+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2009 -2010

L

lahorecouple

Danny4450 said:
Nowadays they are asking for Rukhsati pictures along with several other proofs and supporting documents of the relationship. They don't just care if you are married, they want to see how strong your relationship is after and before the marriage. I would strongly suggest for Rukhsati if she wants to avoid uncertainity and dissappointment with the immigration process.

This is one of my previous posts, it might help:

The duration of this whole process depends on three factors:
1) Number of applications
2) Embassy Staff (Number of staff and efficiency)
3) Strength of your case (Sufficient proof of relationship and marriage)

[/color]
but still my belief is, for pakistani applicants a complete and full blown wedding makes it less susceptible to IO's doubts regarding relationship genuineness...

Style

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2010
AOR Received.
March 2010
File Transfer...
February 2010
Med's Done....
December 2009
Passport Req..
March 2011
became-a-loner said:
Good you knew what to do to begin with, if you dont mind telling that you indicated arranged marriage on your forms with engagement and some previous history or love marriage, if arranged marriage did you have proof of relationship before nikkah or not.
It was arranged back in 2008. When I was there it decided then I came back to Toronto and engagement function took place without me. We got married in Dec 2009. and as far as I can recall we did not send any pictures from the engagement, and since i was not part of the engagement there was no pic of us together. however we did tell them that we knew each other since 2008 (time of engagement)

marya238

Dec 9, 2010
Georgetown
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2009
AOR Received.
12-11-2009
File Transfer...
07-12-2009
Med's Request
27-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-12-2010
Gooood Morning Canada!
;D

The Appeal is filed ..
so the game begins again ..
lets see
lawyer said becuz they havent questioned anything about the marriage it self it shudnt take that long for objection of PCC
we will appeal and i will be attending a couple of hearings and we will try to prove the judge that we tried every possible way to provide PCC and were in vain.
My (Wo) would be interviewed on phone.(might)

i asked him if we could appeal the embassy first .. like became a loner mentioned .. lawyer chachu said we cant do that becuz once they refuse it they send the file back to mississauga :p

he said people write long letters to immigration officers or they just go visit the emabassy to plead and stuff but that only creates a negative effect on the file .. so sit back and relaxxxxxxx
dil cha raha tha SIR phaar doon lawyer chachu ka .. but then i thought choro yar .. Allah bara badshah hai :) and i will win through this Inshallah!

wish he was here

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Lazyabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
June 2010
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
June 2011
Med's Done....
exp. Jan. 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 2011
Larkay Waley Larki Dekhne Gaye:
Larkay Ne Larki Se Pucha: Aapko KHANA BANANA Aata Hai?
Larki: Nahi Mujhe To BANANA KHANA Aata Hai ;D

mahmed17

Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
March 17th 2011- re PCC/imm forms
AOR Received.
September 12th 2009
Med's Done....
April 12th 2011
Passport Req..
June 3rd 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 29th 2011
LANDED..........
July 8th 2011 THANK U ALLAH
Style said:
It was arranged back in 2008. When I was there it decided then I came back to Toronto and engagement function took place without me. We got married in Dec 2009. and as far as I can recall we did not send any pictures from the engagement, and since i was not part of the engagement there was no pic of us together. however we did tell them that we knew each other since 2008 (time of engagement)
You are one of the lucky people who didn't have to put up with their subjective feelings I had nikkah only because my whole family was unable to go and other family reasons but recently I still went and we did a small gathering but due to circumstances beyond our control we couldn't have a full blown wedding but sent lots of pics to them but are still waiting after 19 months waiting it's really easy to say go to Pakistan and do a full blown thing but not always possible but still we went and did something small which they will doubt anyway because to them wedding has to be a huge shabang why can't they accept small weddings and clearly say they won't accept nikkah only to save everyone the heArtache

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
lahorecouple said:
but still my belief is, for pakistani applicants a complete and full blown wedding makes it less susceptible to IO's doubts regarding relationship genuineness...
Ofcourse, a full blown wedding makes it less suspicious that you are marrying just for immigration purposes. It shows that it was your big day for real. But at the same time, people who don't like wasting money/want a simple wedding/can't afford it can ensure that they have all these proofs to support their marraige and relationship. Actions speak louder than words i.e. pictures, proofs, supporting docs speak louder than just a Nikahnama.

HIC2011

Apr 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marya238 said:
Gooood Morning Canada!
;D

The Appeal is filed ..
lets see
lawyer said becuz they havent questioned anything about the marriage it self it shudnt take that long for objection of PCC
we will appeal and i will be attending a couple of hearings and we will try to prove the judge that we tried every possible way to provide PCC and were in vain.

i asked him if we could appeal the embassy first .. like became a loner mentioned .. lawyer chachu said we cant do that becuz once they refuse it they send the file back to mississauga :p

he said people write long letters to immigration officers or they just go visit the emabassy to plead and stuff but that only creates a negative effect on the file .. so sit back and relaxxxxxxx
dil cha raha tha SIR phaar doon lawyer chachu ka .. but then i thought choro yar .. Allah bara badshah hai :) and i will win through this Inshallah!
Good luck sister

wish he was here

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Lazyabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
June 2010
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
June 2011
Med's Done....
exp. Jan. 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 2011
marya238 said:
Gooood Morning Canada!
;D

The Appeal is filed ..
lets see

G'morning to you too. The last day of this wretched week. I admire your strength and positivity. Inshallah everything will work out soon.

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marya238 said:
Gooood Morning Canada!
;D

The Appeal is filed ..
lets see

Great, at least the process is started, my humble understanding was that they send your file back to Mississauga if you dont appeal to them within 30-45 days but until that time they have a senior officer to review the decision of IO but anyways its filed in court anyways, good luck

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Style said:
I agree with you on this to some point but you can't say they don't give you a chance to prove your relationship after objecting. If CHC wanted they would have rejected 1 2 ka 4 application based on not “living together” aka Bona Fide but they only objected and asked him to come in for an interview to prove his relationship is legit. Which to me is giving average Joe a 2nd chance

Not everyone does the home work before getting married and why would you? You have such a big day coming up, your excited, your friends and family is finally together after so many yrs, so looking at CHC is the last thing on your mind. But again you can't blame CHC for this. Every one has rules to follow and I can't say or comment on if they have “subjective feeling towards making decisions” because I have not met any of the officer nor have I seem them in action.
Chalo yaar ub chor do Style bhai tum tu arr he gye ho yaar mujh per, Chalo mein he agree krta ho aap ki baat se be aur Become-A-loner se be be. Me at Fault. Ap jeet gye beside VO happy now.
Give a smile now. Tum tu aise behave kr rahe ho jaise court mey khare ho aur tense & stressed out ho. Relax yaar

became-a-loner

Champion Member
Mar 16, 2011
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Style said:
Thank you for sharing your information, did you provide proof of any communication between engagement and nikkah such as emails or phone calls and did you write a detailed story in response to the critical question on form (development of relationship)

marya238

Dec 9, 2010
Georgetown
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2009
AOR Received.
12-11-2009
File Transfer...
07-12-2009
Med's Request
27-11-2010
Med's Done....
02-12-2010
btw hina sister ...

$3500 is a bit too much .. i would pay that much if i were you .. i know there are a lot of people who charge that kind of money ...but that is insane

khan82

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May.2010 Mississauga
AOR Received.
Aug.2010
File Transfer...
July.2010
marya238 said:
Gooood Morning Canada!
;D

The Appeal is filed ..
lets see

Marya 238 Inshallah you are breave and you will win soonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn our prayers are with you dear strong sister

wish he was here

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Lazyabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
June 2010
File Transfer...
May 2010
Med's Request
June 2011
Med's Done....
exp. Jan. 2011
Passport Req..
Oct 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 2011
Danny4450 said:
Ofcourse, a full blown wedding makes it less suspicious that you are marrying just for immigration purposes. It shows that it was your big day for real. But at the same time, people who don't like wasting money/want a simple wedding/can't afford it can ensure that they have all these proofs to support their marraige and relationship. Actions speak louder than words i.e. pictures, proofs, supporting docs speak louder than just a Nikahnama.
*Sigh* this sucks. =/ My husband and I are sending more proof of contact etc. I'm worried they may take it the wrong way but either way I feel they'd think the lack of photographic proof in my application would show that our relationship isn't genuine, which isn't the case. I simply didn't think this through. When I applied I only included pictures of our walima (it was the only day that I actually dressed up, like I mention before I had a simple ruksati get together and there are no pictures of us together, lol I just walked around taking pictures myself that's how simple it was. There is one picture but there are others and we're talking in a group and aren't sitting next to each other. I was very shy from him so I felt weird sitting next to him in front of all my relatives. Back then that's the advice I got that I didn't need to go all out to show everything when applying (back then processes weren't taking that long). Now it worries me greatly so I'm trying to cover any gaps left open. :'(

Danny4450

Champion Member
Mar 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD - Wife case
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2011
Med's Request
Re-medical April 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 24th, 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
April 23rd, 2012 - PP sent on May 1st, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 1st, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah .. Total time = 17 months and 8 days
LANDED..........
Jun 17th, 2012 .. Alhumdulillah :)
wish he was here said:
*Sigh* this sucks. =/ My husband and I are sending more proof of contact etc. I'm worried they may take it the wrong way but either way I feel they'd think the lack of photographic proof in my application would show that our relationship isn't genuine, which isn't the case. I simply didn't think this through. When I applied I only included pictures of our walima (it was the only day that I actually dressed up, like I mention before I had a simple ruksati get together and there are no pictures of us together, lol I just walked around taking pictures myself that's how simple it was. There is one picture but there are others and we're talking in a group and aren't sitting next to each other. I was very shy from him so I felt weird sitting next to him in front of all my relatives. Back then that's the advice I got that I didn't need to go all out to show everything when applying (back then processes weren't taking that long). Now it worries me greatly so I'm trying to cover any gaps left open. :'(
If you are sending more proof of contact voluntarily, then its a positive and would support your case rather than them taking it the wrong way. I understand your situation when you were getting married, but since you had your valima done and sent them pictures then you shouldn't worry too much :)