+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@Kollins

are you sure DD can be cancelled easily without returning the original instrument, when it has not expired? I dont think so.

I think inability to cancel the DD without returning the original instrument is the reason for its popularity. Any Banker here?????????

kollins said:
Definately....you will be charged twice but i'm sure there is a way you can avoid it.
Leave one week in between when you will send the package.
Once your CC gets charged for the first application,you can go ahead to inform your bank to deny any transaction in the following days.....or simply withdraw your fund from the account so that it will be empty.....That way,when its time to charge CC for the 2nd application,it will have payment issues and will be surely returned.
I will advice you to make CC for one application and DD for the second application.
DD can easily been cancelled once you provide the details to your bank.
Cheers!

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Zahid_Uttara said:
How can i know for a particular job category is fulfilled or what portion of quota is remaining?
The only way to know for sure is when CIC updates their web site, but they are always behind in updating it. Everything else is an educated guess. The spreadsheet for this forum offers some data.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vvv said:
Hello seniors,

Do I need to notarise self declared affirmation for job responsibilities ? Its been only 5 months that I joined a new company and my employer is not willing to provide me an experience letter.

Suggestions will be highly appreciated.
You should notarize it, but self-attestation should be the absolute last resort. Can you get your supervisor or a colleague who knows your duties to provide a letter?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cool_India said:
Dear Seniors,

I have couple of questions, please reply!

1. Do as a PA, I need to send the educational documents (copies) with the WES report?

2. Do my spouse as dependent also need to send the educational documents (copies)?

Thanks,
Look at the checklist, it will answer your questions.

1. Not sure what you mean. You do need to provide copies of your degrees/certificates along with the WES report.

2. No.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xXCiscoGuyXx said:
EVERYBODY needs to send in WES credentials to show Canadian equivalency if the education was not attained in Canada.
If you want to get points education, you should.
Not the spouse though

kollins

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Lagos-Nigeria.
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
2113(Geoscientist)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2014
Doc's Request.
IMM5406,IMM5669&PCC.
Nomination.....
May,2014
AOR Received.
May,2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
File Transfer...
May,2014
Med's Request
October,2014
Med's Done....
November,2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November,2014
VISA ISSUED...
November,2014
LANDED..........
shah2014 said:
@ Kollins

are you sure DD can be cancelled easily without returning the original instrument, when it has not expired? I dont think so.

I think inability to cancel the DD without returning the original instrument is the reason for its popularity. Any Banker here?????????
Yes....it can be cancelled.
At worst....you will be asked for Police report that it got lost plus an affidavit.....trust me,it will be cancelled.....others are easier to cancel.
I'm speaking for experience.

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
I went to ICICI Bank today and I was told that Demand Drafts would be valid only for 3 months. To all those folks who are using DD as mode of payment, how you managed to get 6 months validity DD. Is there any special instruction that I need to convey to the Bank

CanDoIt

Apr 30, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 Re-Applied: 20-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015 Third Line: 14-04-2015
Interview........
Waived By God's Grace!
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
Late July or Early August
viveksharma said:
I went to ICICI Bank today and I was told that Demand Drafts would be valid only for 3 months. To all those folks who are using DD as mode of payment, how you managed to get 6 months validity DD. Is there any special instruction that I need to convey to the Bank
I went through the same pain...finally I found a solution with Thomas Cook

TC issues a DD that is local (their local branch in Canada)...try with Thomas Cook and it comes with no validity mentioned (good for 6 months) :)

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harsh5 said:
Guys, Bank statements of how many months do we need to send along with the application.
In documents checklist, its written either current bank certification letter or evidence of savings balance or fixed/time deposit statements.
So is it mandatory to get bank statements or just one statement showing the current balance is enough?
We are a family of 3 so the required funds are $18,097. I have about $20,500. But can we also show the gold. I am thinking to prepare a CA report which shows our total worth. Is this the correct way of showing gold's worth or is their any other way?
Also the Bank statement would be in Indian Rupees. Do i just convert the sum into CAD$ myself online or do i have to convert it by certified individual before writing it in the form.
Sorry for the long query, I am quite confused at the moment.
You need to provide three financial numbers: total assets, total liabilities and settlement funds.

Your gold is certainly an asset, so you should include it as an asset, but not as settlement funds as it is not a liquid asset (unless it is not held physically but say in an account where it can be quickly sold).

To convert to CAD, just use a reliable source of conversion rate info (including regarding the price of gold) on the date of the applicable statement. Include a printout of the source of the information.

CIC doesn't specify how many months to send or exactly what is acceptable and what isn't. I provided one month's bank statements or screen shots of online securities trading accounts and the like. If your local VO wants more, they will ask for it. As long as you show something that is accurate and believable it will not be a problem for you, you will at least get to the local VO where they may ask for further proof.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xXCiscoGuyXx said:
How does CIC operate?

1) CIO Sydney – Completeness check
Once your application arrives at CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada the first thing that happens is it will undergo a completeness check. This check will ensure:
- That you have included all required forms
- That any forms which have space for a signature have been signed and dated
- That you have not left any blank fields
- That you have included the correct payment fee
- That you have included all supporting documents required by both the main CIO checklist, and the visa-office specific checklist

If unsuccessful your entire application will be returned to you by regular post with a covering letter. You will not get an email notification from CIO.

2) CIO Sydney – Payment charged
If your completeness check is successful your payment will be taken. This means CIO will attempt to charge your credit card, or they will cash your banker's draft, depending on which method of payment you chose.

I would personally strongly advise using a banker's draft if possible. These are like personal cheques but they are guaranteed to clear so there can be no payment problems. Most banks will usually charge a small fee for issuing one of these.

Credit cards can be risky. Many banks and credit card issuers use automated security software and when the software sees the source from Canada it may block the transaction, which in turn could lead to your application failing and being returned.

If your payment is unsuccessful your entire application will be returned to you by regular post with a covering letter. You will not get an email notification from CIO.

I guess up until the payment charged would be applicable to us for PNP and the rest of the information is application to FSW
Great info, I suggest also providing links when you find them so people can read everything for themselves.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
immigrationland said:
Proof of funds - FSW

1. Is Fixed Deposit (FD) of 1 year maturity date is acceptable ( or should i need to make FD for 3/6 months and renew it)

2. Is a new FD of 15 days is acceptable of I need to have FD for 3/6 months old

3. If using bank statement, is 2 months old bank statement is acceptable or not.

Which one would be better option for proof of funds

Seniors plz advice.

Thanks
1. Fixed deposit of any duration is acceptable provided that it can be withdraw any time.
2. 15 days FD is acceptable but better to have 3/6 months old to prove that you have not suddenly borrow money and make the deposit.
3. Any bank statement is acceptable; however, it is better to provide 3 month statement for current/saving account just to show your money has not been deposited recently and your average balance is similar without great fluctuation.

All of them are equally acceptable.

sandy27

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
16-04-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
kollin is right about cancellation of DD without presenting original one. i had this experience.

shah2014

May 1, 2014
App. Filed.......
h
@ Kollins

Well, yes its can be reported LOST, but while denying the payment for DD, bank will inform CIC that it is REPORTED as LOST so CAN'T be encashed and CIC will come to know that u provided a false affidavit to prove it LOST.

You can well imagine the consequences. Sending it to CIC is not similar to LOSSING it, unless someone else snatchs it from u and send for his application! or u get CAP filled information and you are afraid that it may get lost in "regular mail"!

Stopping CC payment is pretty straight fwd, u just don't want it to be processed and in most cases there will be no limit available if first transaction amount has not been paid, so second transaction will not go through.

So, i will suggest using CC for both or atleast second application.

kollins said:
Yes....it can be cancelled.
At worst....you will be asked for Police report that it got lost plus an affidavit.....trust me,it will be cancelled.....others are easier to cancel.
I'm speaking for experience.

nithyaindia

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO File Transfered toColombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2014
Nomination.....
19-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
11-06-2015
viveksharma said:
Local validity is 3 months, for International DD its 6 month, I have taken DD from ICICI this year as well as last year. Last year i cant make within the cap, I have cancelled my DD without having DD original after 4 months. So dont worrry

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xXCiscoGuyXx said:
How does CIC operate?

1) CIO Sydney – Completeness check
Once your application arrives at CIO, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada the first thing that happens is it will undergo a completeness check. This check will ensure:
- That you have included all required forms
- That any forms which have space for a signature have been signed and dated
- That you have not left any blank fields
- That you have included the correct payment fee
- That you have included all supporting documents required by both the main CIO checklist, and the visa-office specific checklist

If unsuccessful your entire application will be returned to you by regular post with a covering letter. You will not get an email notification from CIO.

2) CIO Sydney – Payment charged
If your completeness check is successful your payment will be taken. This means CIO will attempt to charge your credit card, or they will cash your banker's draft, depending on which method of payment you chose.

I would personally strongly advise using a banker's draft if possible. These are like personal cheques but they are guaranteed to clear so there can be no payment problems. Most banks will usually charge a small fee for issuing one of these.

Credit cards can be risky. Many banks and credit card issuers use automated security software and when the software sees the source from Canada it may block the transaction, which in turn could lead to your application failing and being returned.

If your payment is unsuccessful your entire application will be returned to you by regular post with a covering letter. You will not get an email notification from CIO.

I guess up until the payment charged would be applicable to us for PNP and the rest of the information is application to FSW
I've never seen a visa-office specific checklist. Which offices have them and where can we find them?

Status
Not open for further replies.