+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
Thank you guys.
@onelove1 @godisFin @bigleafbride @kev @Kuudir2

It's so overwhelming to hear nice words from everyone!
Hoping for more SAs and AORs to come this week!!! :D

#goodvibeseveryone #mondaysarefullofhope

why am I hash-tagging? LOL :D

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Iay said:
Good morning everyone!
Got our SA this morning.

This is to more SAs and AORs this week! ;)
WOO HOO! Monday is off to a great start!

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 14
kevin002 said:
Alright, so in the spirit of distracting our - or at least a few of our - OCD minds, I'm going to start off a mini "sub-thread" within this thread. I thought about starting a separate thread for this but figured it would be nice to keep it within the group for now. So considering the fact that each one of us are in the process of sponsoring our better halves from other countries, I think it would be cool to know how everyone met their significant other.

I'll start it off. My wife found me on Youtube while searching for a cover of a song! We are both musicians and also worship leaders at our churches. The coolest part of the story is that she had known I was "the one" as soon as she first saw my Youtube video. She had told one of her good friends via MSN that she had "found the guy she was meant to be with" and her friend had told her that she was crazy and needed sleep! haha

Anyways, March 16th will mark 5 years since we officially started dating. I can't say long distance has been easy, considering that we've only met 7 times over the past 5 years, but I can definitely say that it is an amazing feeling to be in love with someone you can call your "best friend."

Looking forward to hearing your stories! :)

p.s. if the mods perceive this "sub-thread" as a distraction from the main thread please feel free to remove it.
I wanted to post the same question. I figured if we were all going to be here for a little while might as well get everyone's backstory. I'll post my story soon.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Iay said:
Yes, I got it on my email. :)
Hey congratulations my friend! May your files to be transferred in a jiffy to your VO

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
kevin002 said:
Alright, so in the spirit of distracting our - or at least a few of our - OCD minds, I'm going to start off a mini "sub-thread" within this thread. I thought about starting a separate thread for this but figured it would be nice to keep it within the group for now. So considering the fact that each one of us are in the process of sponsoring our better halves from other countries, I think it would be cool to know how everyone met their significant other.

I'll start it off. My wife found me on Youtube while searching for a cover of a song! We are both musicians and also worship leaders at our churches. The coolest part of the story is that she had known I was "the one" as soon as she first saw my Youtube video. She had told one of her good friends via MSN that she had "found the guy she was meant to be with" and her friend had told her that she was crazy and needed sleep! haha

Anyways, March 16th will mark 5 years since we officially started dating. I can't say long distance has been easy, considering that we've only met 7 times over the past 5 years, but I can definitely say that it is an amazing feeling to be in love with someone you can call your "best friend."

p.s. if the mods perceive this "sub-thread" as a distraction from the main thread please feel free to remove it.
Hi Kevin

i like the idea and I too will contribute eventually
How can you separate this sub-thread from the main body of the thread? That is us the contributors of this sub-thread how are we going to track it?

messenger

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
kevin002 said:

This is nice topic Kev :)

I have started writing a story on how we met but then I thought it was too long. LOL.
Let me just summarize it then.

• we met on yahoo messenger
  • we dated for 2 years (online)
  • we've known each other quite well thru spending most of the time on skype and doing different activities together (eating, sleeping, watching movies, etc.)
  • after 2 years,we decided to meet (since I was in school until then, and he has a work contract)
  • we had plans of getting married, but we decided to go on a trip together first and know each other more in person
  • my parents advised me that if we feel that we are right for each other, we could get married soon so we could be together soon.
  • to make the long story short, after our 3 week vacation in SG, we knew that we want to spend the rest of our lives together, and that we didn't want to wait any longer to start our new life together
  • we got married in the philippines when we came back from SG. This was in October 2012.

Our relationship timeline is indeed very quick. We could only be proud to say that we prayed for this for a long time and our families have both prayed for us as well. We waited until they grant us the blessing to finally tie the knot.

Let me just share this poem I made last January:

In a crazy world of chat
I met you one night
I didn't even know that
You will start to make my world bright.
Night and day we always talk
When I'm not at home, you even stalk.
For months and years we waited
Then in 2012 we finally had what we wanted
We travelled together and different places we go
And our relationship did a lot more, grow.
I would never forget the first things we did together
Because when you're with me, time doesn't even matter.
In Singapore you brought with you a ring
And said, you wanted me to have you as my king.
I said yes, I want to be with you forever
Because with you, life is so much better.
As we wait to be with each other again
Just keep praying coz it will not be in vain
I pray that the Lord will keep us strong
With Him in the center, we know nothing will go wrong.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi all

a very sad message from user elevid!

A nightmare coming true!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-mississauga-t136040.0.html;msg2116944#msg2116944

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Iay said:

I have started writing a story on how we met but then I thought it was too long. LOL.

• we've known each other quite well thru spending most of the time on skype and doing different activities together (eating, sleeping, watching movies, etc.)
  • after 2 years,we decided to meet (since I was in school until then, and he has a work contract)
  • we had plans of getting married, but we decided to go on a trip together first and know each other more in person
  • my parents advised me that if we feel that we are right for each other, we could get married soon so we could be together soon.
  • to make the long story short, after our 3 week vacation in SG, we knew that we want to spend the rest of our lives together, and that we didn't want to wait any longer to start our new life together
  • we got married in the philippines when we came back from SG. This was in October 2012.

Our relationship timeline is indeed very quick. We could only be proud to say that we prayed for this for a long time and our families have both prayed for us as well. We waited until they grant us the blessing to finally tie the knot.
that's awesome Iay! :) I'm guessing everyone on this thread is pretty much an expert at handling a long distance relationship by now :p

EDIT: Woah I didn't see that poem when I replied. That's a lovely poem!!

messenger - not sure if it is possible to separate the topic unless it's a separate thread by itself. I guess we will have to rely on the notifications for the main thread to track this.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
kevin002 said:

This is such a nice idea!!

Here is our story: I met my husband in a bar in Finland when he was there playing American football. My friend knew him already and was kind of joking to me that he would be a good match for me. I wasn't really excited about her idea because I knew he wouldn't be in Finland for too long and I didn't want any long distance relationship. But somehow after I talked with him for a bit in a bar I thought maybe I can go out on a date with him. He was in Finland only for 2 weeks after we first met, but I instantly felt that there is something about him. We ended up spending all our spare time together until he left. Everyone told me it wouldn't last, but we knew better. We had some strange connection that I can't explain. :)

We've been together for 4,5 years from which 5 months married. I've travelled to Canada total of 7 times during this, once for a year with temporary work permit, other times from 1 to 3 months. He also lived with me for a year in Finland while I was still studying.

It's crazy how life goes.. sometimes it doesn't go as planned, but it turns out even better. :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
messenger said:
Hi all

A nightmare coming true!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/processing-time-mississauga-t136040.0.html;msg2116944#msg2116944
Wow, that is sad! I can't believe they lost the application! How can that even happen?! :(

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Iay said:

In a crazy world of chat
I met you one night
I didn't even know that
The story is nice but the poem tops it all! Very sweet!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Iay said:

In a crazy world of chat
I met you one night
I didn't even know that
This poem is so beautiful Iay! :)

msmith1789

Star Member
Aug 25, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21st 2013
AOR Received.
March 7th 2013
File Transfer...
March 26th 2013
Med's Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Done....
Dec 4th 2012
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
August 19th 2013
LANDED..........
September 27th 2013
Hi all,

Things have been moving swiftly this weekend eh?

Well in light of the current topic my girlfriend and I met at high school when we were both 15 years old in England! ;D. I moved to Canada when I was 18 with my parents as PRs. - we knew it would be difficult with our plans of going through college and work to be able to see each other as much as wanted (everyday) and with flights being an easy thousand $'s a time, costly too!

From Oct 2008 - Dec 2011 we went back and forth between Vancouver and manchester at least every 3 months we would see each other. the least amount of time being for 2 weeks. My girlfriend has been out to canada twice on two, one year Working holiday visas and we managed to meet the criteria of CL sponsorship.

I think when you know you have found your best friend in life, I think you do whatever it takes to make things happen!

So far we have been dating for 8 and a half years. - as they say, time flies when you're having fun. ;D

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
September 14
I love these stories, really helps to put a picture to the person!

I met my husband 5 years ago in India. I went there on a work opportunity and I met him through mutual friends. We dated for 8 or 9 months before he asked me to marry him. We just knew we were meant to be together. We had a small Indian wedding (small being 500 guests- most Indians would know that yes this is small). I love his family and have been wholeheartedly accepted by them into a culture that really frowns on marrying outside the religion/culture.

We lived together in India for almost 4 years together as husband and wife, and have 2 wonderful children, a daughter born in Canada and a son born in India. We decided now was a good time for our family to start the immigration process. And not a moment too soon, as living in India was getting extremely challenging for me! So now we are doing the long distance thing and it is new to us. The longest we have been separated was 3 months (when my mom passed away, and I gave birth to our daughter in Canada). So this is a challenge, but for the greater good. Hope he can be with us at the end of the year. It's difficult for him to be away from his children and me of course and for my children to be away from their daddy.
April 5th will be our 4 year wedding anniversary.

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
Thanks again @kev @messenger @godisFin. :)

messenger said:
Hi all

A nightmare coming true!

This is scary indeed! I know this rarely happens. I hope they give considerations to people who loses their app beyond their responsibility.