Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
God be with us said:
Alright guys......here's n update......

Just now my husband received and email from CIC confirming that they have received our application.....
It says they received it on the 15 th July 2013.....thankfully.....

Well just wondering if I would also receive an email for an AOR??

Thanks
The email you received stating they got your application is your AOR. It SHOULD have your husbands UCI number with it and from that, you can begin checking on ecas for when they actually start processing your applicaton.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Krinaaa said:
im wondering how it works they received my package on 12 july and i didnt receive any email or mail :(
They signed for the package on that date, doesn't mean they have physically opened the package yet to peek at the contents. When they do that, that is when they may or may not send you an AOR. I think they try for the most part, but sometimes it doesn't happen. Just keep an eye out for it in your email if you listed one on your paperwork.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Mrs_Canuck said:
... While we're on the subject of driver's licenses... Hubby's G2 class DL is about to expire. He wants to take the G test before it does but we're wondering if he's able to go and do that while he's on implied status?
Yes he can. It is not related at all. I went for my G1 and all they ask for was my passport and I am on implied status already, and he has a g2 already it will be easier

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
OMG... I'm so :(....
Looking at CIC now the waiting time changed to 10 months (initial assessment).
I got AOR March 5th. I was waiting for sept 5th. Even though I knew it wasn't going to make a difference at least it made me feel a little closer. but now I guess it changes up to Jan 5th. How depressing it's that.

Tomorrow it's mother's day in Costa Rica and it breaks my heart :(... Not to be there with my mom and my grandma..!!

I too have tried to just forget about it but I haven't been able too.... I guess I better get on with it and just let time go by....

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Since I haven't got a drivers license at all would I (with a pending OWP) Be able to apply for a learned and take a theory test?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Happywife08 said:
I got AOR March 5th. I was waiting for sept 5th. Even though I knew it wasn't going to make a difference at least it made me feel a little closer. but now I guess it changes up to Jan 5th. How depressing it's that.

Tomorrow it's mother's day in Costa Rica and it breaks my heart :(... Not to be there with my mom and my grandma..!!

I too have tried to just forget about it but I haven't been able too.... I guess I better get on with it and just let time go by....
I hear ya.. I'm missing out big family arrangements. With no work and no OWP I don't see myself go home and see my family before late 2014!! Sad beyond compare...

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Happywife08 said:

Feliz Dia De Madres Tica!! ;)

(Mi esposo es Tico) :)

Best wishes for a quick response and processing for you!!

We never know...maybe soon it will switch to 4 months.... ;D

meandmyson

Star Member
Sep 8, 2012
Pleaseee someone help us

we had submitted my husband's sponsorship application (Outland) on 5th July 2013, it was rejected due to missing latest tax assessment (option C).
then we resubmitted with latest Option C on 9th Aug. Now since he has a work permit from his company and an oppurtinity has come to him to travel to Canada.

We are so much confused on few things and cannot afford any more waiting or get the sponsorship process delayed. Need help on below please.

1. He is planning to travel to Canada in september - If he does so, should or can we change from outland to Inland? What you would suggest?
2. We are worried that if we convert it - it will take tooooo long for the inland process to happen, visa to come through Inland.
3. Let's say if he comes to Canada during this process of outland, and if we go for an appeal for Inland - can he apply for an open work permit here in Canada (keeping in mind that his current work permit from his current compnay will expire in March) .
4. Need a suggestion from anybody that if he can apply for a open work permit (once his current work permit given from his company expires) while he is in Canada to remain in Canada until he gets visa thorugh inland.

I know this strike is killing all of you and will be more delayed. I just want to know how you all guys are residing in Canada by applying through inland - what is the permit to stay ??
Are you all working or studying - just want to know this because if my husband can apply for a work permit once his current work permit expires in March to stay back in the country??? ??
One my husband enters, can he get a open work permit to live here with me in the country??? - Pleaseeeeereply.

please please please help us as we need to make teh decision soon whether to just stick with outland or if he comes to Canada can he apply for a open work permit hold his UCI number (as may get that since we have submitted the outland applications now)!

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Ariandel

Aug 28, 2012
Regarding driver's licenses, since I had to deal with mine...

There is no correlation between the immigration stuff and having a driver's licence in Canada. For some countries you can simply exchange your current one for a Canadian license. Right at first you can are allowed to drive for, if I remember correctly, the first three months of your stay - then you need to have a local license.

Coming from Greece I couldn't simply exchange it. So normally I'd need to go through the steps anyone has to, i.e. get the G1, wait a year, get the G2, etc. However since I had 17 years of experience driving, I got to have my embassy provide me with an official statement saying I'm a driver in good standing. That let me take the written test (which gives you a G1, meaning you can't be on a 4xx highway or drive without another driver in the car), then almost immediately take the road test.

Passing it gives you a full G license.

The whole thing cost something like... $140 or so, including the written and road test. If anyone has questions please feel free to ask.

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
ACS said:
Feliz Dia De Madres Tica!! ;)

(Mi esposo es Tico) :)

Best wishes for a quick response and processing for you!!

We never know...maybe soon it will switch to 4 months.... ;D
Yeah I saw your post on the Costa Rican Topic... Feliz dia a mi mami.. :0(

That's great... I really hope so.... you never know ;)

Wish you the best on your application guys...
Pura Vida...

Happywife08

Dec 19, 2012
Category........
Line.a said:
I hear ya.. I'm missing out big family arrangements. With no work and no OWP I don't see myself go home and see my family before late 2014!! Sad beyond compare...
I know it's pretty sad.... well just wait I guess and hope it pays off...

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
meandmyson said:
Pleaseee someone help us

we had submitted my husband's sponsorship application (Outland) on 5th July 2013, it was rejected due to missing latest tax assessment (option C).
then we resubmitted with latest Option C on 9th Aug. Now since he has a work permit from his company and an oppurtinity has come to him to travel to Canada.

We are so much confused on few things and cannot afford any more waiting or get the sponsorship process delayed. Need help on below please.

1. He is planning to travel to Canada in september - If he does so, should or can we change from outland to Inland? What you would suggest?
2. We are worried that if we convert it - it will take tooooo long for the inland process to happen, visa to come through Inland.
3. Let's say if he comes to Canada during this process of outland, and if we go for an appeal for Inland - can he apply for an open work permit here in Canada (keeping in mind that his current work permit from his current compnay will expire in March) .
4. Need a suggestion from anybody that if he can apply for a open work permit (once his current work permit given from his company expires) while he is in Canada to remain in Canada until he gets visa thorugh inland.

I know this strike is killing all of you and will be more delayed. I just want to know how you all guys are residing in Canada by applying through inland - what is the permit to stay ??
Are you all working or studying - just want to know this because if my husband can apply for a work permit once his current work permit expires in March to stay back in the country??? ??
One my husband enters, can he get a open work permit to live here with me in the country??? - Pleaseeeeereply.

please please please help us as we need to make teh decision soon whether to just stick with outland or if he comes to Canada can he apply for a open work permit hold his UCI number (as may get that since we have submitted the outland applications now)!

Thanks in advance!!!!!
To be able to be on implied status for inland applications you'd need to send an OWP (open work permit) along with it to Vegreville. Unless having a work permit that can be extended then you can continue to work. But I believe most don't work, no. You can also enter Canada and extend the stay online to be on the safe side.

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Krinaaa said:
im wondering how it works they received my package on 12 july and i didnt receive any email or mail :(
Hi,
I guess, u should also receive the mail soon since it seems they are opening the July applications.....

Take care

God bless us all.......

God be with us

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with application
Interview........
Thankfully not reqrd
VISA ISSUED...
13-6-2014
LANDED..........
24-6-2014
Alurra71 said:
The email you received stating they got your application is your AOR. It SHOULD have your husbands UCI number with it and from that, you can begin checking on ecas for when they actually start processing your applicaton.
Hi Alurra71,

Yep....agreed but was just wondering if I would also be getting any mail for AOR. But, feeling little better after my received the AOR.

Thanks

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
niks1 said:
On a positive note, CIC will update the date tomorrow and hopefully it will move forward. Who knows, maybe some of our friends on this forum who applied last year may get a positive response from them.
Is it supposed to update every Thursday then??

Still showing the same day (Oct.12) to me.....*sigh*

I suppose it was too much to hope it would jump up a bunch the day after I send mine in...lol ::)