+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student points CIC should scrap FSWP stream

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
kryt0n said:
440 currently with the hope of 471 or 490 in Dec when I retake my language tests (I bottled it last time). My points will drop 5 in April due to age but then up again in July with another year of work experience.
Next draw is expected to go below, 471 hang on there my friend you are almost here!!!

Good luck :)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
omarimam said:
Next draw is expected to go below, 471 hang on there my friend you are almost here!!!

Good luck :)
Thanks but language tests are Dec 10th, so results back HOPEFULLY before Christmas/New Year. If they implement all the changes in Nov or Dec then, well, there's gonna be a whole lot of people with 470~ points and suddenly I'm back down the list again. But thanks anyway :D

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
But if they saturate it then there's no chance for anyone with actual work experience. I mean, sure young students have the potential, but I'd rather have a 35 yr old Dr with 10 years of practice working on me than a fresh medical graduate!
Don't worry, int'l students are not allowed to study med or law.

We are missing some important points here, the Liberals are adding points for int'l students not because they are listening to CEC applicants, it's because the stakeholders and education people are complaining to Trudeau and McCallum. It's an freaking $11.4 billion dollar industry, so the government needs to find a way to protect it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/annual-report-2016/index.asp#s1.2

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarimam said:
See I knew it!! good luck my friend :D

+1 for you for being optimistic ;)
yes i am buddy. being optimistic is better than living in denial, see i've been in the pool for very long time now lot of people receiving ITA and i ve never tried to put them down but instead feeling happy for every one of my folks who gets invited and that should be the spirit. andnow it seems to be my turn to receive an ITa and i feel great We should be realistics and optimistic at the same time and know how to wait, cuz you know i was getting ready for ontario french stream but now i will hold on till end of the year but anyway point is i have an alternative or a plan b. I am not a native french speaker but i started with french long time ago cuz i had the feeling canada would open a stream for francophones cuz is in minority

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
betty44 said:
yes i am buddy. being optimistic is better than living in denial, see i've been in the pool for very long time now lot of people receiving ITA and i ve never tried to put them down but instead feeling happy for every one of my folks who gets invited and that should be the spirit. andnow it seems to be my turn to receive an ITa and i feel great We should be realistics and optimistic at the same time and know how to wait, cuz you know i was getting ready for ontario french stream but now i will hold on till end of the year but anyway point is i have an alternative or a plan b. I am not a native french speaker but i started with french long time ago cuz i had the feeling canada would open a stream for francophones cuz is in minority
Hopefully you will land soon next year!

All the best my friend.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
Great Betty; I'm sure you will get your way to Canada and obviously you will be successful there. I'm happy for you that you got French and on the top of that siblings...cherry on the cake.

That's true you were motivating on this forum. Definitely you would get PR.

Good luck!

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
Great Betty; I'm sure you will get your way to Canada and obviously you will be successful there. I'm happy for you that you got French and on the top of that siblings...cherry on the cake.

That's true you were motivating on this forum. Definitely you would get PR.

Good luck!
thanks buddy, good luck to all. Dont give up on canada. There is always a way

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
I think give 25 bonus points at max. Or rather make intl students a seperate stream with a CAP of say 5,000. Because there will be no chance for FSWP if intl student will get 100-200 bonus points and siblings will get 600 points.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
I think give 25 bonus points at max. Or rather make intl students a seperate stream with a CAP of say 5,000. Because there will be no chance for FSWP if intl student will get 100-200 bonus points and siblings will get 600 points.
Yes, and that's exactly what they did in the 3rd draw of Express Entry in 2015, a draw exclusively for CEC. I don't know why they don't continue doing that. Same two draws per month, one for CEC and one for FSW, just picks the best of each stream and impose appropriate cut-off score. B

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Alexios07 said:
Yes, and that's exactly what they did in the 3rd draw of Express Entry in 2015, a draw exclusively for CEC. I don't know why they don't continue doing that. Same two draws per month, one for CEC and one for FSW, just picks the best of each stream and impose appropriate cut-off score. B
Yes that should be the ideal thing

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
they have found a way to do that without affecting the FSWP or at least that s what the anouncement is about. They seem to have a plan. Lets hope it is good enough for all of us.

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where can I find the proposed changes to the EE system? Is anything proposed yet?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
rajibsam said:
Where can I find the proposed changes to the EE system? Is anything proposed yet?
Nothing set in stone yet.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajibsam said:
Here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/potential-changes-in-express-entry-in-upcoming-months-released-by-ircc-t447837.0.html

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Here:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/potential-changes-in-express-entry-in-upcoming-months-released-by-ircc-t447837.0.html
those changes are all over this forum. And online