+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you may know you get NO documentation or letters stating your on Implied Status (apart from the one above) that's the reason why if you apply after you're work permit expires how are you going to apply for a new job if you don't have any information like a Valid SIN or Work Permit, you wont get a job at all.

However if you are still employed by a company at the same time as your IEC expires you can still work as they will already have everything on file, if you just let them know about your current situation, send them proof of receipts or give them your Ecas number they will be happy with that and allow you to stay and work.

However in you're case I would find it impossible that you can still work since your Visa's already expired and you applied after it ran out.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
When I start cooking more often, there will for sure be more KD dinners!! lol

My husband doesn't really cook the most healthy, but it is sure DELISH!!! Pastas with creamy cheesy sauces, the BEST fried chicken/fish/shrimps....he does do his lasagna with lotsa veggies which you can barely taste thru all the cheese and meat!! lol

Darn...now I'm hungry at work and its not even close to lunch yet!
Oooohh I know it's not even 9 in the morning here but that really does make me hungry! Haha! Lasagna with shredded carrots is absolutely delicious... If only lasagnes aren't so expensive and time consuming to cook!! Once I get an OWP and got a little more cash, I am going to take up the challenge.. Haven't had a homemade lasagna in what feels like a year! :p

Yeah no kidding, that just made me so hungry. Bless haha!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jamesdavid3 said:
As you may know you get NO documentation or letters stating your on Implied Status (apart from the one above) that's the reason why if you apply after you're work permit expires how are you going to apply for a new job if you don't have any information like a Valid SIN or Work Permit, you wont get a job at all.

However if you are still employed by a company at the same time as your IEC expires you can still work as they will already have everything on file, if you just let them know about your current situation, send them proof of receipts or give them your Ecas number they will be happy with that and allow you to stay and work.

However in you're case I would find it impossible that you can still work since your Visa's already expired and you applied after it ran out.

I am curious to know how it goes for those you know who applied for PR and kept working. I find all these rules and such very confusing from time to time so I could be wrong. But I would have been nice if I could have kept working. If we weren't so lazy earlier last year that could have happened or I could have applied for Outland.. Hurts doesn't it lol.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolute worse case, At the end of the day if you still continue to work and you get you're PR what can happen? They wont deport you or anything as you will have a big enough case to state that it was Never clear that you had to stop working as Implied Status is so Vague.

At the stage when you speak to an Officer or a Interview that will be at the time when you have already been passed the 1st Stage so you will have you're OWP anyway and would be working from that.

I cant see any flaws

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Then how are you supposed to continue working LEGALLY without a valid SIN number? Would you mind explaining that to me?!

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
My friend, I wish you no ill will and hope the best for you, but believe me, if they find out you've been working based on your implied status you'll be in deep trouble.
Bottom line is, you're working illegally.
Canada's working laws are very strict, my wife's been supporting us both for almost 4 years now, her family runs a little business, when I go there to see them or just visit, I can't even answer a phone as that would be considered working.
For instance, if you are in these circumstances and you're a carpenter, you decide to build a new fence for your in laws, if they catch you, it's considered work, even if you're doing it for free and as a favor, because it's preventing them to hire a Canadian that would be payed for it.
The last thing you want to play with, while you await PR is illegal work, please watch your back, this is not a fight or a debate, one gets really concerned when sees their fellow immigrants taking these risks, the rules and the laws are unfair for us all immigrants here, yes, but those are the rules, you want to keep on working, apply outland and stay there until they allow you to land...
Please be careful...

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
^ Agreed.

James, you say worse case they wont deport you? Why wouldnt they? Your doing an illegal activity and taking away a job from a Canadian. I could totally see them denying your application, or delaying it to extreme measure (a year or 2), and making you go through a lot of extra hoops.

Again don't take this as a jab against you, I just think working on an expired visa where implied status doesn't pertain to switching visa's will do you more harm than the money you end up making.

If you had a OWP and it was about to expire and you sent in a new one before it did, yes you can work on implied status, but implied status can't switch over to different permits/visa's.

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Line.a said:
Good to see other fellow Scandinavians on here. When did you guys apply for your PR?
I'm 23, from Denmark, in a common law relationship with a Canadian citizen. Not quite married yet but been together for over 3 years now! :)
Oh cool! Yeah sometimes I feel like I'm so young but I feel that the quicker We can get this over with the quicker we can get settled :) Our application got accepted in March, sent back because a paper had been dated waay earlier than when we sent the application. Quickly fixed and returned. Glad to hear they had at least checked through the application!
When did you apply?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jellyfishy said:
Oh cool! Yeah sometimes I feel like I'm so young but I feel that the quicker We can get this over with the quicker we can get settled :) Our application got accepted in March, sent back because a paper had been dated waay earlier than when we sent the application. Quickly fixed and returned. Glad to hear they had at least checked through the application!
When did you apply?
Haha uh oh that must have been stressful. We applied in early February so we are relatively close... No AIPs soon I'm thinking though.. :)

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Line.a said:
Haha uh oh that must have been stressful. We applied in early February so we are relatively close... No AIPs soon I'm thinking though.. :)
Yeah we planned to apply in January but papers took time. Aaah so you COULD have gotten it now if things had gone smoothly without the strikes :/ that sucks! I feel for you.

I'm not too hyped to wprk still but something extra to do and to voulenteer as well as help out my husband in his job would be nice! How are you holding up?

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
So what's the guess....

Does anyone think they will update the Oct.12, 2012 on the CIC website tomorrow?!??!?

*fingers crossed*

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
My guess:

changes back to 10 months and they keep it at October 12, 2012.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
I *hope* it STAYS at 6 months, and the date moves up to January/February... :p

Their math skills sure leave something to be desired....

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Spikey92 said:
Then how are you supposed to continue working LEGALLY without a valid SIN number? Would you mind explaining that to me?!
You're SIN doesn't expire when your on Implied Status

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jellyfishy said:
Yeah we planned to apply in January but papers took time. Aaah so you COULD have gotten it now if things had gone smoothly without the strikes :/ that sucks! I feel for you.

I'm not too hyped to wprk still but something extra to do and to voulenteer as well as help out my husband in his job would be nice! How are you holding up?
Haha I hear ya on that. We originally planned to do way back last year but we got caught up in so much work haha. Yeah a volunteer job is amazing on your cv as well! I usually clean the apartment, take our dog for really long walks and joining a gym with a friend of mine to keep it up. I tend to eat when I'm bored so it can almost be vicious when it tends to happen pretty often haha! :)