+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Willow05 said:
Hi all.. I am new to this forum.

I just got my WES evaluation report today.

I am a registered nurse in the Philippines with 4 years experience. I know i can get 19 points for my education as "2-year diploma post secondary education" equivalent in canada. My problem is, the report says "Major/specialization: NURSING ASSISTANT" where, in fact, I am a REGISTERED NURSE. I am applying for the NOC-registered nurse for fswp 2014. Will this disqualify me?

I have an aunt in canada who got her visa through fsw program back in 2009 as a registered nurse. Back then, CIC do not require an ECA so she got in.. But if they do, I believe she and many other fellow nurses will have a similar WES evaluation result.

To become a nurse in the Philippines, we only need 6 years elementary education + 4 years secondary education + 4 years bachelor's degree education. Total: 14 years

Compared to canada: they need a total of 16 years of education to become a nurse.

However, this quote from CIC website Worries me...
"your ECA report must show that your foreign education credentials are equal to the Canadian credentials needed to practice that occupation in Canada."

I hope this will not disqualify me in the fswp. Any advice?

WES report as follows:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1 Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2008
Awarded by: (Name of school deleted)
Institution Status: Recognized
Admission requirements: Completion of ten years of primary and secondary education
Length of program: Four years
Major/Specialization: Nursing Assistant
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of secondary school education and Diploma (two years)

Anybody could shed light? Thank you so much!
I don't know about this specifically but if you feel your credential was assessed inaccurately you can contact WES to explain to them and they may correct it.

RBT

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

few clarifications required.

1. will spouse account statement [if spouse is included in the application] is good as proof of fund? does it need to be attached with a forwarding letter? appreciate some guidance.
2. how do we get copy of IELTS test results? local BC says they only give one copy and if needed they send copies as instructed against fees
3. do i need to notarized all photocopies/all pages?

Not using any agent so some expert guidance will be very appreciated.

rgds

divyangpatel

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2133 (Electrical Engr)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd JULY 2014
Nomination.....
28th OCT 2014 (PER RECEIVED)
IELTS Request
Submited with application
File Transfer...
23 JAN 2015
Med's Request
06 FEB 2015
Med's Done....
02 MARCH 2015 & 19 JUNE 2015(New Born)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
AUG 2015
LANDED..........
Planned in FEB-2016
Hi...
My spouse was born in UAE and her birth certi was issued by Indian Ambassy Dubai..

Her name mentioned in BC is Patel Nilam Mukeshbhai...

I am also going to send her 10 th standard marksheet as DOB proof..her name in marksheet written as Patel Nilam Mukeshbhai...

I am going to send marksheet as i heard that cic does not accept BC issued by Indian Ambassy...

I have also search about how to obtain BC from my home country if the birth is from outiside country but nobody knows about the procedure about the same...

What should i do now???

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have just received a note from my bank saying that they are terminating the service with the Royal Bank of Canada by end of June, which is the bank my draft was issued by. I don't know what to do, has anyone had such a case ?

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
RBT said:
Hi friends,

1. will spouse account statement [if spouse is included in the application] is good as proof of fund? does it need to be attached with a forwarding letter? appreciate some guidance.
2. how do we get copy of IELTS test results? local BC says they only give one copy and if needed they send copies as instructed against fees

rgds
1. Yes
2. Show them the URL that mentions that you are entitled for 2 TRFs. Show them the proof that last time you applied and this time again u are applying.
3.No need to notarize the photocopies if they are in English.

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
RBT said:
Hi friends,

rgds
Please see the answers below:

1. Yes, it is as good as your. There is no discremination. No forwarding is required. However, you can prepare a summay statement of settlement fund where you can show what you own and what she owns, the local currency value, and the respective canadian value.

2. See at the link here http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/test_takers_faqs/test_results.aspx

How many Test Report Forms (TRFs) am I entitled to?
You will only receive one (1) copy of your Test Report Form, unless you are applying to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), or United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA) – in these cases, you can receive two. Proof of application to CIC and UKBA must be provided.

3. It is not mandatory, but if you want, yes you can.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
I have had my education outside Canada, so I need an ECA for sure.

But my question is that would it suffice for me to get the ECA for my highest qualification (PhD) alone ? Or that it is required to get all the previous degrees included in ECA ?

Thanks

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bondo2 said:
I have just received a note from my bank saying that they are terminating the service with the Royal Bank of Canada by end of June, which is the bank my draft was issued by. I don't know what to do, has anyone had such a case ?
If your DD has already been issued, the funds are already out of your account and RBC is required to honor the DD. I think this announcement by your bank is forward-looking. It shouldn't affect DDs already issued. Not to worry.

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nskatcv said:
I have had my education outside Canada, so I need an ECA for sure.

But my question is that would it suffice for me to get the ECA for my highest qualification (PhD) alone ? Or that it is required to get all the previous degrees included in ECA ?

Thanks
Only highest degree is required.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
Only highest degree is required.
Thanks future_canadian for a quick response. That saves me a load of time and trouble.

I couldn't find this written explicitly on the CIC website.

Another quick question if I may ask is that for expecting points of adaptability (where in spouse's education is mentioned), is it mandatory to get an ECA for her education as well ? Or that is also not necessary.

Thanks

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally have a question of my own.

I wonder how extensive are the background checks CIC and the local VOs run. For example thanks to Edward Snowden we all know the US NSA can know everything you are doing all the time by phone, internet, or any electronic means. Does Canada do something like this for PR applicants, really invading your privacy?

I am not trying to hide anything but I write private e-mails to my friends and family and I would not like anyone to be reading those. Or maybe I have looked at the occasional dirty picture on the internet... :eek:

Kumar2k1

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
06-03-2015
Hi guys,

When can we expect CIC to post the first round of number of applications received for each NOC category?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nskatcv said:
Thanks future_canadian for a quick response. That saves me a load of time and trouble.

I couldn't find this written explicitly on the CIC website.

Another quick question if I may ask is that for expecting points of adaptability (where in spouse's education is mentioned), is it mandatory to get an ECA for her education as well ? Or that is also not necessary.

Thanks
You can only get adaptability points for a spouse's previous study in Canada. If the study was in Canada, a copy of the transcript is sufficient, no ECA necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.