Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Hey Jamesdavid3,

You might want to take a peak at this thread.....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/apply-inland-after-iec-expire-keep-working-and-now-aip-refuse-t163087.0.html

Let me know your thoughts....

mrsc08

Star Member
May 26, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
21-03-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AIP: 23-03-2014
Canusa31, that was a very good example for jamesdavid3... Just because some words are vague and has a lot of gray areas, doesn't mean you don't dig deep into what is the fact and acceptable.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
I tried to explain.. Gave up. Thanks for finding this canusa31 :)

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
SmithyLinds said:
I also could not figure out how to pay for the OWP which I sent along with my initial application. I still applied for it because I have heard that you can pay for it when you are granted it. I could be completely wrong but I figured to just go ahead and apply for it and then figure out the proper way to pay for it in the mean time. I still haven't figured it out! lol
I don't think I paid when I sent it in either, but when mine was returned to update a document as mentioned earlier in this thread they also asked me to pay for the OWP so there is a strong possibility they will do something similar for you. I'm not sure it delays the processing time or anything because I'm in the same stage as everyone else :/

leoundesilva

Jan 11, 2013
SmithyLinds said:
I also could not figure out how to pay for the OWP which I sent along with my initial application. I still applied for it because I have heard that you can pay for it when you are granted it. I could be completely wrong but I figured to just go ahead and apply for it and then figure out the proper way to pay for it in the mean time. I still haven't figured it out! lol
How to pay for Open Work Permit.
Follow this smooth steps:
Go to the CIC website. Find this page i.e where you filled the forms: Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker
click on Pay your fees online.
Click continue, then check the little box acknowledging that you have read and understood the above terms and conditions.
Click continue
Click Immigration
Click Temporary Residence
Type 1 under Work Permit (including extensions) which is $150
Click Submit, then you will see "Summary of Fees"
Click Pay, then do the rest........hope it helps :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Wow...CANUSA31 was right on the guess about the online processing time.....

Guess that'll teach me to be optamistic with Immigration....lol

But OMG......how many &(*^^%& Applications did they recieve on Oct.12?!?!?!?!?!?!???? lol

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANUSA31 said:
Hey Jamesdavid3,

You might want to take a peak at this thread.....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/apply-inland-after-iec-expire-keep-working-and-now-aip-refuse-t163087.0.html

Let me know your thoughts....
It doesn't make much sense really.

1. How would the CIC know shes still working, all they do is check your application, its impossible for them to know your working still....
2. She applied for the OWP and In-land PR back in September since then she should have already passed the 1st stage and got her OWP so she can work legally.

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
Geez James just accept the fact that you cannot legally work after the IEC expires!
IF YOU DONT HAVE A VALID SIN BUT NEVERTHELESS WORK IT IS HIGHLY ILLEGAL!
No SIN = getting payed under the table = illegal!
Its just as simple as that ;)

Everyone that has/had a IEC visa will tell you thay when you apply for your sin and you get your card it cleary states "This SIN expires on (12 months later). To get a new SIN or rather reactivate your old SIN you need to be in possesion of a NEW VALID work permit.

If you want to risk your immigration go ahead! But stop telling people they should go ahead and do something illegal just because youre stubborn and dont want to admit that you were wrong!

Spikey92

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-05-2013
Med's Done....
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-03-2014
ACS said:
But OMG......how many &(*^^%& Applications did they recieve on Oct.12?!?!?!?!?!?!???? lol
This is what a CIC officer had told me :
Just because the website is stating "working on applications received on October 12th(or whatever date) " doesnt mean that all of the officers are working on these applications and these applications only.
They can only change the date when EVERY SINGLE application received on October 12th and before is finalized and a decision is made. So it is very likely that there is one officer that is still working on an old october application and its taking him long for whatever reason. So THIS ONE application is the reason why the website is still stating october. It does NOT mean that all the other officers arent working on applications received weeks/months after the stated october date.

Hope that helps ;) its made me more optimistic for sure!

fredou

Jul 9, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Spikey92 said:
This is what a CIC officer had told me :
Just because the website is stating "working on applications received on October 12th(or whatever date) " doesnt mean that all of the officers are working on these applications and these applications only.
They can only change the date when EVERY SINGLE application received on October 12th and before is finalized and a decision is made. So it is very likely that there is one officer that is still working on an old october application and its taking him long for whatever reason. So THIS ONE application is the reason why the website is still stating october. It does NOT mean that all the other officers arent working on applications received weeks/months after the stated october date.

Hope that helps ;) its made me more optimistic for sure!
I don't want to be mean, but I think that what the agent told you is pure bull s h i t. When you look at the Excel sheet for 2012 applicant, you can see that they STOPED making decisions for 4 months now. Nobody received any AIP since April 2013. If some agents were working on files after October, some people would have received their AIP.

An other agent told me that they just stoped working on our file to work on other ones and they will probably get back to inland sponshorship soon...

I learned from that : agents are making up stories to get our mouths shut when we call.

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
fredou said:
I don't want to be mean, but I think that what the agent told you is pure bull s h i t. When you look at the Excel sheet for 2012 applicant, you can see that they STOPED making decisions for 4 months now. Nobody received any AIP since April 2013. If some agents were working on files after October, some people would have received their AIP.

An other agent told me that they just stoped working on our file to work on other ones and they will probably get back to inland sponshorship soon...

I learned from that : agents are making up stories to get our mouths shut when we call.
We also have to keep in mind that there are MANY MANY applications sent in a processed for ppl who are not a part of this msg board. It could just be the random selection of ppl who post on here that haven't rec'd anything for a bit. There could be lots of others who are not members here who are getting their AIP's.....

Milena

Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergeville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
Sent with app
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
24-02-2014
I will choose to be optimistic and have faith in CIC officers.

I doubt there's any kind of conspiracy going on with "making up stories to shut us up when we call". That attitude will make me insane - it's not that I'm not impatient, I'm just trying to save my mental health here. It makes perfect sense that they can't change the date on website until all of the applications are processed, so..... Keep calm and have a box of doughnuts. :p

fredou

Jul 9, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Milena said:
I will choose to be optimistic and have faith in CIC officers.

I doubt there's any kind of conspiracy going on with "making up stories to shut us up when we call". That attitude will make me insane - it's not that I'm not impatient, I'm just trying to save my mental health here. It makes perfect sense that they can't change the date on website until all of the applications are processed, so..... Keep calm and have a box of doughnuts. :p
I don't think I'm negative, I just choose to be realistic, and trying to understand why the reasons for the delays the agents give change each time we call...

And btw, I don't think it's a conspiracy... but poor agents, Vegreville don't tell them the reason of the delay... agents just have the same info as us : the delay is 10 months as per the website... So when we try to know why and ask questions, they just make up stories so they can take an other call and move on.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From my Laywer, I rest my case....

I have spent the last half hour or more on the telephone with an agent at the CIC call centre. I explained to her the problem I am having trying to advise my clients in the circumstance that there seems to be no clear statement anywhere about whether someone in your position would have implied status to continue working after the expiry of your IEC permit and until you receive the open work permit submitted with your in-Canada sponsorship application.

First she said you would have implied status, then she read further and said you wouldn't have implied status.

I then explained the circumstances of my client who received the letter (which I sent you) telling him he will have implied status to continue working after the expiry of his IEC permit and until he receives the open work permit submitted with his in-Canada sponsorship application. As his representative, I was able to refer her to his file on her computer, including the letter telling him that he will have implied status. She read the letter and then told me that she would have to consult a more senior authority, and put me on hold.

It took only a few minutes for her to come back with the answer that the officer who wrote the letter to my client is correct. For you the implication is clear: If you submit an open-work permit application with an in-Canada spousal sponsorship/PR application before the expiry of your currently valid IEC permit, you will have implied status to continue working until your PR application has been "approved in principle" and your new open work permit is issued.

The call centre agent told me that as a result of my query, there will be a change in the wording of CIC's statement that holders of IEC open work permits do not benefit from implied status.

Happy ending!