+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

canard

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
kevin002 said:
This is awesome guys! Lovin' all of your stories. :)

Wouldn't it be awesome if at the end of this journey (i.e. the PR journey) we all met up to celebrate?!!! Just sayin' :D

I don't know about you all, but it feels like we're one team running the same race and the end will be amazing!!!!!!

Haha I know I sound like a kid but I'm just pumped to cross this hurdle with all of you ;D
Well said kevin!! I'm very fond of this thread, so nice to have support from people that know exactly what we've been through!

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013
I absolutely LOVE all these stories :)

My man and i met while he was working in Australia on a dairy farm exchange program. Of all the places in Australia he could have been placed he was stuck in a town only 20minutes from my hometown (this is so crazy because both towns have a population of barely 1000).

In the city closest to us (roughly 40,000people thank goodness) there are quite a few bars and nightclubs. One night in November 2009 i was out with "friends" the term used loosely since they ditched me at the bar and went home. As i was (admittedly drunkenly stumbling) around the bar i ran into a friend of mine who played Australian Rules Football at our local club, so immediately made a beeline for him hoping he could help me get home. Well apparently they were a little intoxicated too since they were celebrating the arrival of Reed (my man) from Canada. I was introduced to him here and we talked for HOURS. Around 1am i decided it was definitely time to head home and decided id go catch a cab. Now i dont know how it works anywhere else but in this particular town we have what is called lockout. Which means after 1am you cannot get into any of the bars, if you are already in the bar and leave for whatever reason you CANNOT go back in. Period! too many hooligans in this town :( So imagine my surprise when Reed offered to walk me to the cab stand. I said not to worry about it that he would be locked out but he told em he would rather know i got into a cab safely. Sweetest guy ever. When we were waiting for the cab he shocked me even further by asking if it would be ok if he kissed me! I am far from used to this behaviour from a guy, where i come from first chance they get they just try to get on in there and suck your face off, so i was pleasantly surprised by his request lol. Of course i obliged and he got a peck on the cheek hahaha. His buddies in the bar however didnt leave until close which is 230, So poor Reed was stuck outside waiting for them all because he was a gentleman and helped me get a cab :)

This happened on the Saturday (November), by Wednesday we'd had our first real date, the following Saturday he met my Mum, Saturday after that he met my Dad and 2 brothers. and by December it was decided i would be coming back to Canada with him. We dealt with a lot of people putting their 2 cents in....."its all too fast, itll never last"....."youre too young dont be so stupid"..."you barely know each other"... blah blah blah im sure youve all heard similar things from "friends".

Well im happy to say we have been together 3 years this previous Christmas. Ive been living here in Canada for 3 years in April and we are happier than ever. My family are coming to visit again in July and i could not be any happier than i am right now with my hunky Canadian. Well except maybe when PR is done lol..We intend to marry in 2015 (since we are only 23 right now lol) we dont feel like we need to rush, immigration sponsorship is a big commitment anyways.

And vain as it is, to all those "friends" who were "so supportive" **voice dripping with sarcasm lol** of our relationship, look at us now!! You are still stuck in a tiny town you've never left, all alone. And im an international traveller, who found the man of her dreams. Just shows it pays off to take a chance on love :)

ldumitriu

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
5-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-02-2013
When I was at the height of paranoia.. finnally some good news!!!

GOT AOR TODAY!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sweden can you update me when you get a chance!!!
thank you!!! :)

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
godisFin said:
I would love to meet all of you guys!! Too bad I'm not sure where in Canada all of you are going to live?! I'm in Toronto Ontario!! :)
I'm in Toronto too (North York to be more specific).

and @OZinON - Great story and I loved the closing paragraph haha! :p

kevin002

Star Member
Dec 30, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
ldumitriu said:

GOT AOR TODAY!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

congrats!! :D

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
kevin002 said:
I'm in Toronto too (North York to be more specific).
Yay!! We definitely need to arrange something at some point! There must be others from around here too! :) How fun!

Namachii

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It feels good to read through your story OZinON and others! :)
Isn't it amazing how people find their partners?
In my culture, parents help us find the partner based on the tradition as it's not just the marriage for the partners it's marriage for the partners and also the family. I have got to know my partner after the engagement and we have to started to learn more about each other from then.
It's a beautiful journey!

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
ldumitriu said:

Congrats!! Good news indeed! Yeyy.

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
OZinON said:
I absolutely LOVE all these stories :)

My man and i met while he was working in Australia on a dairy farm exchange program. Of all the places in Australia he could have been placed he was stuck in a town only 20minutes from my hometown (this is so crazy because both towns have a population of barely 1000).

In the city closest to us (roughly 40,000people thank goodness) there are quite a few bars and nightclubs. One night in November 2009 i was out with "friends" the term used loosely since they ditched me at the bar and went home. As i was (admittedly drunkenly stumbling) around the bar i ran into a friend of mine who played Australian Rules Football at our local club, so immediately made a beeline for him hoping he could help me get home. Well apparently they were a little intoxicated too since they were celebrating the arrival of Reed (my man) from Canada. I was introduced to him here and we talked for HOURS. Around 1am i decided it was definitely time to head home and decided id go catch a cab. Now i dont know how it works anywhere else but in this particular town we have what is called lockout. Which means after 1am you cannot get into any of the bars, if you are already in the bar and leave for whatever reason you CANNOT go back in. Period! too many hooligans in this town :( So imagine my surprise when Reed offered to walk me to the cab stand. I said not to worry about it that he would be locked out but he told em he would rather know i got into a cab safely. Sweetest guy ever. When we were waiting for the cab he shocked me even further by asking if it would be ok if he kissed me! I am far from used to this behaviour from a guy, where i come from first chance they get they just try to get on in there and suck your face off, so i was pleasantly surprised by his request lol. Of course i obliged and he got a peck on the cheek hahaha. His buddies in the bar however didnt leave until close which is 230, So poor Reed was stuck outside waiting for them all because he was a gentleman and helped me get a cab :)

This happened on the Saturday (November), by Wednesday we'd had our first real date, the following Saturday he met my Mum, Saturday after that he met my Dad and 2 brothers. and by December it was decided i would be coming back to Canada with him. We dealt with a lot of people putting their 2 cents in....."its all too fast, itll never last"....."youre too young dont be so stupid"..."you barely know each other"... blah blah blah im sure youve all heard similar things from "friends".

Well im happy to say we have been together 3 years this previous Christmas. Ive been living here in Canada for 3 years in April and we are happier than ever. My family are coming to visit again in July and i could not be any happier than i am right now with my hunky Canadian. Well except maybe when PR is done lol..We intend to marry in 2015 (since we are only 23 right now lol) we dont feel like we need to rush, immigration sponsorship is a big commitment anyways.

And vain as it is, to all those "friends" who were "so supportive" **voice dripping with sarcasm lol** of our relationship, look at us now!! You are still stuck in a tiny town you've never left, all alone. And im an international traveller, who found the man of her dreams. Just shows it pays off to take a chance on love :)
:') ... such a beautiful story!! Brought me near tears man! lol

Iay said:
Congrats!! Good news indeed! Yeyy.
Congrats Idumitriu!! Were all happy for ya :D

ldumitriu

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
5-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-02-2013
thank you guys!!!!

We will be in Toronto as well (Etobicoke)

we should definitely have a February 2013 outland reunion when we're all settled in. It would be so much fun!!!

CanadaIsGreat

Dec 19, 2012
ldumitriu said:

Congrats!! :) I know how painful it is, I think CIC should provide psychological council to us all waiting :)
Now, to quick SA to us all!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
ldumitriu said:
thank you guys!!!!

We will be in Toronto as well (Etobicoke)

we should definitely have a February 2013 outland reunion when we're all settled in. It would be so much fun!!!
Great!! Yes, reunion is a must! We can go through our applications once more and think: never again!! ;) :D hahaa!

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Buffy2323 said:
Okay, I was home sick with a stomach virus yesterday.....no fun......and I am just now catching up here.

Congrats to all the new people who have jooined the board. Welcome to the waiting game!!

As for how my wife and I met, it was online. We met through a game online and became best of friends. After 14 months of being "just friends" we decided to meet up in Niagara Falls for a long weekend. We met and it was an instant connection. The rest is history. We went back to Niagara Falls for our one year anniversary of meeting in November 2011 and then we went again in November 2012 and got married in a little chapel there. It was just her and I and the chaplain. We had invited her family but on short notice to come from Alberta was too expensive. :( We had a couple of friends who were coming to witness but one ended up sick with the flu so it was just her and I. We plan to do a more formal ceremony after I get up there and settled in. We are making moving to be with each other our priority. :)

Not a glamourous story but how it happened. lol
I find this super romantic! A little chapel in Niagara Falls: Awesome. I had a big fat Muslim wedding in India and it was the LEAST romantic thing ever (I am not Muslim) and we were segregated for 4 hours. All these judgmental eyes on me was awful. Even my husband hated the wedding and it was all his family and friends. LOL. We also are planning a reception and renewal of vows when he arrives here.

lynnbb

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2013
Doc's Request.
26-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013(VO)
Med's Done....
23-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
OMG! You guys got really good love stories...and even poems!
It's cheering to see so many of you got AOR and SA. Hope mine would be here soon as well...as being the last Feb 2013 team member ;D

My husband and I were actually elementary school classmates...lol~(stop your surprising look, we didn't date each other when we were like 6 or 7!) We didn't even have much interaction with each other back then, and I moved out of the area for middle school after we graduated. So we lost connection with each other for about 10 years until we finally met again in a reunion party...He was in Canada studying at that time and I was finishing my undergraduate in China planning to go to the US for Master...I wasn't so sure about this long distance relationship. But he made me believe there is true love which can overcome anything. I went to the US several months after we were officially "together"...made our life a little easier without the time difference. We travelled a lot during the 5 years we were dating, 20+ times, to be specific (I find that out when putting together the application package...lol. Actually, I found a lot of meaningful things in our relationship which I never pay attention to before...I believe all of us did.)
We got married last year and I moved from Boston to Toronto...there's always someone has to compromise in a relationship..I quit my job, left my friends and packed everything...just to be with him. I'm proud of myself being so courageous, and all of you who did the same thing for the one you love.

Now it's time for us to start a new journey, in a different place, and live happily ever after... after we got our PRs...lol

Good luck to us all!