+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

giggles

Aug 29, 2013
Greetings, All!

I have been reading this forum for quite some time and figured I might as well participate.

A little about us--Canadian wife sponsoring American husband of 15 years. We lived in the US for the all of our marriage but I returned home to be close to my family and my husband has joined me here (sweet man). I will spare you the sob story of missing my family over the past decade and a half and my father's failing health. But let me just say I am thrilled to be home again.

Our details are as follows:
Application Sent: May 20th, 2013
AOR: May 30th, 2013
OWP Application: August, 27th, 2013 (thank you for the advice in this forum for getting this in and included as time saver)
Medical: Sent with App
FBI/Police: Sent with App

My husband has had a job offer for 2.5 months already but of course he has to wait for AIP or the LMO/Work Permit track they are trying on their end--this may take much longer than our AIP at this rate.

What I would like to offer up for discussion is the unreasonable burden placed upon family unity during this process. We had very little choice than to file inland as we were not willing to be separated for possibly a year or more as we wait in each of our countries. Or, to do what we have done, risk financial ruin as we wait the many, many months for work authorization. How do people survive those choices in the real world? Is this even taken into consideration by CIC as they snail their way through these applications?

We have been somewhat fortunate as I do have a good job and we have opted to live incredibly small as we wait this out. But we have Canadian children and one American child still in school in the US that also depend on us for support during this time. Just like everyone here, we are real people with real lives to get on with and all the financial obligations that implies. Are only the independently wealthy supposed to even consider immigrating? Are we only to love and marry our own countrymen? What is the message here?

I do understand there has been a great deal of less than above board claims for status based on marriage--but come on! There has to be a more effective way to weed those out and still help legitimate families function in their new country of residence without so much stress. We are coping and we will continue to do so--but for the love of all that is great about my country, I do not understand how they could not fast track a work authorization for family members as they wait for approval --it is just more humane. I live in a city with numerous labour shortages--how can this be harmful? Also, we can pretty much guarantee--my man is staying. We are on a 15 year roll!

Best of luck to everyone and speedy returns.

GatorSPO

Aug 29, 2013
Howdy all. Joining the apparently ever changing inland waiting game, sponsoring my wife.

Included police reports and OWP with app, not medical.

Application sent to Vegreville: July 20, 2013
Application received: July 26, 2013
AOR (via email): August 22, 2013

ECAS went active for my client ID last week showing:

1. We received your application to sponsor <wife's name> on July 26, 2013
2. We started processing your application on August 21, 2013

Now judging by everyone's experiences, we're in for a long haul...

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Welcome on here! Yes you guys are certainly in the waiting game. Hopefully they will pick up the phase and start moving faster - we can only hope. :)

ortom

Feb 19, 2013
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Vegreville /CPC - Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-07-2013
File Transfer...
03-03-2014 to CPC-M
Med's Done....
06-06-2013
Well they must have received a lot of applications on October 12th :p

minime#

Aug 3, 2012
ACS said:
Wow.....what in the world? Are there like 2 ppl that have the job of updating and they are having an argument about the processing time?!? lol

6-10-6-10 in less than 24 hrs.......

Anyways...whoever updates it is not doing their job well...I think once we are done this process, I will apply for a job at CIC and do it PROPERLY for everyone who is counting down and waiting!!! geeeze....
Hahaha that's funny I think d real date is 10 months they're probably just experiencing a glitch or something

fedepinedo

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
Glad that things are moving forward with the AIP

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Aah same here, we are still looking at the same wait but at least it's not getting slower!! Maybe it will actually speed up now!

I went in to check my info so that I could fill in my profile here. Turned out they had written our address all wonky.
I think the mail has still gone through fine, but with the wrong postal code, delays wouldn't surprise me.
Added a phonenumber as well..

Question for people in this thread, as far as traveling goes, has anyone or is anyone planning to do it? I would like to go see my parents who are turning 50 next year. It would be after the AIP is cleared and I would be working (so I would have a bit stronger tie to this country). Is it a completely stupid idea or is it a possibility?

From what I gathered it isn't recommended but they will only stop you if there is an actual problem, rather than just stop you because you have an application going.

Thanks!

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jellyfishy said:
Aah same here, we are still looking at the same wait but at least it's not getting slower!! Maybe it will actually speed up now!

I went in to check my info so that I could fill in my profile here. Turned out they had written our address all wonky.
I think the mail has still gone through fine, but with the wrong postal code, delays wouldn't surprise me.
Added a phonenumber as well..

Question for people in this thread, as far as traveling goes, has anyone or is anyone planning to do it? I would like to go see my parents who are turning 50 next year. It would be after the AIP is cleared and I would be working (so I would have a bit stronger tie to this country). Is it a completely stupid idea or is it a possibility?

From what I gathered it isn't recommended but they will only stop you if there is an actual problem, rather than just stop you because you have an application going.

Thanks!
I think it's a little bit of a gamble personally. I am waiting until I'm landed and got my PR card. I've had one bad experience coming into Calgary once and that tells me I shouldn't leave in case that happens again!

Jellyfishy

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Really? They've never given me trouble except for the first time my husband and I met.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Line.a said:
I think it's a little bit of a gamble personally. I am waiting until I'm landed and got my PR card. I've had one bad experience comi
ng into Calgary once and that tells me I shouldn't leave in case that happens again!
From what I understand, it's always a risk because it is completely up to the immigration officer you get when you enter back into Canada. If you are from a visa exempt country, the chances of being denied entry are slim unless they suspect you will not leave etc etc. My husband and I are going through the same dilemma as his father is very sick and if he passes I know we will leave for his funeral. Thinking about that puts my stomach in knots but I know for a fact my husband would never miss his fathers funeral... he would take the risk and hope the immigration officer has a heart upon his return. We alwaya said we would carry all of our information showing that we did have an application In process if no aip or owp. Also we would ensure we had a legitimate document proving the death.

My husband is from Bahamas which is visa exempt. I remember reading in some other threads that people have travelled sometimes 4-5 times a year during this process with no issues. I believe you could probably get away with that if you are from 1. Visa exempt country 2. Leaving the country BEFORE your 6 month visitor status is up. Truth is, If your stamp on your passport shows you left within the time frame and didn't overstay, immigration officers at the airport really have no way of even knowing you have a PR application. If they ask I wouldn't lie, but no need to give more info than required. The biggest question is what happens of you are from visa exempt country and stay past the 6 month visitor status and then decide to leave the country? It's legal due to having an application processing, but at the airport you'd clearly have to show proof of and ultimately I believe that is when you could run into problems.

These are just things I've gathered throughout months of reading other threads. It's risky and they do not recommend it for inlands apps - however, leaving the country is not illegal!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
For those what want to know about working under "implied status", unless you have a valid work visa at time of application submittal, you will be under "implied work visa status" until PR is completed. This also applied to "visitor visa" and "study visa". However you cannot work while under "implied visitor visa" or "implied study visa".
Nobody is going to stop you from trying to changing your status to work visa status prior to AIP, however that would require you to get a LMO from a employer, a job offer from an employer at employer's cost. So you have very little chance to getting a regular work permit within 6-10 months before you get AIP status. It is almost moot point to apply for work permit while waiting for AIP under inland sponsorship. Too costly and time consuming and effort on employers' part. So you are best to apply for a change in status from study or visitor to OWP after you achieved AIP status. Unfortunately not all work permits have this perk. IEC and Post Graduate Work Permit does not get the "implied status" perk. And since they cannot be extended or renewed, you can only legally work until the day IEC or PGWP expires. If you continue to work beyond the expired dates, you are illegally working, even with a valid "temporary SIN". The temporary SIN is tied to related work with your IEC or PGWP, not to be working elsewhere. After they expired, you are not allowed to continue working.

Screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
For those what want to know about working under "implied status", unless you have a valid work visa at time of application submittal, you will be under "implied work visa status" until PR is completed. This also applied to "visitor visa" and "study visa". However you cannot work while under "implied visitor visa" or "implied study visa".
Nobody is going to stop you from trying to changing your status to work visa status prior to AIP, however that would require you to get a LMO from a employer, a job offer from an employer at employer's cost. So you have very little chance to getting a regular work permit within 6-10 months before you get AIP status. It is almost moot point to apply for work permit while waiting for AIP under inland sponsorship. Too costly and time consuming and effort on employers' part. So you are best to apply for a change in status from study or visitor to OWP after you achieved AIP status. Unfortunately not all work permits have this perk. IEC and Post Graduate Work Permit does not get the "implied status" perk. And since they cannot be extended or renewed, you can only legally work until the day IEC or PGWP expires. If you continue to work beyond the expired dates, you are illegally working, even with a valid "temporary SIN". The temporary SIN is tied to related work with your IEC or PGWP, not to be working elsewhere. After they expired, you are not allowed to continue working.

So until CIC actually change the IEC rules about gaining "implied status" until then, you cannot work beyond the expired IEC visa. Just because the wordings/rules for IEC isn't updated yet or they plan to update it correctly in the future, doesn't give you the right to continue working now until they revise the rules.

Screech339

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jellyfishy said:
Really? They've never given me trouble except for the first time my husband and I met.
Haha you're lucky. Yes first time I went to visit my man I was in big trouble.. I had no idea I was in for such thing, and I've travelled a lot throughout the years. There was one time I spent a couple hours with an officer cause he really was suspicious why I'd travelled home to Denmark and then back again 3 weeks later. With my honesty and keeping myself together I made it through.. barely hahahaha. Oh my goodness it was uncomfortable.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:

So until CIC actually change the IEC rules about gaining "implied status" until then, you cannot work beyond the expired IEC visa. Just because the wordings/rules for IEC isn't updated yet or they plan to update it correctly in the future, doesn't give you the right to continue working now until they revise the rules.

Screech339
And what makes you qualified for that Information, many people have told me that you can still work under the IEC visa, only if you have already submitted your Inland Application and OWP before you're IEC runs out.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jamesdavid3 said:
And what makes you qualified for that Information, many people have told me that you can still work under the IEC visa, only if you have already submitted your Inland Application and OWP before you're IEC runs out.
Why don't you just quit talking about it! everybody else, even people with plenty of knowledge about the system says otherwise. You are the only one who says its allowed. Quit it please, do you want other people to think its ok and possibly jeopardize their situation?