+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
Century said:
Really sorry to hear it. +1 for sharing it.

1. Please check here for 2nd copiesof IELTS http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/test_takers_faqs/test_results.aspx

How many Test Report Forms (TRFs) am I entitled to?
You will only receive one (1) copy of your Test Report Form, unless you are applying to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), or United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA) – in these cases, you can receive two. Proof of application to CIC and UKBA must be provided.

2. There is no format. Just contact a certified translator. He will translate word for word. You have to notarize photocopy of the original, and notarize original translated document, and an affidevit from translator that he translated it truly.

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.
Thanks Century for the detailed explanation!
+1

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
CanDoIt said:
Hey max ash, When did you receive your application back? did you apply under FSW2014?
2014 applicant. Application was sent on 2May.... received back around 29 June.

gs123

May 2, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
04-07-2014
Med's Done....
14-08-2014
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
31-08-2014
Max_ash said:
First of all... I am the unlucky applicant who got his application sent back due to a BC issue.

To all applicants, please make sure if you are sending your 10th marksheet as BC.... Make sure it has your name, your parents name explicitly and your DBO.
Mine had my faterh's name as my middle name and THAT WILL BE REJECTED.

Please get a affidavit if you don't have one.

FEW QUESTIONS:
After lots of research and digging over several forms.... I am still not sure if I know the correct answers for few questions.
I really appreciate if anyone can put their thoughts on my questions below:

1. Does anyone know how to get a copy of your IELTS results. I have read some forums saying call the center and they will ask you to send you FSW application to them and then IELTS folks will include a copy of IELTS in your package.... Is that true?? Cant I just request a copy mailed to myself?
2. I can get my Birth certificate from my home country but it will in regional language. Does anyone know the format in which I should get it converted into English and should it be notarized too??
Century said:
Really sorry to hear it. +1 for sharing it.

1. Please check here for 2nd copiesof IELTS http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/test_takers_faqs/test_results.aspx

How many Test Report Forms (TRFs) am I entitled to?
You will only receive one (1) copy of your Test Report Form, unless you are applying to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), or United Kingdom Border Agency (UKBA) – in these cases, you can receive two. Proof of application to CIC and UKBA must be provided.

2. There is no format. Just contact a certified translator. He will translate word for word. You have to notarize photocopy of the original, and notarize original translated document, and an affidevit from translator that he translated it truly.

Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document.

Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature.
I requested IELTS Center in USA (where I wrote the test) by email to send me another copy of my results card. They charged me $35 for this and said I can order more by paying $35 for each. They sent by ordinary post (may have been lost on the way coz I did not receive it). Likewise, check with your IELTS center and (I recommend) pay extra to have it sent to you by registered post/courier. Good luck!

CanDoIt

Apr 30, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 Re-Applied: 20-08-2014
Nomination.....
09-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015 Third Line: 14-04-2015
Interview........
Waived By God's Grace!
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
LANDED..........
Late July or Early August
Max_ash said:
2014 applicant. Application was sent on 2May.... received back around 29 June.
Just curious, had you applied before...or is this your first time?

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
gs123 said:
I requested IELTS Center in USA (where I wrote the test) by email to send me another copy of my results card. They charged me $35 for this and said I can order more by paying $35 for each. They sent by ordinary post (may have been lost on the way coz I did not receive it). Likewise, check with your IELTS center and (I recommend) pay extra to have it sent to you by registered post/courier. Good luck!

Thanks gs123!!!!

You have been of great help. Thanks for taking over the phone too!!
+1

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
CanDoIt said:
Just curious, had you applied before...or is this your first time?
First time.

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Max_ash said:
First of all... I am the unlucky applicant who got his application sent back due to a BC issue.

To all applicants, please make sure if you are sending your 10th marksheet as BC.... Make sure it has your name, your parents name explicitly and your DBO.
Mine had my faterh's name as my middle name and THAT WILL BE REJECTED.

Please get a affidavit if you don't have one.

FEW QUESTIONS:
After lots of research and digging over several forms.... I am still not sure if I know the correct answers for few questions.
I really appreciate if anyone can put their thoughts on my questions below:

1. Does anyone know how to get a copy of your IELTS results. I have read some forums saying call the center and they will ask you to send you FSW application to them and then IELTS folks will include a copy of IELTS in your package.... Is that true?? Cant I just request a copy mailed to myself?
2. I can get my Birth certificate from my home country but it will in regional language. Does anyone know the format in which I should get it converted into English and should it be notarized too??

Dear Brother,

Its not matter...

u are lucky in a sense tht u have still enough time to be on the CAP...CIC seems more active in FSW14....

So just get ur application with required correction (I guess u have already suggested what u have to do....:) )

Good luck and praying for ur success for the next application.... :)

+1 for sharing....:)

mansan87

May 9, 2014
future_canadian said:
Not from India, sorry can't help you there.
Hi..can do it from any nationalised bank..names like ICICI, Axis, HDFC, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Indian Bank, Yes Bank

Anil Ch

May 4, 2014
Hi Buddy,

Thanks for valuable information. I have one more query. The quota has been started from may 1st 2014. For this we need to courier on may 1st 2014 only (or) we can courier few days before like 28th April 2014 also. So that it can be reached by may 1st 2014.

Why i am asking is my consultancy people told me that the stamp date on the courier should be may 1st 2014 only. If not they will accept. How far it is true. Kindly let me know the fact. In future it will be helpful to my friends as well. Thanks.

Regards,
Anil. Ch

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
future_canadian said:
Very interesting. Most PNP streams that I have seen require that you live in the province for some time prior to nomination. I was considering one of the BC PNP streams but at first you are only issued a work permit and then after 2-3 years you are nominated to CIC for PR. So despite what posters usually tell people who ask about whether they can move around--that the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees you the right to live anywhere in the country--if you don't fulfill the PNP's requirements for nomination you will find yourself with no PR and unable to stay in Canada. So people better be willing to live in NS for awhile I guess...
Yes, I believe Nova Scotia's PNP worked that way before the "Community Identified Stream" was replaced with the new "Regional Labour Market Demand" stream. The former required that you demonstrate already existing strong ties to a Nova Scotia community. This requirement was eliminated on the introduction of the latter.

Although it is true that you can move "freely" once you obtain Canadian Permanent Resident status through the PNP, it might be seen as misrepresenting if upon getting PR, you didn't even land in Nova Scotia at all, or landed and got the formalities out of the way and immediately moved away. You would have to show that you made a genuine attempt to settle in the province before deciding to move away. No one is sure how long would be seen as staying long enough, with some suggesting at least 6 months to a year. But considering that you may be living for that long without a proper job, if any at all, I can see those settlement funds quickly becoming depleted.

I ultimately decided I didn't want to take that chance. Who knows, if I am successful in the FSW process, I may even end up in Nova Scotia - at least it would be MY choice :).

Century

VIP Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-09-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
04-11-2014
Passport Req..
05-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2014
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
Anil Ch said:
Hi Buddy,

Thanks for valuable information. I have one more query. The quota has been started from may 1st 2014. For this we need to courier on may 1st 2014 only (or) we can courier few days before like 28th April 2014 also. So that it can be reached by may 1st 2014.

Why i am asking is my consultancy people told me that the stamp date on the courier should be may 1st 2014 only. If not they will accept. How far it is true. Kindly let me know the fact. In future it will be helpful to my friends as well. Thanks.

Regards,
Anil. Ch
Your consultant is wrong. Does not matter, when the applicaton has been sent, it got to be received on or after 1st May to be candidate of FSW2014.

obryan20

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
09-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
17-Sep-2014
Med's Request
30-Sep-2014
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
14-Oct-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
7-Jan-2015
future_canadian said:
aish19 said:
CAN U KINDLY HELP. I AM WORKING UNDER MY HUSBAND AT HIS FIRM. I AM APPLYING FOR PR .CAN I GET REFERENCE FROM MY HUSBAND OR SHOULD I GET FROM THIRD PARTY. PLEASE HELP
<giggle>

Is your husband the owner and CEO/big boss, or does "his firm" mean the company he works for?

If there is someone not related to you who is in a position to know your duties it may be better to obtain a letter from that person. Letters written by family members may be less credible and will probably be subject to closer scrutiny/verification.
^ :D

See where your mind went. Funny! I didn't even realize until you pointed it out.

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Indian Applicants who need copy of IELTS,

Guys it is very much possible to get a copy of IELTS. You need to fill up form for request for additional TRF (google the form), show them the proof that you have applied for previous Fsw and did not get back your package that had original score and need to pay INR 1750/-. Talk to their call center and follow with them madly. make all noises. even threaten them to sue quoting the URL that mentions that it is their own policy to issue additional TRF for CIC. Make all right noises and you will definitely get it.

considering the fact that booking a closer test date is difficult, please try hard for additional TRF.

megalomax

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Philippines
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
7/07/2012
Doc's Request.
21/07/2014
AOR Received.
23/03/2018
Med's Request
16/07/2018
Med's Done....
14/08/2018
Willow05 said:
Hi all.. I am new to this forum.

I just got my WES evaluation report today.

I am a registered nurse in the Philippines with 4 years experience. I know i can get 19 points for my education as "2-year diploma post secondary education" equivalent in canada. My problem is, the report says "Major/specialization: NURSING ASSISTANT" where, in fact, I am a REGISTERED NURSE. I am applying for the NOC-registered nurse for fswp 2014. Will this disqualify me?

I have an aunt in canada who got her visa through fsw program back in 2009 as a registered nurse. Back then, CIC do not require an ECA so she got in.. But if they do, I believe she and many other fellow nurses will have a similar WES evaluation result.

To become a nurse in the Philippines, we only need 6 years elementary education + 4 years secondary education + 4 years bachelor's degree education. Total: 14 years

Compared to canada: they need a total of 16 years of education to become a nurse.

However, this quote from CIC website Worries me...
"your ECA report must show that your foreign education credentials are equal to the Canadian credentials needed to practice that occupation in Canada."

I hope this will not disqualify me in the fswp. Any advice?

WES report as follows:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1 Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2008
Awarded by: (Name of school deleted)
Institution Status: Recognized
Admission requirements: Completion of ten years of primary and secondary education
Length of program: Four years
Major/Specialization: Nursing Assistant
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of secondary school education and Diploma (two years)

Anybody could shed light? Thank you so much!
Just a question, did you take up AHSE before Nursing?

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
Hello,

What are the specific birth certificate requirements like DOB, name, parents name etc? What is acceptable and what is not?

Status
Not open for further replies.