+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Applicants Timeline- Lets Network Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
I finally have a question of my own.

I wonder how extensive are the background checks CIC and the local VOs run. For example thanks to Edward Snowden we all know the US NSA can know everything you are doing all the time by phone, internet, or any electronic means. Does Canada do something like this for PR applicants, really invading your privacy?

I am not trying to hide anything but I write private e-mails to my friends and family and I would not like anyone to be reading those. Or maybe I have looked at the occasional dirty picture on the internet... :eek:
If you don't engage in anything untoward serious enough to raise security concern,CIC will not dig so much so deep into your private mails.

Whoever has his/her private mails/conversation/action bugged must really be doing something that will by and large be a security threat to others,so no cause for concern once your activities does not fall into any purview of security threat.

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
future_canadian said:
You can only get adaptability points for a spouse's previous study in Canada. If the study was in Canada, a copy of the transcript is sufficient, no ECA necessary.
OIC. I was under the wrong impression that spouse's education elsewhere also brings points. I might have to revisit my total points in that case.

After you ratified getting only highest qualification (PhD in my case) for ECA, I went on to WES website and found that I have to shell $203.40 just for letting them say that I indeed did my PhD. Crazy system it is.

Regards

myreckus

May 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Wienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Doc's Request.
23-12-2014
Nomination.....
20-01-2015
Med's Request
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015 (upfront)
Hello everybody.

My application arrived in CIC on May 14th. Reading this forum, I just realized that I didn't send any additional documents for my proof of education except WES Report. Should I try to send copy of my diploma, mark sheets or just do nothing. If I send that tomorrow, it will arrive by the end of the week. I'm really not sure what to do.

Any advice?

future_canadian

VIP Member
May 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
solomonwise said:
If you don't engage in anything untoward serious enough to raise security concern,CIC will not dig so much so deep into your private mails.

Whoever has his/her private mails/conversation/action bugged must really be doing something that will by and large be a security threat to others,so no cause for concern once your activities does not fall into any purview of security threat.
Not true. The USA is recording everything everyone everywhere in the world does all the time, if it's done electronically.

Mamousa

Star Member
May 21, 2013
Hi All,

I'm almost ready with my app but I'm confused about the Family Registry
Being single, I have applied last year with no Family Registry at all as I 'though it 's for married applicants only later my app returned due to cap reached.
This year a friend's Immigration lawyer told him that he should submit a Family Registry despite being single.
Although Family Registry is not relevant for a single man, it can be issued for his father with him, mother & brothers shown as dependents, & that CIC will need this as part of their applicant's Background check.

Actually I don't like neither believe Lawyers, however I think that this may makes sense as Form IMM5406E (Additional Family Information) and IMM5669E (Background Declaration) requires details about parents & brothers.

Now I'm very confused about it, so should Single applicants submit a Family Registry for their parents?

Appreciate your help

mack1982

Mar 10, 2014
Hi,

My application was received on the 15th of May. I just noticed that the Birth Certificate of my wife has the wrong date of birth. She is my dependent. Can this cause a rejection.

Thanks

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future_canadian said:
Not true. The USA is recording everything everyone everywhere in the world does all the time, if it's done electronically.
I don't know where you got that from...That's the popular fallacy being peddled all around. Ever heard Snowden say anything about USA recording everything everyone everywhere in the world?

You must have been on the watch list to be monitored....Does it occur to you that if EVERYONE is being monitored then NOBODY is being monitored.Who monitors those who monitor everybody?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
solomonwise said:
I don't know where you got that from...That's the popular fallacy being peddled all around. Ever heard Snowden say anything about USA recording everything everyone everywhere in the world?

You must have been on the watch list to be monitored....Does it occur to you that if EVERYONE is being monitored then NOBODY is being monitored.Who monitors those who monitor everybody?
I would disagree. future_Canadian is right in saying that all tele and wire communication is being collected in bulk, including (of course) of those who are in-charge of collecting. Because it is being collected in bulk via fiber-optic cables.

The point is whether this information is made available to 'all' govt. departments. I don't think so. Therefore, unless a red (or yellow) flag is raised for an individual, the channel of requests for deeper information from Immigration Dept. to those at Intelligence Dept. won't be carried out in routine.

Above is my assessment from following all the news on these issues.

Thanks.

gandhinish

Apr 3, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
Hopefully, fingers crossed :)
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NO NO NO Interview Hopefully, fingers crossed :)
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon to land
I need experts and all the people who have knowledge or any information about ECA process. Whilst I do have some queries, I will also write here for whatever knowledge I have gathered so far for ECA process for Mumbai University. I am trying for FSW under 2174

To give my educational background, I have done Bachelors of Engineering, Computer Engineering from Mumbai University (Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering).
I joined this course directly as lateral entry, into 2nd Year because I had completed Diploma in Industrial Electronics from Fr. Agnel Polytechnic affiliated by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education.

Duration B.E - 3 years (Direct 2nd year entry due to diploma)
Duration Diploma - 4 Years (Semester Sandwich pattern which included 5th and 8th Semester as Internship / Industrial Experience)
Before Diploma, I had completed the Std 10th or SSC or Secondary School Certificate from MSBHSE ( Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education)

So in all 10+4+3 = 17 years of education.

Now that I have said my educational background, I need to know the ECA process for each of the credentials I have earned. Please let me know whether the info I have accrued is Correct or incorrect and add to this any additional details that you might feel for.

1. Mumbai University for BE Computer Engineering (Churchgate, Vidyarthi Vidyapeeth Bhavan, nxt to Sydhenam College) told me that I need to get the transcripts from the college from where I studied i.e. Smt Indira Gandhi College of Engineering. They (MU) will then attest the transcripts and sign it and seal it in the envelope. This envelope will also include the application letter that WES (World Education Services) has requested for as per the required documents section( in their site for India Maharashtra).This signed and sealed envelop will be then handed over to me to courier it to WES.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF MY POINT NUMBER 1 IS CORRECT IN MY UNDERSTANDINGS. (sorry for caps)

2. Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) is controller of the examinations for Diploma courses, (situated at Kherwadi Bandra). This told me that they have 2 things for me to choose:
a) Transcripts : Which is package of a letter and syllabus of the entire course I took whilst I was studying Diploma. Letter consist of info like "So and So person from So and So college/polytechnic affiliated by MSBTE had successfully completed Diploma in so and so field and secured X class (1st 2nd or distinction etc..) with Y marks out of Z. The course subjects and syllabus is mentioned from next page onward." And from Next page its bundle of pages of syllabus of all 8 Semesters. PLEASE NOTE SEMESTER WISE and SUBJECT WISE marks are not there in this package. They also said that they will sign and seal this envelope and I can include WES application letter here in this envelope.
b) Authenticity: In this, they will attest each photocopy of mark sheet per semester and attach a Letter. This letter is Authentication Letter that my mark sheets are genuine and true copy something like that...
PLEASE NOTE THIS INCLUDES SEMESTER WISE MARKS against ALL THE SUBJECTS STUDIED BUT THIS IS NOT CALLED TRANSCRIPT.

ITS CALLED AUTHENTICATION. They also said that they will sign and seal this inside envelope and if I were to include WES application letter here in this envelope, then I will have to go to college and get my photograph & college stamp in the application letter that WES has told us. Only then WES applciation letter will be encapsulated inside Envelope)

PLEASE SOMEONE CLEAR MY DOUBT HERE FOR POINT NO 2 WHETHER I NEED TRANSCRIPT OR AUTHENTICATION (sorry for caps)

3. I am yet to inquire about the process at SSC controller for my Secondary school certificate. I think this is at Navimumbai location

Thanks you for all the patience to read such a long story.

Max_ash

Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/3/2014
mack1982 said:
Hi,

My application was received on the 15th of May. I just noticed that the Birth Certificate of my wife has the wrong date of birth. She is my dependent. Can this cause a rejection.

Thanks

I dont think so.... what I have learnet from my rejection is CIC focuses on primary applicants documents more. So you should be safe.
But again it depends on the office who takes care of your file.

nilesh.kamani

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
First 1-MAY-2014.. Rejected.. Second 6-JUN-2014
AOR Received.
06-OCT-2014
Med's Request
17-NOV-2014
Med's Done....
21-NOV-2014
Passport Req..
12-FEB-2015
Seniors, could you please reply asap ?

Can I prepare the affidavit of my birth certificate?

or do my parents have to provide an affidavit ?

I am in US and my parents are in India.

Please provide an affidavit format.

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Willow05 said:
Hi all.. I am new to this forum.

I just got my WES evaluation report today.

I am a registered nurse in the Philippines with 4 years experience. I know i can get 19 points for my education as "2-year diploma post secondary education" equivalent in canada. My problem is, the report says "Major/specialization: NURSING ASSISTANT" where, in fact, I am a REGISTERED NURSE. I am applying for the NOC-registered nurse for fswp 2014. Will this disqualify me?

I have an aunt in canada who got her visa through fsw program back in 2009 as a registered nurse. Back then, CIC do not require an ECA so she got in.. But if they do, I believe she and many other fellow nurses will have a similar WES evaluation result.

To become a nurse in the Philippines, we only need 6 years elementary education + 4 years secondary education + 4 years bachelor's degree education. Total: 14 years

Compared to canada: they need a total of 16 years of education to become a nurse.

However, this quote from CIC website Worries me...
"your ECA report must show that your foreign education credentials are equal to the Canadian credentials needed to practice that occupation in Canada."

I hope this will not disqualify me in the fswp. Any advice?

WES report as follows:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1 Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2008
Awarded by: (Name of school deleted)
Institution Status: Recognized
Admission requirements: Completion of ten years of primary and secondary education
Length of program: Four years
Major/Specialization: Nursing Assistant
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of secondary school education and Diploma (two years)

Anybody could shed light? Thank you so much!
Just apply for FSWP under Licensed practical Nurse category NOC 3233
You are not qualified to apply for Registered Nurse category NOC 3012, you go ahead and apply as RN ,you application will rejected

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talk2melas said:
Just apply for FSWP under Licensed practical Nurse category NOC 3233
You are not qualified to apply for Registered Nurse category NOC 3012, you go ahead and apply as RN ,you application will rejected
What's the difference between the 2 and what makes her qualify to apply for one and not the other please?

nskatcv

Champion Member
May 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 11 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 16 2015
Passport Req..
Jul 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 08 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 09 2016
A quick question.

I am in the process of applying, but I might have to move out of my current place in a month's time. That means my address will change.

My question therefore, is that does the CIC, or the VO contact the applicants (during the evaluation process) by regular post, or everything is done through email (which I would love).

Regards

solomonwise

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nskatcv said:
A quick question.

I am in the process of applying, but I might have to move out of my current place in a month's time. That means my address will change.

My question therefore, is that does the CIC, or the VO contact the applicants (during the evaluation process) by regular post, or everything is done through email (which I would love).

Regards
Most of the communication is done via electronic mail.

You can inform your VO once your application scales the first hurdle-when you obtain a PER.

Status
Not open for further replies.