+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEXUS application

Horus_88

Oct 28, 2017
You'll get an email with title "TTP application status change". Then you check the portal for details.
I applied in 2023 for me, wife and daughter.
Wife and I got a notification, just today I check my daughter's profile to find that it is conditionally approved - no email was received so I think you need to keep checking every week or so.

Horus_88

Oct 28, 2017
Hi all,

Family application timeline (2 adults + child)
All applied for Nexus in March 2023
1 Adult got conditional approval in March 2024
The second adult got the conditional approval in May 2024
Both adults are scheduled for July 2024 interview in Fort-Erie, ON.

Just now checked the child's profile to see it is conditionally approved as well (no email was sent so not sure when was it approved)
Tried to schedule her for same location (Fort Erie) but no appts available - they are not taking appts at the moment. so I scheduled her for Lansdowne ON in September.

I am now wondering, will they accept to have the child's "interview" completed with us in Fort Erie in July instead of having to go to Lansdowne or reschedule for Fort Erie? Are they that strict? She is just a toddler.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Check your spam/junk folder.
I did - nothing is there

Yes you can..
Check for the conditional approval in the notifications when you login to https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/dashboard

Strange! For my daughter's - the notification section is empty

thanks for the response. I couldn;t understand why they are taking this much time for kids as well ?
Same question I have here. My daughter's application took the longest time out of the family (she is 2) :D

Last edited:

.Aj

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Family application timeline (2 adults + child)
All applied for Nexus in March 2023
1 Adult got conditional approval in March 2024
The second adult got the conditional approval in May 2024
Both adults are scheduled for July 2024 interview in Fort-Erie, ON.

Just now checked the child's profile to see it is conditionally approved as well (no email was sent so not sure when was it approved)
Tried to schedule her for same location (Fort Erie) but no appts available - they are not taking appts at the moment. so I scheduled her for Lansdowne ON in September.

I am now wondering, will they accept to have the child's "interview" completed with us in Fort Erie in July instead of having to go to Lansdowne or reschedule for Fort Erie? Are they that strict? She is just a toddler.

Appreciate your thoughts.

I did - nothing is there

Strange! For my daughter's - the notification section is empty

Same question I have here. My daughter's application took the longest time out of the family (she is 2) :D
Do take your child with you. I have read multiple comments on reddit confirming that they were allowed child interview without an appointment.

Reactions: Horus_88

sri88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2022
Hi

I have some interesting news to share. I had a discussion with the officers about the eligibility to apply on one of my visits to the interview centre. What i understood is any PR meeting PR residency obligatory with a valid US Visa can apply for Nexus. There is no requirement of 3 years ( which I read somewhere) . All you need is 720 days in the past 4 years, which is the PR physical presence rule.

I applied for my spouse the same day I had this discussion on 28th June. Today (7th July), when we checked the profile, I was surprised to see " Conditionally Approved,".....just over a week... They are processing Nexus ultra fast nowadays....

Applied : 28th June 2024
Conditional Approval: 7th July 2024
Interview Date: 8th July 2024 @ Fort Erie

Last edited:

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi

I have some interesting news to share. I had a discussion with the officers about the eligibility to apply on one of my visits to the interview centre. What i understood is any PR meeting PR residency obligatory with a valid US Visa can apply for Nexus. There is no requirement of 3 years ( which I read somewhere) . All you need is 720 days in the past 4 years, which is the PR physical presence rule.

I applied for my spouse the same day I had this discussion on 28th June. Today (7th July), when we checked the profile, I was surprised to see " Conditionally Approved,".....just over a week... They are processing Nexus ultra fast nowadays....

Applied : 28th June 2024
Conditional Approval: 7th July 2024
Interview Date: 8th July 2024 @ Fort Erie
I wonder whats your nexus of getting conditional approval in a week ;)

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Got conditional approval on PR, but do not have valid US Visa.
Can schedule an appointment without valid US visa.

Horus_88

Oct 28, 2017
Hi guys, another question please. Do you know how long it typically takes for interview process in Canadian and US side from appt time to finish?
I know that the US side does not require an appointment but I am wondering if the wait time is too long.
I will be going for 9am on a saturday at Fort Erie / Buffalo

thanks

endor

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hi guys, another question please. Do you know how long it typically takes for interview process in Canadian and US side from appt time to finish?
I know that the US side does not require an appointment but I am wondering if the wait time is too long.

thanks
Are you already conditionally approved on the NEXUS dashboard? If so, the interview is just a final check on the document and criminal background questions.

I did mine in Blaine Washington. The Canadian officer was sitting next to the US officer. I talked to both of them one after another. I arrived like 1 hour early, but once my time was up they called me within a few minutes.
The interview took no more than 10 minutes.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016

thanks
I think it will take about 15-20 mins.. I think in your case you have to go to the US side and Canadian side
We did ours at Whirlpool Bridge where both CBSE and CBP officers were at the same enrollment center

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015

thanks
It took us 10 mins on Canadian side and 10 mins on the US side. They had a specific desk for Nexus and there was no one except us.

When you reach the US border after Canadian interview, just tell them you are there for Nexus and they direct you. They also let the Nexus officer know you are coming.

Last edited:

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
When the Nexus card is delivered, is it a courier which you have to sign or its delivered in the mailbox?