+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2024 - Citizenship Applications

RegalCalico

Jun 2, 2024
Finally! Citizenship oath in progress Oct 8, updated today.
Oath scheduled for Oct 22!!

So we're expecting the actual invite email about a week out? So Oct 15 or so?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaxico

AveFénix

Feb 3, 2021
Hi everyone! Here’s my timeline:
Application filed: June 30, 2024
AOR: July 7, 2024
Background check completed: August 23, 2024
Test invitation: August 27, 2024
Test taken: August 30, 2024 (passed)
Test marked as completed: September 3, 2024
LPP: In progress
No updates since then.
Montreal office, family of 4 (2 minors).

Reactions: hssrp

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
No updates since then.
Hi AveFénix, please add physical presence days if possible- not compulsory. Another profile here will add you to sheet. Thanks

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days:
Application: Single/Family(number of family members) : Family(4)
Application sent: June 30
Delivered: June 30
AOR: July 7

Last edited:

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
No updates since then.
Montreal is little unpredictable from what few cases I have seen. A few of them had lpp complete in 2 weeks while others took 1.5 to 2 months. Hopefully you hear very soon.

AveFénix

Feb 3, 2021
thanks @maverick1982
Physical Presence Days: 1144 days

P.S.: My wife was also invited to take the online test at the same date than me, but she requested to reschedule it for an in-person session. Her new test date is October 21. They’ve asked her to bring all passports and the original documents included in her application, such as her health care card, language proof, etc. Do you think her rescheduling is impacting the processing of my LPP and our children?

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
No updates since then.
Added to the spreadsheet.

hssrp

Champion Member
Dec 19, 2019
USA
thanks @maverick1982
Physical Presence Days: 1144 days

P.S.: My wife was also invited to take the online test at the same date than me, but she requested to reschedule it for an in-person session. Her new test date is October 21. They’ve asked her to bring all passports and the original documents included in her application, such as her health care card, language proof, etc. Do you think her rescheduling is impacting the processing of my LPP and our children?
Each application progresses on its own until it is ready for Oath, even for family applications. So your LPP isn't dependent on your wife's test. But once your LPP is completed, the oath for the whole family will be scheduled together so you will have to wait until your wife completes her test and then her LPP before the Oath for the family can be scheduled.

Reactions: maverick1982

rigo77

Oct 3, 2018
Background completed on Aug 6
Test completed on Sept 11
Physical presence completed on Sept 23
Since then.. no updates! still waiting for Language and prohibitions... WTF!!!!

Any idea if this is normal?? Should I contact IRCC? I think, My application is being processed at the Edmonton office.
I’ve planned a trip to my home country for Christmas, and I’m really hoping to have my Canadian passport by then.

crystalmet

May 8, 2018
Hi @hssrp @maverick1982 a question for you and thank you in advance. I submitted my fp on the day I got email on 11 sep and not heard anything till now. ircc agent told me that nothings been received till today and I should mail the original fp document to Vancouver office (where the fp request originated). I am skeptical of doing that and want to send a web form to update ircc of the fp to make sure my application is not considered abandoned. What do you suggest? Thanks!

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Background completed on Aug 6
Test completed on Sept 11
Physical presence completed on Sept 23
Since then.. no updates! still waiting for Language and prohibitions... WTF!!!!

Any idea if this is normal?? Should I contact IRCC? I think, My application is being processed at the Edmonton office.
I’ve planned a trip to my home country for Christmas, and I’m really hoping to have my Canadian passport by then.
Yes it is normal. For some people not all three are completed at once. For me, physical presence took longer as I had more than usual travel history. It took about 20 days more than other two. For some people prohibitions takes much longer. Seen two months or more in some cases. Once it is done they might mark language complete same time since language is likely the simplest

LeahO

Aug 17, 2021
I called IRCC to inquire about my Lpp cause in the tracker it says in progress and it’s been like that since July however the agent says it hasn’t even been started yet. Is this normal?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I called IRCC to inquire about my Lpp cause in the tracker it says in progress and it’s been like that since July however the agent says it hasn’t even been started yet. Is this normal?
It is normal. It shows in progress for all of them except the test and oath. For those two it shows not started until they actually start to schedule it.

Last edited:

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi @hssrp @maverick1982 a question for you and thank you in advance. I submitted my fp on the day I got email on 11 sep and not heard anything till now. ircc agent told me that nothings been received till today and I should mail the original fp document to Vancouver office (where the fp request originated). I am skeptical of doing that and want to send a web form to update ircc of the fp to make sure my application is not considered abandoned. What do you suggest? Thanks!
Not knowledgeable in fp . But from what I've heard it takes a month. So maybe wait few more days and then call again. They may complete your lpp very soon after getting fingerprints and running through the checks. I'll let hssrp clarify .