Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Read what PMM says:

2. By the way you are correct, IEC is not extendable, so you can't continue to work under "implied status"

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/restoration-of-status-while-waiting-for-aip-t163164.0.html

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
^Agreed.

If you want to keep working and risk your chances, great, all the best, but stop arguing and putting your non-sense on here.

Thanks,

-the rest of the people here

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok, I am going to stop now, Currently I know 7 people all still working once their IEC expired and are currently waiting for their OWP(we all keep in touch via email). For me they are 7 Testers to see if this will work or not..

Once these people have their PR I will let you all know what a mistake and misguidance you have all lead us on as these 7 people are current Proof that you can still continue and work.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Line.a said:
Read what PMM says:

2. By the way you are correct, IEC is not extendable, so you can't continue to work under "implied status"

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/restoration-of-status-while-waiting-for-aip-t163164.0.html
also to note, that the member PMM has over 16,000 posts and has been online here since 2005...he probably knows just as much if not more than your immigration lawyer.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Jamesdavid3 said:
Ok, I am going to stop now, Currently I know 7 people all still working once their IEC expired and are currently waiting for their OWP(we all keep in touch via email). For me they are 7 Testers to see if this will work or not..

Once these people have their PR I will let you all know what a mistake and misguidance you have all lead us on as these 7 people are current Proof that you can still continue and work.

I have nothing against you at all, just the fact that you keep this argument on and on. It's unnecessary I think. Are you one of the working then while having a PR and pending OWP.. Or what?

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:

I'm not a rude person and don't rarely go off like this, but I don't see how Canada will ever benefit from an attitude like yours.

PS, anyone can continue to work as long as they had a visa. My PGWP expired and I could have kept working because I sent my PR application and OWP before PGWP expired. But it's working illegal that's the issue. Tons of people work illegal all the time, I'm sure there are way more than 7 people doing it...and you very well could be in for a rude awakening one day my friend.

rorodegdeg

Jul 22, 2013
Line.a is right Jamesdavid3, you should let it go and keep it for yourself. People make choice for life and it is dangerous to divugalte these kind of vital information.
I don't know or have the knowledge to judge who is right but I make the mistake to trust people who say it was legal to work after the IEC before heard about the opposite after the end of my IEC visa.
And now I'm a little affraid because 80% percent of the time I can read that it is not possible.
It's too late for me so I decide to continue to work and see what happens.
It's quite funny because before been aware of the non-right to work after IEC, I've been correct with my employer, told him about my legal situation and gave him all the papers needed and asked by him. It was okay for him !

I'm a little angry against CIC, they should made that point clear with something telling that it doesn't work even if you are applying for a sponsorship.
Because that's the problem, I think everybody knows that you just can't have implied status after an IEC for a "basic" PR application but it's less clear when it concerns sponsorship and they spoke about "keeping your previous legal status".
I'm pretty sure they often got this problem and question about that, so why don't make it clear ...

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
My partner and I often talked about how they don't make anything clear at all. I Guess we are all required to call the call centre in case we aren't sure what's going on. But quite frankly I have noticed a fair amount of people getting all sorts of different answers so I don't even bother calling if that's the case. It only makes sense that an IEC is non extendable. It's a one year visa, it's an international experience Canada it's not supposed to work so people kinda "mis use" it by thinking its alright to apply and go ahead work one year and then think they can continue if they go ahead and apply for an OWP and inland PR. Get a real work visa that is meant for it, which requires a little more like LMO. Only makes sense.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Should I add that the fact that we would be working illegally, take other jobs for Canadians, when really we are on implied status.

rorodegdeg

Jul 22, 2013
Line.a said:
My partner and I often talked about how they don't make anything clear at all. I Guess we are all required to call the call centre in case we aren't sure what's going on. But quite frankly I have noticed a fair amount of people getting all sorts of different answers so I don't even bother calling if that's the case. It only makes sense that an IEC is non extendable. It's a one year visa, it's an international experience Canada it's not supposed to work so people kinda "mis use" it by thinking its alright to apply and go ahead work one year and then think they can continue if they go ahead and apply for an OWP and inland PR. Get a real work visa that is meant for it, which requires a little more like LMO. Only makes sense.
I'm okay with the second part but you point one of the big problem !
If when you call the CIC (I dit it twice and they tell me it is okay), THE place to get all your answer, to do the thing RIGHT, to help you to take the GOOD choice, they misguide you, I think we've got a problem.
It sounds logical for you because you studied, read a lot on the subject imo (I could be wrong), but for most of the people it is easy to mix IEC with a work permit seeing that you can work with an IEC ...
If when you call they just told you IEC is this this and this so you can or cannot do that, it will make life "easier" for everybody.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Yup.
Oh man I miss NHL. Can't wait.. 1 month to go! Then there is something to keep occupied with while waiting for AIP! :) :)

rorodegdeg

Jul 22, 2013
Line.a said:
Yup.
Oh man I miss NHL. Can't wait.. 1 month to go! Then there is something to keep occupied with while waiting for AIP! :) :)
Don't talk about that.
I'm fed up to turn on the TV and fall on this crappy baseball :'( (I won't have many friends after this :D )
At least Soccer began and Football season is underway !

CANUSA31

Star Member
Dec 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
AOR Received.
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
05-01-2013
^^ Yes! Can't wait either. Go Oilers! :-*

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
rorodegdeg said:
Don't talk about that.
I'm fed up to turn on the TV and fall on this crappy baseball :'( (I won't have many friends after this :D )
At least Soccer began and Football season is underway !
I wanna add a few jerseys to the collection so I can hang them up on the wall.. But no money at all since we aren't allowed to work baha! AIP we need you!! I have no knowledge about NFL but I won a mini bet the other day 1st try $60 win! I was so happy I couldn't believe it lol. Soccer is so European its a gong show lol.

Haha I know how you feel. This month may be dragging. I am so stoked. :)

rorodegdeg

Jul 22, 2013
Line.a said:
Should I add that the fact that we would be working illegally, take other jobs for Canadians, when really we are on implied status.
I know I'm guilty, misguided or no you have to know the rules.
But now I'm quite stuck.
Got a baby recently, and have so much trouble to find a real job when I landed here than if I will consider to give up and be back to my country if I have to stop working.