+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2024 Citizenship application

OutOfScar

May 22, 2024
Looks like we are in same situation , it says fingerprints required as per GCMS, but no request yet. It almost 3 months now in the same state . Though I got test invite from Niagara , it is at Sydney right now as per notes.
it’s so frustrating with the process , I had my reliability cleared last year ( ie they have all details already ) and haven’t been out of Canada much and no history which may cause for delay .
I don't think the delay is related to circumstances as such, my case should also be straightforward. We are just unlucky. Out of frustration, I raised an atip with CSIS as well and they replied that they had responded to IRCC query way back in Feb.

Aishaadi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I don't think the delay is related to circumstances as such, my case should also be straightforward. We are just unlucky. Out of frustration, I raised an atip with CSIS as well and they replied that they had responded to IRCC query way back in Feb.
i agree, it is just someone keeping it on hold for no reason. I have requested for one more notes( Privacy act) this time. .
How do we request ATIP with CSIS ? not sure if its different from GCMS notes itself under ATIP.

OutOfScar

May 22, 2024
i agree, it is just someone keeping it on hold for no reason. I have requested for one more notes( Privacy act) this time. .
How do we request ATIP with CSIS ? not sure if its different from GCMS notes itself under ATIP.
CSIS notes can be requested at https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/en/Organisation. But it's not worth the effort in my opinion everything is redacted only thing visible is which organization made the request and when it was responded to. And they took around 40 days to respond.

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Haha it's nice to see some familiar nicknames :) Hope everything is going well on your side!

Will do the online oath, as it's what they invited me for and I don't really want to delay things by requesting a change...

Did you apply for citizenship, or got it already? :)
Thank I am doing very well. Are you still in GTA ?

Hmm, I don't think there will be any delay, doing it in person is much nicer, and I highly recommend it. My brother called the IRCC office in my city and requested an in-person spot. Eventually, they scheduled his oath ceremony 10 days before his online oath. You should give it a try. My friend also sent a message to the email address he received from IRCC for his test invitation, and they let him attend the ceremony in person earlier than originally scheduled as well.