Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Line.a said:
My common law partner is supporting us while I'm not allowed to work. Whether you think I'm right or wrong, I'm done talking about this issue. I'm glad I stopped working in case i am right.
I am working 2 jobs, while my husband awaits his OWP and PR. He stays home and takes care of our son most days...some days we still send him to a home daycare so he gets interaction with other kids, and so my husband gets a bit of a break too. But it sure saves a LOT of money while it's only me working to not have our son in daycare full time.

As much as our lives would be wayyyyyyyy easier if my husband had a fulltime income, we know the rules, and have to make due with what we have, and just live on a budget for now.

At least we are together and not in different countries!

I agree....better safe than sorry!!! :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Physically I'm 28....mentally much closer to 18.... ;D

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
I am working 2 jobs, while my husband awaits his OWP and PR. He stays home and takes care of our son most days...some days we still send him to a home daycare so he gets interaction with other kids, and so my husband gets a bit of a break too. But it sure saves a LOT of money while it's only me working to not have our son in daycare full time.

As much as our lives would be wayyyyyyyy easier if my husband had a fulltime income, we know the rules, and have to make due with what we have, and just live on a budget for now.

At least we are together and not in different countries!

I agree....better safe than sorry!!! :)
That's good to hear. It is a tough time regardless how things are going for us inlanders I'm thinking. We are barely surviving too, but I felt obliged to stop working as it said on my paper that I couldn't work beyond the date. Plus we didn't apply for the inland PR and OWP until just after the IEC visa ran out, so had to extend my status in between it all.. So I knew if I continued to work I'd most likely get in trouble. Hat off for you working two jobs, nice to get home and have a dinner ready then :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
I can't comment on whatever this IEC Visa business is (I'm not even sure what IEC is?)

But as far as the wait for PR and being able to work...I think the government expects that if you are going to come here and apply inland, and you don't have a valid work permit, that is your business to take care of it. They expect you to have other funds or ways of being supported...like family assistance, savings, etc. to support you during the wait.
IEC is an international experience Canada visa. It allows certain countries to work for a year (some are allowed 2 years) and its really easy to get compared to a work permit that requires a labour market opinion. That's why I say that how I understand it is with those who applied for an LMO and a work permit can extend it, whereas those with IEC can't :)

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
ACS said:
I can't comment on whatever this IEC Visa business is (I'm not even sure what IEC is?)

But as far as the wait for PR and being able to work...I think the government expects that if you are going to come here and apply inland, and you don't have a valid work permit, that is your business to take care of it. They expect you to have other funds or ways of being supported...like family assistance, savings, etc. to support you during the wait.
Agreed. I don't know everything about IEC, but I had a post grad work permit and it expired and I stopped working because it's not extendable. Sounds like IEC isn't extendable too, and you may very well run into issues down the road...making extra money sure isnt worth starting the process over again or receiving a harsh ban from Canada. Play it safe and do the right thing by stop working.

That's the thing about inland they do expect you to not work and still live. Your spouse/partner is able to work and has to support the both of you. Logically and CIC in the same sentence doesn't always make sense, but they make up the rules and we gotta follow them, so good luck to those that keep working on an expired work visa, but I don't see things going well in your future.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Line.a said:
That's good to hear. It is a tough time regardless how things are going for us inlanders I'm thinking. We are barely surviving too, but I felt obliged to stop working as it said on my paper that I couldn't work beyond the date. Plus we didn't apply for the inland PR and OWP until just after the IEC visa ran out, so had to extend my status in between it all.. So I knew if I continued to work I'd most likely get in trouble. Hat off for you working two jobs, nice to get home and have a dinner ready then :)
It is very nice...plus my husband is a wayyyyy better chef than me...lol. Always come home to a clean house too (except possibly our son's playroom which is never clean for more than 2 minutes anyways...lol). But I'm getting too used to it, once the papers come through I will have to pick up more of the cooking and cleaning again ::)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
CANUSA31 said:
Agreed. I don't know everything about IEC, but I had a post grad work permit and it expired and I stopped working because it's not extendable. Sounds like IEC isn't extendable too, and you may very well run into issues down the road...making extra money sure isnt worth starting the process over again or receiving a harsh ban from Canada. Play it safe and do the right thing by stop working.

That's the thing about inland they do expect you to not work and still live. Your spouse/partner is able to work and has to support the both of you. Logically and CIC in the same sentence doesn't always make sense, but they make up the rules and we gotta follow them, so good luck to those that keep working on an expired work visa, but I don't see things going well in your future.
You are so right, very wise words there. It only makes sense that we couldn't extend it, right! :)

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=181&t=17

Sums it up plain and simple. If you CAN'T extend it, then you can't keep working under implied status while waiting for your OWP to be approved because IEC and OWP are 2 completely different visas.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
ACS said:
It is very nice...plus my husband is a wayyyyy better chef than me...lol. Always come home to a clean house too (except possibly our son's playroom which is never clean for more than 2 minutes anyways...lol). But I'm getting too used to it, once the papers come through I will have to pick up more of the cooking and cleaning again ::)
Haha no those kids like their toys scattered all over.. From one project to the next! That's good. I try make us dinner with what we have it could be KD a couple times a week cuz it's cheap and excellent at the same time, other times its more healthy and hearty food.. Hehe gives you a break eh :)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
CANUSA31 said:

Sums it up plain and simple. If you CAN'T extend it, then you can't keep working under implied status while waiting for your OWP to be approved because IEC and OWP are 2 completely different visas.
Yup, it only makes sense! Thank you for finding that :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
CANUSA31 said:

Just because it's physically possible to keep working....doesn't mean it's allowed....and doesn't mean it's a good idea!!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Line.a said:
Haha no those kids like their toys scattered all over.. From one project to the next! That's good. I try make us dinner with what we have it could be KD a couple times a week cuz it's cheap and excellent at the same time, other times its more healthy and hearty food.. Hehe gives you a break eh :)
When I start cooking more often, there will for sure be more KD dinners!! lol

My husband doesn't really cook the most healthy, but it is sure DELISH!!! Pastas with creamy cheesy sauces, the BEST fried chicken/fish/shrimps....he does do his lasagna with lotsa veggies which you can barely taste thru all the cheese and meat!! lol

Darn...now I'm hungry at work and its not even close to lunch yet!

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Line.a said:
Thats the Problem, You APPLIED after your IEC Visa ran out, If you apply before your IEC Visa runs out you can still continue to work.

Listen the Proof I have is that I know MANY people who are still working after the IEC expired, they all applied for a OWP and in-land PR before the IEC expired. They're lawyers all stated that they can still continue to work on Implied Status while they wait for the Stage 1(the time when you get you're OWP).

For even more PROOF, someone who was on the IEC visa which was coming to an end he sent a email to the CIC because he was also worried that he needed to still work once he applied for a OWP and PR. The Letter below states he can still CONTINUE to work for the company hes working for at the moment(it might be different if he didnt have a job but since hes already working theres no issue)

They sent him this Letter below...

WaitingKiwi

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
Med's Done....
18-04-2013
I agree with all of the above, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Im 25, New Zealander =)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jamesdavid3 said:
Thats the Problem, You APPLIED after your IEC Visa ran out, If you apply before your IEC Visa runs out you can still continue to work.

Listen the Proof I have is that I know MANY people who are still working after the IEC expired, they all applied for a OWP and in-land PR before the IEC expired. They're lawyers all stated that they can still continue to work on Implied Status while they wait for the Stage 1(the time when you get you're OWP).

For even more PROOF, someone who was on the IEC visa which was coming to an end he sent a email to the CIC because he was also worried that he needed to still work once he applied for a OWP and PR. The Letter below states he can still CONTINUE to work for the company hes working for at the moment(it might be different if he didnt have a job but since hes already working theres no issue)

They sent him this Letter below...
I could be wrong, but it doesn't specify what type of work visa or permit on there. I still am highly convinced IECs aren't supposed to work after it runs up. And yes you're right, my case was a little different since it ran out before I was able to even apply for PR.