2024
Cards received for everyone : 10-Jul-2024

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
It's the right time to apply for Nexus. One of my friends applied for four family members and got conditionally approved the next day..... Amazing speed.

Of course, you might not get the interview schedule soon, but the processing is much faster now. As someone pointed out, it's like the citizenship application; all new applications are processed fast, and the older ones are waiting for approval.

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Just an update!

Got approval email after completing my interview with Pre-clearance US border on the 2nd, 10 days after. Waiting for my card to arrive now.

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello, we are family of 4 , applied in August 2023. It says "Pending Review" still . Whats the typical timeline from application to conditional approval?

mark56

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hello, we are family of 4 , applied in August 2023. It says "Pending Review" still . Whats the typical timeline from application to conditional approval?
if you had applied this month, it would be approved in maybe less than a week - a day also in some cases.
For earlier ones, its taking upto 18 months as per the website.
I applied in Jan, still waiting

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
My spouse got approval on June 1, 2024. 2 of the 3 applications are now done. Mine remains pending. It is a long wait. I hope I get approved soon.
Nexus Application (Family of 3).
Applied: 23-Oct-2023
Conditional Approval - 1 : 18-March-2024 (Kid)
Conditional Approval - 2 : 1-June-2024
Conditional Approval - 3 : 15-July-2024

Interview appointment booked at Lansdowne land border for September 12, 2024

Last edited:
Reactions: mark56

taojinmeng

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Does anyone have any ideas if after the "Activate Membership Card" button appears on the account page, how long does it take to have the card in the mail? Thank you!

Sidedmage3

Jun 26, 2024
Submitted 4 applications on Jan 23, 2024 (2 Canadian PR Adults and 2 Kids (a US citizen and a Canadian citizen)

Conditional approval 1: For both kids on May 7, 2024
Conditional approval 2: For both Adults on June 12, 2024

Appointment scheduled at Blaine enrollment center end of November (no earlier appointments available for all 4 of us on the same day).

I have also submitted my Canadian citizenship application last month. I read in multiple places that if there's a citizenship change between nexus application date and interview date, we just have to let them to know at the interview and show our new Canadian passport. I hope that's still the case. Any first hand experiences?

In case we don't hear anything about our citizenship application before the nexus interview in November, should I just go to the interview as a Canadian PR and wait until I get my Nexus card and become a Canadian citizen to update citizenship? If that's the case, should we book a separate appointment at the enrollment center again in the future to update citizenship?