+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student points CIC should scrap FSWP stream

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Well, and the program called Spouse Sponsorship

Btw, they keep using the word "Canadian siblings", so you might only get 2 points if your siblings are Canadian citizen, not PR.
even better, but i think when they use the term canadian they include both, PRs and citizens

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Alexios07 said:
Well, and the program called Spouse Sponsorship

Btw, they keep using the word "Canadian siblings", so you might only get 2 points if your siblings are Canadian citizen, not PR.
http://www.immigration.ca/en/immigrationnewsarticles-menu/237-canada-immigration-news-articles/2016/november/2944-why-it-could-get-much-easier-to-move-to-canada-in-2017.html

This article says that there will be a seperate stream for intl students with 5,000 CAP and I think that is the right way to go. And also Intl students and canadian unis also wants seperate stream for intl students rather than picking them from same pool.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
betty44 said:
Granting immediate permanent residency to new spouses entering Canada, rather than imposing a two-year conditional status that puts spouses – often women – in a position of extreme vulnerability.

these sposes could be non skilled or have no knowledge of french or english, still they become PR right away.
Well they have seperate quota for it as they have for parents and grand parents which does not affect FSWP OR CEC

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
immigration.ca/en/immigrationnewsarticles-menu/237-canada-immigration-news-articles/2016/november/2944-why-it-could-get-much-easier-to-move-to-canada-in-2017.html

This article says that there will be a seperate stream for intl students with 5,000 CAP and I think that is the right way to go. And also Intl students and canadian unis also wants seperate stream for intl students rather than picking them from same pool.
you could be right. let s wait and see

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is more than an article , this is the liberal immigration plan. that is their website.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Well they have seperate quota for it as they have for parents and grand parents which does not affect FSWP OR CEC
but siblings are in the pool. they gotta have a plan to make it work without excluding the rest of the candidates or something like that.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
What are you refering to? The link which I have posted?
https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/a-new-plan-for-canadian-immigration-and-economic-opportunity/?shownew=1

A Liberal government will make family reunification one of its core immigration priorities, because when families are able to stay together., their integration to Canada and ability to work and grow their communities all improve.

Elrud

Jun 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
They should release changes like this:

• 10 points for Canadian degrees
  • 25 points for NOC A and 0 occupations with market rate salary (to weed out those fake jobs at gas stations and ethnic restaurants
  • 10 points for NOC B occupations with market rate salary
  • 20 points for working and living in Atlantic provinces
  • 2 points for Canadian siblings
The higher your level of education, the higher bonus points.

Job offer is a different thing and you will already get bonus points again for as it need not be permanent anymore.

Job offer should be excluded as there would be abuse, many students who has master or professional degrees in NOC A might engage in NOC inferior to their occupation in order to get more points, as for many NOC A jobs, only Canadian/PR residents are eligible to apply.

They said additional points rather than bonus points for siblings. So it might be 600 for Canadian siblings.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatani said:
Well that is my point that you just cant keep all of them in one pool and gift hundereds of bonus points to intl students and siblings. People here were crying for LMIA also that lot of people who dont have 300 points on human capital still lends a job of cooks and other type of jobs gets LMIA and become PR because they were taking the place of a person who deserves more than them.
@Fatani, First of all I have a question for you, It seems like that you are applying as an FSW, that is why you started the thread and had been talking about Injustice, you are not in Canada yet and already against the Decisions of the government, god knows what will you do once you will get the PR and are here,

You or me doesn't have the purview to what their long term goals are, which I am sure they will share before or with the proposed changes.

Also to answer few of your questions, International student have worked very hard (I really wanted to write something else here but this is not the right place to use that language), first to complete the Programs with the part time Odd Jobs, and then to get a co-op (People don't need you even for free if you do not have the Canadian experience), and then to find a job which in itself is a BIG challenge, and you think that FSW's after landing will get the Job in just couple of days :eek:
Then paying heavy taxes (Which is to be paid and we all agreed to it not that someone kept a gun on our head and made us do that) Meeting new people, making contacts, and working to know the Canadian culture better (One of the best culture I have seen).

All these things NOT in the Comfort of our home with our families back in our home countries (FSW's are still there and have that leverage).

Also, your another question is about SIBLINGS, I think Sibling's in this context here is your brother and sisters (Blood relation) not the daughter of your mother's uncle (just on the lighter note, I have aunt here living in canada who is the daughter of my mother's uncle) :p

In order to give more points for Siblings I think it is a good sign as I have personally seen so many people who Land here and leave within few months as they are unable to find a proper job, which they can definitely do if they have someone to handhold them and show them the path (which really helps, and can be done by siblings) I have personally done the same when my elder brother landed here last year and within 2 months he got a good government job (Managerial Level), as I shared all that I know of how to apply for jobs and what all websites to look at for job opening, also it is not hard to look for that information online, But when it comes to get the support it really matters, Me & my wife were already here in Canada when he came, so he never had to worry about the accommodation, Food lodging, or anything. He invested his time majorly in finding a job for himself (Trust me he had 2 Jobs at the End of the 2nd month and he decided which one to go for).

I am not saying that all Siblings will do the same, or all of the new landed immigrants will be lucky to get a chance to choose between multiple jobs and that too within 2 months, however a little help can be of great use when you are in the new country, and have to do multiple things on your own by which you can only give divided attention to most important things.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
And your troll stiring does nothing either. Look, you spend most of your time on this forum putting people down. If you have PR, great, get on with enjoying your Canadian life. If not, get off your computer and go outside. The world isn't as bleak as you think it is.
+1 for this....

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elrud said:
The higher your level of education, the higher bonus points.

Job offer is a different thing and you will already get bonus points again for as it need not be permanent anymore.

Job offer should be excluded as there would be abuse, many students who has master or professional degrees in NOC A might engage in NOC inferior to their occupation in order to get more points, as for many NOC A jobs, only Canadian/PR residents are eligible to apply.

They said additional points rather than bonus points for siblings. So it might be 600 for Canadian siblings.
That's why I wrote that you only get bonus points for job offer only if your salary is market rate, or better yet, give points to annual income as well too. Maximum 50 points if your salary is more than $100k/year, 0 points if you earn less than $25k/year.

Again, this is an economic immigration program, the purpose is to find the best candidate who will pay the most taxes and use the least welfare, so if we award 600pts for some applicants just because they have Canadian siblings, then it would be even worst than the spouse sponsorship program.