Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
Thank you for all of your replies! Generally posting into forums is not my forte. However, I have been really upset the past few days preceding an email sent by CIC RE: Application acceptance. I cannot understand WHY immigration must take so long in the initial stage? Canadians should go through the process MUCH faster :eek: Agreed? Obviously complaining will not hurry the process... If my partner and I had been better versed on the immigration process, we would have applied outland.

Thanks Again! ::)

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
sweb87 said:
Thanks for adding me..

It was a difficult choice to go for the Inland again but overall we felt we would rather be together and wait than be apart.
It looks like you dont realize you can actually apply outland while live together in Canada.
You should seriously consider the advantage as you guys can get things done in few months now..

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am just wondering, Since I submitted my Open Work Permit when I sent my application in, I am guessing after the 1st stage I should receive my Open Work Permit which will have some sort of expiry date on.

Once I do receive my Work Permit, can I finally leave the country and go back home to England for 1 Week to visit? Or is that still not allowed until I have passed the 2nd stage and have my AIP or something

I would imagine when I come back into Canada and I show them my Work Permit AS WELL as telling and showing them I have my application in and its being processed they wouldn't give me any trouble!?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
I am just wondering, Since I submitted my Open Work Permit when I sent my application in, I am guessing after the 1st stage I should receive my Open Work Permit which will have some sort of expiry date on.

Once I do receive my Work Permit, can I finally leave the country and go back home to England for 1 Week to visit? Or is that still not allowed until I have passed the 2nd stage and have my AIP or something

I would imagine when I come back into Canada and I show them my Work Permit AS WELL as telling and showing them I have my application in and its being processed they wouldn't give me any trouble!?
Yes, once you have passed stage 1 they will issue your OWP and it USUALLY has an expiry date of 1 year. (some are less don't know why). If you carry a visa exempt passport then you SHOULD be OK to go 'home' to visit for a week and then return. If you don't hold a visa exempt passport and leave the country, you have to then apply for a travel visa, so it's anyone's guess what happens then.

Wating4turn

Aug 27, 2014
sophieee said:
AOR in 4 days?!?!?! I don't know what CIC is doing, but I definitely like this part:) Now they just need to do the same with AIPs :D

Has any one been able to login to E-CAS (who got the AOR between Aug 6- Aug 20)?? ::)
Getting AIP in hand will be like a most cherished moment in life I guess, considering all the wait.

I guess by DECEMBER most of 2013 and 2014 upto June will be processed. See how they speed up the AOR?? now they will work on AIP. Has anybody received AIP after AUg 08, 2014

Applied : May 3rd ,2014
AOR: Aug 08,2014,
AIP???

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
Wating4turn said:

Has any one been able to login to E-CAS (who got the AOR between Aug 6- Aug 20)?? ::)
Getting AIP in hand will be like a most cherished moment in life I guess, considering all the wait.

I guess by DECEMBER most of 2013 and 2014 upto June will be processed. See how they speed up the AOR?? now they will work on AIP. Has anybody received AIP after AUg 08, 2014

Applied : May 3rd ,2014
AOR: Aug 08,2014,
AIP???
Another week is almost gone & no one from August 2013 has received AIP.... For sure this week the update will show up July over & over again.
Well good luck with your dream!! :p yes perhaps by December 2015 most of 2013 and 2014 upto June will be processed ???
Believe me after 8 - 9 months waiting you start to lose track and sometimes lose faith.

sweb87

May 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
sophieee said:
You can file an outland app while you are together in Canada. Your wife can get a visitor extension, it's very unlikely that she will be denied.
I suppose that would have been a lot faster but our application is already sent now.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Wating4turn said:
Waking up in the morning and checking the forum and CIC website to see if there is any update?? Repeating the same at night and over and over. Life goes on and on!! Started seeing some grey hairs already!! Hoping to see a day when all grief is turned to Joy...

Life could be even worse for those who have pregnant wife , sick kids (without coverage), aged parents back home !! Living on a single income and postponing all needs for another day/time becomes a routine and a challenge. One will never get to know what it means by the right and freedom to work until you get to this stage !!! Tired, frustrated but yet hopeful for a better tomorrow. Praying the same prayer over and over again !! Be of good hope fellow members

Look you honorable in charge of immigration !!! All we ask is the right to work and we give you enough time to process.. Hope somebody has the same opinion..

You know what my mind says "something really worse could have happened" But sometimes my mind says " What more can happen"
We all feel the same way. Just hoping for something to break loose so that the processing speeds up. We all need to be contacting our MPs and the media. Hang in there, everyone!

sonal1988

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2014
Doc's Request.
In Process since 25th September 2014
AOR Received.
16-06-2014
File Transfer...
26-06-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13TH OCTOBER 2014,Submitted on 14th October 2014
VISA ISSUED...
22ND OCTOBER 2014,,DECISION MADE ON 14TH OCTOBER 2014
LANDED..........
NOVEMBER 2014
Hello People..

Can anyone help me..

I am April 2014th applicant.In the year 2007 I got one visitor visa rejection for Canada,My brother was studying there so we thought to meet him..Now I am confused..If this can lead to an interview? :-[ :-[ :-[

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonal1988 said:
Hello People..

Can anyone help me..

I am April 2014th applicant.In the year 2007 I got one visitor visa rejection for Canada,My brother was studying there so we thought to meet him..Now I am confused..If this can lead to an interview? :-[ :-[ :-[
Your previous visitor visa rejection, in and of itself, will not automatically trigger an interview. However...if you did not mention this in your application (somewhere there's a question pertaining to a matter such as this), then that could be seen as misrepresentation.

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
Found a petition to support Inland SS process and grant right to work

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
Amazingsho said:
Yes, that was started about 4 months ago - even BEFORE all the processing time updates! Definitely worth signing and passing around.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Amazingsho said:

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor
it's important to remember any petition that is signed must be signed by CANADIAN citizens to be taken seriously. i'm not even sure canadian pr's can sign petitions, as they do not have voting rights, though i could be wrong about that. i haven't looked at the petition posted, though my guess is it has quite a few signatures that would be considered invalid.

asking applicants to sign a petition is basically a waste of time and will only lead to disappointment. the canadian government is certainly not going to care about any petitions signed by foreign nationals wanting to immigrate to canada, even if they are legally staying in canada. submitting a petition signed by mostly applicants will also be opening the gauntlet for some very nasty commentary and strong opinions.

the best thing to do is have the sponsors and their family, friends and colleauges pass it around for signatures.

PixieDuster

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
GTA - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Inland withdrawn/ Resubmitted Outland 3-FEB-2015
AOR Received.
28-MAR-2015
File Transfer...
13-APR-2015
Passport Req..
01-MAY-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-MAY-2015
LANDED..........
17-MAY-2015
rhcohen2014 said:
it's important to remember any petition that is signed must be signed by CANADIAN citizens to be taken seriously. i'm not even sure canadian pr's can sign petitions, as they do not have voting rights, though i could be wrong about that. i haven't looked at the petition posted, though my guess is it has quite a few signatures that would be considered invalid.
I would say that that may be true... but the fact that permanent residents pay taxes as residents in the country must surely count for something, yes?

The other thing to consider is that change.org is very obviously a grass-roots vehicle for petitions, and will not get much attention unless it gets big. Ideally, the best thing to do is for the sponsors and Canadian citizen friends/families/etc. to write their MPs and officially start a dialogue. (But who knows if they even read those letters!)

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
PixieDuster said:
I would say that that may be true... but the fact that permanent residents pay taxes as residents in the country must surely count for something, yes?
not necessarily... paying taxes doesn't give someone the right to vote for changes. again, i'm not sure if this is true for canada pr's or not. usually governments have no problem taking money from people for services they are receiving. generally, the right to vote is a priviledge reserved for citizens of a country, not legal residents.