+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2024 - Citizenship Applications

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
I called RCMP today and they have confirmed that they have sent the FP details to IRCC on 27th July so hopefully I may expect soon as its hard to track down IRCC agents on phone.
yeah, IRCC takes at least 2-3 weeks from when RCMP sent it so most likely it will be updated by end of this week or early next week.

Reactions: nirajparihar

nirajparihar

Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
yeah, IRCC takes at least 2-3 weeks from when RCMP sent it so most likely it will be updated by end of this week or early next week.
Just to be safe I have sent the proof of finger print receipt to IRCC via webform as I have seen cases where mail is delayed and IRCC seeks explanation after 30 days of time.

Reactions: hssrp

Upesh07

Jun 20, 2017
Canada
Sorry for the late update, received an email on July 25th to appear for citizenship test.
Already started preparing by having few practice tests online. Want to know are these questions repetitive? Is it enough if I just do the practice tests available Online?

komalmonga123

Star Member
May 28, 2018
No not everyone is asked for FP. Since your BG is already completed you will not be asked for FP (except in very rare exceptional cases when the file is pending for a long time), so you can safely forget about FP.

Since you gave the test today, the officer takes between 2-10 business days to mark the test as completed in the tracker. After that the LPP takes anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months depending upon the office and officer. FYI, Vancouver office is generally slow for most activities.
Got it. Thank you!

komalmonga123

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Sorry for the late update, received an email on July 25th to appear for citizenship test.
Already started preparing by having few practice tests online. Want to know are these questions repetitive? Is it enough if I just do the practice tests available Online?
I would recommend reading the book and then attempting the practice tests.

Reactions: hssrp and Upesh07

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
Just to be safe I have sent the proof of finger print receipt to IRCC via webform as I have seen cases where mail is delayed and IRCC seeks explanation after 30 days of time.
Yeah, thats good to send in the receipt via webform so that they are aware we completed it already.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
No doubt, practice test are good and make us prepared for the test, however, the official test guide is Discover Canada. Please read it completely at least once so that you are fully prepared and ready for the test. All questions would be from Discover Canada so you would not miss anything.

Here is the link to download Discover Canada as a PDF eBook, HTML, or Audio file. If you like, you can also order a hardcopy but it will take a few weeks before you get it so PDF is your best bet.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada.html

Reactions: Upesh07

chachacanada

Apr 29, 2024
How often do you guys check the tracker?

Is checking once in the morning good enough? Or do we get updates end of day as well?

Waiting on LPP like most other May applicants. Hoping to see an update soon

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
How often do you guys check the tracker?

Is checking once in the morning good enough? Or do we get updates end of day as well?

Waiting on LPP like most other May applicants. Hoping to see an update soon
Once a day in the morning is good as it doesn't update during the day.

Tracker updates once a day from Tuesday to Saturday at around 5-5:30 AM EST.

Reactions: chachacanada

juancarlosco101

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looks like another ghost update. Watch out for further real updates in 2 days, most likely.
Just saw this update in my tracker (We received your fingerprint information on August 8, 2024 and will review them shortly. Thank you! )

Was hoping to see background completed on the August 9th as it is for most cases, or am i mistaking?