+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student points CIC should scrap FSWP stream

hi_canada

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
VO18 said:
But that is the reality. That is how most cultures are. And besides why would a CEO want to leave their job at 45? That is just not practical. Siblings and family members want to join them here simply because life here is better than life elsewhere. So your life is good wherever you come from why would you drop it and come to Canada?
that was just an example. you would never abandon your paralyzed son or father. Sorry to be harsh.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
But how many more points would be fair? The equivalent of 1 year of Canadian work experience (35 points) would make sense.
Around 10 or 15 points are enough, or just more points for Canadian work exp, instead of Canadian degrees should be fair.

As of now, 2 years Canadian work exp < (1 year Canadian work xp + 1 year foreign work exp).

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elrud said:
The government said the rule will be simplified so that they can stay after graduation. Presently they have to return back to their country after graduation unless they apply for a PGWP and many don't as they return or could not find job in their field. This will be more simplified.
THAT makes sense. Give them 2 years worth of visa after graduation, enough to get 2 years of Canadian work experience and fully integrate into the culture!

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Around 10 or 15 points are enough, or just more points for Canadian work exp, instead of Canadian degrees should be fair.

As of now, 2 years Canadian work exp < (1 year Canadian work xp + 1 year foreign work exp).
So this means that CEC workers in Canada (non-student) would also get additional points for Canadian work experience.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
THAT makes sense. Give them 2 years worth of visa after graduation, enough to get 2 years of Canadian work experience and fully integrate into the culture!
No; this is presently the case, many get 3-year visa but still mainly those high skilled NOC A struggle to find jobs in their field as employers prefer to employ PR/Canadian citizens. This might be changed as he said students would be eligible after graduation in order for them to start their career.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omarimam said:
Could be, no one has any idea what the changes would be.
We already know what the changes would be since July/August on Refocusing Express Entry slide and on CERC website... On the top of it, it was not recommendation/proposal but this comes directly from IRCC.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Elrud said:
No; this is presently the case, many get 3-year visa but still mainly those high skilled NOC A struggle to find jobs in their field as employers prefer to employ PR/Canadian citizens. This might be changed as he said students would be eligible after graduation in order for them to start their career.

Wo... they get 3 years? Wow... I had no idea. I thought it was 1 year. OK, well I'm not really sure then. I mean, granted it's not that long to land a good job but it's enough to get some skilled work, especially if you have graduated with high marks. It's enough to be able to qualify for CEC, surely?!

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will be surprised with the amount of points graduates will be granted. But if you prefer to live in denial is your choice. They deserve a pathway, let them be, or continue with your denial, you have to be blind not to see what s gonna happen in 2017 after every single speech of the immigration minister concerning international graduates. They Deserve the points cuz the government wants them to stay in canada. You are free to go study in canada or wait to see how EE is going to work for non intrrnational graduates like us. And dont tell me the system woudnt be fair cuz you would be saying the system is fair the way it is right now. The system wil NEVER be fair 100% , there will always be a group complaining.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
betty44 said:
You will be surprised with the amount of points graduates will be granted. But if you prefer to live in denial is your choice. They deserve a pathway, let them be, or continue with your denial, you have to be blind not to see what s gonna happen in 2017 after every single speech of the immigration minister concerning international graduates. They Deserve the points cuz the government wants them to stay in canada. You are free to go study in canada or wait to see how EE is going to work for non intrrnational graduates like us. And dont tell me the system woudnt be fair cuz you would be saying the system is fair the way it is right now. The system wil NEVER be fair 100% , there will always be a group complaining.
Are you ok?

aircanada

May 27, 2014
kryt0n said:
Wo... they get 3 years? Wow... I had no idea. I thought it was 1 year. OK, well I'm not really sure then. I mean, granted it's not that long to land a good job but it's enough to get some skilled work, especially if you have graduated with high marks. It's enough to be able to qualify for CEC, surely?!
Not really and that's the problem. If you do a bachelor's in Canada and work for a year and get experience, you will qualify for CEC but your EE points (444 max) will not be high enough to make the cut. That's why they are talking about increasing points to Canadian education.

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
Elrud said:
We already know what the changes would be since July/August on Refocusing Express Entry slide and on CERC website... On the top of it, it was not recommendation/proposal but this comes directly from IRCC.
We know changes are coming, probably in favor to international students, and to those who have siblings in Canada. What we dont know is how many points, or what exactly will be changed!

Thanks