+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

susana

Nov 4, 2008
amjad3126 said:
So I am in the same boat, my wife is also pregnant and baby expected soon.I already applied for her sponsorship but it took at least 01 year to reach first stage of approval. My innsurance covers her lab report. What you suggest midwives or hospital ans how much expenditures for these services.
[/quote

Hello...if you already have first stage approval she is eligible for health care ,

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
amjad3126 said:
I applied to sponser my spouse with inland application. It will take 12 months to get the application accepted for first stage. So as my spouse living with me and enjoy implied status, my concern is about her health coverage here in Alberta. Because Alberta heath care only covers when you have valid visa and extend up to 90 days. So what about the remaining time frame. Please update me in this regard. Your comments highly appreciated.

I agree with some friends that spouse of citizenship might have Alberta health care coverage but it's not possible for PR residence spouse. I already call them and they made it clear that they can only extend the heath card for 90 days max only, if you already apply for the extension and nothing afterward if your status not decided by CIC.
As per rule you either have study, work, PR or visitor visa to qualify for services. But now best way out is that i have to get some insurance coverage. I already have one but do any one know any insurance policy that covers my spouse pregnancy and physician trips during pregnancy and after ward
As far as I know, there are no private insurance policies for foreigners that cover routine pregnancy and delivery costs. Only lab work, radiology and emergencies.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Any Progress on moving from July 2013 date. For people who recieved AOR within last month, can they see their status online.
Not able to check on status online.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can log into my E-Cas now using my application number...

When signing in I was selecting United Kingdom and Colonies instead of just ENGLAND and it worked! So I guess that was my own fault.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
Jamesdavid3 said:
I can log into my E-Cas now using my application number...

When signing in I was selecting United Kingdom and Colonies instead of just ENGLAND and it worked! So I guess that was my own fault.

Have you filed inland application or outland.. looks like ur is outland.

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
who got AOR in August if u r able to check ecas... what status does it show... in my ecas it says application received on .... and medical received

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Monkeyfish said:
The midwife services I've looked into here in Quebec require about $10,000 for the hospital deposit in case of an emergency, and it's usually $3700 for the midwife service itself. Considering you never have to go to the hospital, you'll get that $10,000 back.

I am using an OBGYN and a hospital. The doctor and delivery are $3700 plus about $3000 per day in the hospital. Hoping I deliver quickly with no complications so that I can be in and out of the hospital as fast as possible. If I am there for 2 days, that's $6000 plus the $3700 which equals $9700 total.

A home birth with a midwife would probably be the cheapest way to go, but midwives are very hard to find in Quebec, and as this is my first baby, I am too nervous to risk having an unassisted home birth.
I had no idea Quebec was that expensive! I have birth uninsured in Ontario on May 30th, my final bill was $4700, including the hospital stay, OB fees and an epidural.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Chi0180 said:
Hi All,

Question regarding visitor record and ohip. I received my visitor record with "APR Pending" under the remarks section. When I checked this is what it means (I hope) -- "In all cases, the officer must input visible remarks on the WP, “APR Pending”. This remark, in addition to the Case Type code will ensure eligibility for continued health care coverage by the province or territory." (Reference: Operational Bulletin 485 – December 15, 2012 In CIC website) -- Does this mean I can now apply for OHIP? On OHIP's website, it says that a visitor can apply for OHIP so long as the applicant has the required documents. This is the exact statement -- CIC Immigration document such as a Work Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit or Study Permit with note in the “Remarks Section” that indicates that you have applied for permanent residence. -- Does anyone here have the same experience? I mean is there someone here who's in TRV who were able to apply for OHIP? I'm pregnant and badly need medical assistance so it would be great if our expenses will be covered by OHIP.

Thanks in advance.

Chi0180
How can you find out what does the mosaic word in your remarks section mean? I have NRR/OSC in the remarks, what does it mean?
Thanks

elsabels

May 28, 2014
Spousal Sponsorship with Working Visa: Questions!!!!!

Hi everyone! First time posting and just starting this process - but I had a couple questions, if anyone could help out - I would be eternally grateful!

Background story is like most: met Canadian partner, fell in love and now working through the legal system to be together. We have read and done research regarding the different options and have narrowed it down to a few. The spousal sponsorship is definitely an option, but we were looking at a few different scenarios at least to start with.

1.) I am an American and if I were to get a working visa in Canada, could we apply for a spousal sponsorship (inland) once things get settled?
2.) I know during the inland process, you have the ability to obtain a work permit, but that could take a while. If I was in Canada on a already existing work visa, would I have to wait for the new work permit to go through or could I continue with that existing work visa?
3.) Overall, I am looking at the time period that would include me (as an American) not being able to work in Canada?

*The reason that we are considering this route is because the timeline is more flexible and it puts less pressure on us to put together a super quick wedding. We are not opposed to getting married in order to make this happen but would like to look at different options for getting things set up first and then moving ahead with the spousal sponsorship.*

Thanks in advance, this is an awesome resource and it's great to know we aren't the only ones going through this process!!

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
alicia13 said:
I had no idea Quebec was that expensive! I have birth uninsured in Ontario on May 30th, my final bill was $4700, including the hospital stay, OB fees and an epidural.
alicia, congratulations on your baby! What province are you in? Do you mind me asking how long you were in the hospital? In order to try to cut expenses for my birth, I'm going to refuse the epidural and try to only be in the hospital one day. Hopefully nothing goes wrong!

angelpot11

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAGUA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/08/14
AOR Received.
08/09/14
File Transfer...
AIP : 02/24/2016
Med's Request
02/24/2016
Med's Done....
02/26/2016
Hi guys,

We got our AOR today yeppee !! application received 08/28/14 AOR 09/08/14. Faimily class.
I just need your inputs pls. we need to send updated passport copy can we use case specific enquiry ? or we need to mail ?
what is the number above the letter is it the File number ? or just application number ? it says application F0000000000, I ASSUMED ITS A FILE #. tHANK YOU GUYS.

angel

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone here that has Jinny Sims as your MP? I think her constituency covers North Delta and suburban of Vancouver? Go to her and ask her to question Mr. Alexander. She is one a few that might be willing to pursue.

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
Monkeyfish said:
alicia, congratulations on your baby! What province are you in? Do you mind me asking how long you were in the hospital? In order to try to cut expenses for my birth, I'm going to refuse the epidural and try to only be in the hospital one day. Hopefully nothing goes wrong!
In Ontario midwivery is provided FREE OF CHARGE even if you do not have OHIP.

While I congratulate you on wanting to go without an epidural - it would be good to plan to have some extra money just in case you need to have one. I'm Canadian but gave birth last year in Brazil - thankfully had a health plan that covered everything. My goal was to go drug free (even tho I had the plan). However, after 20 hours in labour ended up with an emergency c-section. That was definitely not in my plan -- so my advice is that you plan to have the extra $$ JUST IN CASE. While I hope and pray your labour goes normal, sometimes we just never know what is going to happen.

Good luck to you and your baby!! A wonderful blessing!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
jbaia said:
In Ontario midwivery is provided FREE OF CHARGE
Yes midwife services are free BUT you have to book a midwife as soon as you know you are pregnant. They get booked up rather quickly and in limited spaces.

Screech339