+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh I see, If you were working and inside of Canada when you completed your OWP and PR In-Land application and your current visa was coming to a end, you could of stayed in Canada and continued to work without any issues.

There are many people who still continued to work for the same employer even when their visa's expired, so they are still working and just waiting for there OWP's.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
It's important to note that, for those working within Canada on an IEC visa, that some people have reported problems with their PR process if they opted to continue to work on implied status after the IEC visa expired. The above poster has decided he will do so, but it was shared in the 2012 thread that some others experienced problems after making that decision. There is debate about whether the IEC visas can be extended in such a way.

Regardless of what YOU choose to do, you should be careful about the advise you give here. This stuff affects people's lives, and such decisions should not be taken lightly.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jellyfishy said:
Haha, luckily I have a gym membership which is really nice so I can keep fit. I was 1 month away from the OWP, I even had a job lined up with a promotion even though I wasn't certain I wanted to go back. I just try to get through the day until my friends are free in the evening.

I guess I should also introduce myself. I'm Jellyfishy, 23, Swedish and married to a canadian citizen. We got married on paper in November, but due to some processing times in getting all the papers we didn't send our application until March this year. We had our family wedding in May. In hindsight I wish we were more prepared and ready to go back in November. Current need to do is to go off to Ottawa to get my new passport with my new last name and then clear that with immigration.
Good to see other fellow Scandinavians on here. When did you guys apply for your PR?
I'm 23, from Denmark, in a common law relationship with a Canadian citizen. Not quite married yet but been together for over 3 years now! :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
QuebecOkie said:
It's important to note that, for those working within Canada on an IEC visa, that some people have reported problems with their PR process if they opted to continue to work on implied status after the IEC visa expired. The above poster has decided he will do so, but it was shared in the 2012 thread that some others experienced problems after making that decision. There is debate about whether the IEC visas can be extended in such a way.

Regardless of what YOU choose to do, you should be careful about the advise you give here. This stuff affects people's lives, and such decisions should not be taken lightly.
Yes, workers under the IEC category or even young professionals are not supposed to continue work after it runs regardless if they applied for OWP along with their application! I had my IEC and instantly stopped working the day before it ran out.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
WaitingKiwi said:
Im not sure that is correct as I arrived on a visitors visa - which is up so now I believe Im on Implied status until the initial stage is complete and then Im eligible for an OWP? I was in canada 2 years ago and previously had a working holiday visa - which I cant get another one. I don`t think I can work on Implied status as I don`t have a tax # ect and since I arrived as a visitor. If anyone believes otherwise I would be interested to hear your thoughts.
Nope jamesdavid is wrong. Us who had a working holiday visa can only work until it runs out. They aren't extendable unfortunately.. Otherwise I'd happily be working right now :)

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Line.a said:
Good to see other fellow Scandinavians on here. When did you guys apply for your PR?
I'm 23, from Denmark, in a common law relationship with a Canadian citizen. Not quite married yet but been together for over 3 years now! :)
omg I'm 23 too :p more 90s peeps here than I would've thought :p

Sorry to interrupt you guys, I just got a little carried away :p

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Line.a said:
Nope jamesdavid is wrong. Us who had a working holiday visa can only work until it runs out. They aren't extendable unfortunately.. Otherwise I'd happily be working right now :)
Well Line.a, you Could have still continued to work. Many people I know are still working when the IEC visa runs out. YOU CAN still work if you have submitted your application and OWP. Its LEGAL....

I know people who are with big companies like Apple, TD Bank etc who are still allowed to work when their IEC has expired. They are HUGE companies if they are still allowed that means anyone is ALLOWED!

Just because there is not enough documentation around to prove that you can still work doesn't mean you must quit you job and stop working once the IEC expires.

Because you have quit you're job you have wasted all that time not working.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jamesdavid3 said:
Well Line.a, you Could have still continued to work. Many people I know are still working when the IEC visa runs out. YOU CAN still work if you have submitted your application and OWP. Its LEGAL....

I know people who are with big companies like Apple, TD Bank etc who are still allowed to work when their IEC has expired. They are HUGE companies if they are still allowed that means anyone is ALLOWED!

Just because there is not enough documentation around to prove that you can still work doesn't mean you must quit you job and stop working once the IEC expires.

Because you have quit you're job you have wasted all that time not working.
Yes I was allowed by the company themselves but no, when an IEC visa runs out, there isn't much you can do. If its a normal work permit then yes. Not working holiday.. Unless you apply for a young professionals before it runs out.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
5hr3wd said:
omg I'm 23 too :p more 90s peeps here than I would've thought :p

Sorry to interrupt you guys, I just got a little carried away :p
Wow I'm surprised to see a few of us 90s hahahaha. That's amazing I actually started to think I was the youngest one. But I guess not! Woo hoo :)

bruneian

Jun 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
PCC waived, Fingerprints 06/02/14
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 10, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 2, 2014 (AIP)
AOR Received.
Aug 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 6, 2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014 (DM)
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014 in Edmonton
Line.a said:
Wow I'm surprised to see a few of us 90s hahahaha. That's amazing I actually started to think I was the youngest one. But I guess not! Woo hoo :)
i'm going to join the 23 club too! :) hello fellow early 20's

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Line.a said:
Yes I was allowed by the company themselves but no, when an IEC visa runs out, there isn't much you can do. If its a normal work permit then yes. Not working holiday.. Unless you apply for a young professionals before it runs out.
You're wrong, You can still continue to work as all of the people I know who are still working were on the IEC visa!

Think about it Logically... If you cant work how to do EXPECT to live and survive in Canada without a job while you want 14+ Months for your application to be processed? You cant leave the country and apparently you cant work?

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
You're wrong, You can still continue to work as all of the people I know who are still working were on the IEC visa!

Think about it Logically... If you cant work how to do EXPECT to live and survive in Canada without a job while you wait 14+ Months for your application to be processed? You cant leave the country and apparently you cant work?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jamesdavid3 said:

Think about it Logically... If you cant work how to do EXPECT to live and survive in Canada without a job while you want 14+ Months for your application to be processed? You cant leave the country and apparently you cant work?
My common law partner is supporting us while I'm not allowed to work. Whether you think I'm right or wrong, I'm done talking about this issue. I'm glad I stopped working in case i am right.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Jamesdavid3 said:

I can't comment on whatever this IEC Visa business is (I'm not even sure what IEC is?)

But as far as the wait for PR and being able to work...I think the government expects that if you are going to come here and apply inland, and you don't have a valid work permit, that is your business to take care of it. They expect you to have other funds or ways of being supported...like family assistance, savings, etc. to support you during the wait.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013