+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

February 2013 OUTLAND (only) applications!! Here is your thread!!

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Keratzlaff said:
Hey how can I join this thread? I checked online and my package was tracked and it said it was received on Feb 28th 2013
Thanks!!!
Just reply here when the meds were done and when your app was received. You will be added. Great to have you aboard!

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
messenger said:
Hi JudyO

Wishing you good luck with your apps.
Mine was at 1.087 kilos so that's a bit over 2lbs. Wondering what did you put inside to have it weigh so much?
Mine was very light too, maybe 2 pounds as well. And I was very worried about that until a few people calmed me down. See I lived with husband in India for 3.5 years, so we had next to no communication (emails etc), except for the times I went back to visit my family. We used lease agreements showing we lived together, joint bank accounts and lots of pictures of our relationship timeline especially ones with our lovely children! Lots of people have many different ways to prove their relationship and I'm sure CIC knows how to pinpoint the suspicious ones.
I have a good feeling about our month :D

denis_mtrl

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skas13 said:
Mine was very light too, maybe 2 pounds as well. And I was very worried about that until a few people calmed me down. See I lived with husband in India for 3.5 years, so we had next to no communication (emails etc), except for the times I went back to visit my family. We used lease agreements showing we lived together, joint bank accounts and lots of pictures of our relationship timeline especially ones with our lovely children! Lots of people have many different ways to prove their relationship and I'm sure CIC knows how to pinpoint the suspicious ones.
I have a good feeling about our month :D
hehe our was 7 pounds with the carboard box.
I did have a few plastic folders that'd add weight, as well as printed quite a few heavy (for better quality ) sheets of paper with our pictures ~
Also our printed detailed phone bills and we call each other several times a day :) so printouts are heavy as well as our bills :)

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
bigleafbride said:
Now, I am starting to get worried because of the dilemma re staples. Haha. well, I used sheet protectors and arranged my package based on the checklist order. I properly labelled the documents too. BUT I still used staples. I hope they process based on date of receipt and not on weights or how many staples were used. Haha.

At this point, we are going cray cray over the wait! I'm pretty positive we will get the much awaited SA this coming week.
I was just really paranoid. And yes, messenger was right, I don't think using staples could be used as grounds for refusal. Well, you have much more organized application than we do. I just put everything in one big envelope and mailed it to CPC. I didn't realize how disorganized I was until I knew about this forum. And mine weighed 1kg, waaaaaaayyy lighther than many. :D

My mantra everytime I get worried is that, if ever they need more documents or proof, they will let us know about it. As long as you did your best to provide quality proof of your relationship, be still and just enjoy the waiting game :)

JudyO

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
messenger said:
Hi JudyO

Wishing you good luck with your apps.
Mine was at 1.087 kilos so that's a bit over 2lbs. Wondering what did you put inside to have it weigh so much?
Homemade cookies ;D

SORRY I just checked by Courier slip and I don't know how much it actually weighed. She weighed it when I went in and it was a little over 6
I thought that was 6 kilos but I think now that was 6 pounds. So that makes my entire package with all the excessive wrapping just over 6 pounds.
Looks like I'm not a winner in the weight category after all. I hope the quality is up to the necessary standard. :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
messenger said:
Hey congratulations my friend! Hope that by next week same time you get your SA.

I like to ask all of you here!
I checked on the Vienna spreadsheet and saw that some of our friends there their whole process took less than 4 months!
Of course there were cases were the process took 14 months and more but this was on some very difficult cases delayed especially by background military checks.
Unless the spreadsheet's formulas were corrupted then how can you people explain these very quick processes!

Can anyone here speculate?
Vienna handles a lot of different countries. Some are visa-exempt (Germany, Netherlands etc), and the applications get done quite fast, with similar timelines than Paris or London dealing with visa-exempt applicants. Sharing of information, background checks are usually easier, and as there are fewer interviews, and no request for the physical passport ( only sending out COPR), then whole process goes much faster. It's not the case for others, and often the main causes for delays are extensive background checks (especially for applicants coming from former-Yugoslavia, because of war history etc), less easy sharing of information with CIC, interview requests, and passport requests - altogether it adds from a few weeks (2 months) to 5 months more - hence the delay.
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
I'm doing the updates for the spreadsheet tonight, so I'll list here the one I can catch from the thread - if I forget anybody, please let me know.

Charlie13 said:
YAAAAY!!!
SA March 1st!!!!
On to Step 2, good luck everyone!!
Congrats and good luck - updated!
Keratzlaff said:
Hey how can I join this thread? I checked online and my package was tracked and it said it was received on Feb 28th 2013
Thanks!!!
You're in! welcome! please let me know on the thread here which VO you will be going through, and when you did your meds, so I can update the spreadsheet. If you want to also tell when you sent your application, then that's great - but not as necessary, as the most important part is when it got to CIC (28th Feb).
Good luck,
Sweden

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
denis_mtrl said:
hehe our was 7 pounds with the carboard box.
I did have a few plastic folders that'd add weight, as well as printed quite a few heavy (for better quality ) sheets of paper with our pictures ~
Also our printed detailed phone bills and we call each other several times a day :) so printouts are heavy as well as our bills :)
Hi all

A good apps package is not compared by weight light or heavy. Its how legit your relationship looks to VO!
It ok to chit-chat about whose's in "bigger" :D but down to reality we all have the same anxieties and same goals. To wrap up this period as quick as possible and get on our ways to our real lives in our country of choice. CANADA!

Kuudir2

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 15/2013
AOR Received.
February 28/2013
File Transfer...
March 21/2013
Med's Done....
August 5/2012
Interview........
None requested
VISA ISSUED...
March 30/2014
LANDED..........
May 15/2015 (AAAAH)
messenger said:
Hi all

A good apps package is not compared by weight light or heavy. Its how legit your relationship looks to VO!
It ok to chit-chat about whose's in "bigger" :D but down to reality we all have the same anxieties and same goals. To wrap up this period as quick as possible and get on our ways to our real lives in our country of choice. CANADA!
Amen to that messenger!
As I was reading the comments on who's was bigger, I was having mini-heart attacks!!
But as lovely messenger put it; weight shouldn't matter, it is what's inside that should :p

Hoping we can all get through this alive :D :D

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Kuudir2 said:
Amen to that messenger!
As I was reading the comments on who's was bigger, I was having mini-heart attacks!!
But as lovely messenger put it; weight shouldn't matter, it is what's inside that should :p

Hoping we can all get through this alive :D :D
I apologize if i offended anyone with my comments about how much the package weighed. It was meant as a joke because our packages were so big. It is only that big because I had over 200 pages of text/phone records from our earlier days before travelling to see each other. I always joke that I like to do everything big and this is mo exception. Of course weight of package means nothing. I put several smileys and winkeys in the message so i hoped everyone would take it as a joke.

Good luck to all waiting for AOR and SA's this week!!

denis_mtrl

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nuh, it was not saying that heavier is better~ just ppl started asking about
weight and it was interesting to compare how much and why~ (e.g did i forget to put somth, or put too much?)

It would be very interesting process if Candian PRs were given based on following criteria
1) Does the application have staples?
2) How much does it weight?
3) Are pictures loose or in album?
4) What font did applicant use ? :)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Buffy2323 said:
I apologize if i offended anyone with my comments about how much the package weighed. It was meant as a joke because our packages were so big. It is only that big because I had over 200 pages of text/phone records from our earlier days before travelling to see each other. I always joke that I like to do everything big and this is mo exception. Of course weight of package means nothing. I put several smileys and winkeys in the message so i hoped everyone would take it as a joke.

Good luck to all waiting for AOR and SA's this week!!
Hi Buffy
Hey don't worry, no one was offended here! Please continue having humor and making jokes. We all need it here as we are going to be like an extended family! Hope we all pass through this with our sanity in good condition! hehe
messenger

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
denis_mtrl said:
Nuh, it was not saying that heavier is better~ just ppl started asking about
weight and it was interesting to compare how much and why~ (e.g did i forget to put somth, or put too much?)

It would be very interesting process if Candian PRs were given based on following criteria
1) Does the application have staples?
2) How much does it weight?
3) Are pictures loose or in album?
4) What font did applicant use ? :)
aaaaaahahahahaa

May i also propose something for this thread?
Lets all contribute some good jokes on daily basis. At the end of the week we can have a vote as to which joke was the funniest!
Obscene jokes are out but peppery ones with slight dirty hints may or may not be allowed!
Jokes or funny quotes! No problem!
What'd you all say?

Buffy2323

Dec 16, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
31-01-2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-09-2013; Visa Received 21-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
messenger said:
aaaaaahahahahaa

May i also propose something for this thread?
Lets all contribute some good jokes on daily basis. At the end of the week we can have a vote as to which joke was the funniest!
Obscene jokes are out but peppery ones with slight dirty hints may or may not be allowed!
Jokes or funny quotes! No problem!
What'd you all say?
I"m not much of a joke teller but I would enjoy reading other people's jokes. I am not easily offended. :p I will contribute as I can with any humor I have in my real life, beleive me that can and is on a daily basis working in the field I work in!! :p Anything to make time go quicker is a big thumbs up for me!!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Buffy2323 said:
I"m not much of a joke teller but I would enjoy reading other people's jokes. I am not easily offended. :p I will contribute as I can with any humor I have in my real life, beleive me that can and is on a daily basis working in the field I work in!! :p Anything to make time go quicker is a big thumbs up for me!!
Laugh longer - Live longer!

I know from experience Buffy! I am 57 and my fatsa (face) looks younger but not necessarily handsomer. And all this! Because I laughed a lot in my life!
So if you want to look younger but not necessarily handsome/pretty laugh, and you will see!

Trust me!