VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aircanada said:
Not really and that's the problem. If you do a bachelor's in Canada and work for a year and get experience, you will qualify for CEC but your EE points (444 max) will not be high enough to make the cut. That's why they are talking about increasing points to Canadian education.
And that is still higher than a lot of FSW outlanders.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarimam said:
We know changes are coming, probably in favor to international students, and to those who have siblings in Canada. What we dont know is how many points, or what exactly will be changed!

Thanks
correct, and changes will be in favor of those who speak french

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
kryt0n said:
And that is still higher than a lot of FSW outlanders.
yes agreed, but still outlanders can have more than 3 years of experience, while International students are only limited to max of two years of experience.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aircanada said:
It's not high enough to get out of the EE pool. That's what matters.
But if they saturate it then there's no chance for anyone with actual work experience. I mean, sure young students have the potential, but I'd rather have a 35 yr old Dr with 10 years of practice working on me than a fresh medical graduate!

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
betty44 said:
correct, and changes will be in favor of those who speak french
Correct, something tells me that you speak french all to well!! hahaha :D

Good luck my friend all the best to you and to the rest of us

aircanada

May 27, 2014
kryt0n said:
But if they saturate it then there's no chance for anyone with actual work experience. I mean, sure young students have the potential, but I'd rather have a 35 yr old Dr with 10 years of practice working on me than a fresh medical graduate!
Whatever change they do, it will be at the expense of someone else. I suppose the idea is that giving international students extra points could really make studying in Canada more valuable in 10 years from now and work to attract the brightest students. So it's a short term loss turning away a 35 yr old Dr with 10 years of practice, but a gain in the long term.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aircanada said:
Whatever change they do, it will be at the expense of someone else. I suppose the idea is that giving international students extra points could really make studying in Canada more valuable in 10 years from now and work to attract the brightest students. So it's a short term loss turning away a 35 yr old Dr with 10 years of practice, but a gain in the long term.
I wish Canada would stop moving the goal posts. I have a feeling we have missed our chance forever.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarimam said:
Correct, something tells me that you speak french all to well!! hahaha :D

Good luck my friend all the best to you and to the rest of us
i do buddy i also have a sibling in canada.this our year to become PR i am sure we will have a clear pathway next year and we will land by july 2017 or before. French + sibling all the way!!! 8) thank you and good luck to you too

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
betty44 said:
i do buddy i also have a sibling in canada.this our year to become PR i am sure we will have a clear pathway next year and we will land by july 2017 or before. French + sibling all the way!!! 8) thank you and good luck to you too
See I knew it!! good luck my friend :D

+1 for you for being optimistic ;)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
I wish Canada would stop moving the goal posts. I have a feeling we have missed our chance forever.
With 471, you have this in the bag ;)

+1 me omarimam for being optimistic :p

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
omarimam said:
Do you mind me asking, how many points do you have now?
440 currently with the hope of 471 or 490 in Dec when I retake my language tests (I bottled it last time). My points will drop 5 in April due to age but then up again in July with another year of work experience.

jsingh17

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
I think you need a better understanding of Canadian labor market. Employers are not looking for PHDs. There is a need for skilled workers in the manufacturing sector, be it technicians, engineers etc. Canadian educational curriculum is geared towards teaching skills which are valued and are in demand in the respective fields. I think this is where International students with Canadian degrees hold an edge over their competition.