Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
Doc's Request.
14th Aug
Re: CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011

hello everyone !

I have just joined in. I have some queries as im totally new to this immigration process n stuff. My husband just moved to canada , he is a permanent resident in montreal , quebec.
He plans to sponsor me n my 10 months old baby within 6 months. He is looking for a job these days. I have heard dat the rules have changed n immigration process times have also.
can someone plz tell me how long will it take for us to join him if he applies end of this year i.e dec 2011. I live in Islamabad !

thanku !

rackeya

Star Member
Apr 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10 2011
Doc's Request.
Volunterily sent updating documents April 5 2012
File Transfer...
May 17 2011
Med's Request
re-med June 4 2012
Med's Done....
Done on the June 25th Dmp sent it out on June 29th. Medical recieved update on ecas on July 7th!
Interview........
NO INTERVIEW MASHALLAH
Passport Req..
June 4 2012
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 17 2012 / E-cas updated w/decision made JULY 15 2012
LANDED..........
AUG 19 2012

sraja said:
hello everyone !

I have just joined in. I have some queries as im totally new to this immigration process n stuff. My husband just moved to canada , he is a permanent resident in montreal , quebec.
He plans to sponsor me n my 10 months old baby within 6 months. He is looking for a job these days. I have heard dat the rules have changed n immigration process times have also.
can someone plz tell me how long will it take for us to join him if he applies end of this year i.e dec 2011. I live in Islamabad !

thanku !

the time line is much longer then what your expecting! :( im sorry to tell you it can take upto 24 months, and it will take at least 16-18 months....

Doctorkhan

Jun 29, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb , 2010
AOR Received.
April,2010
File Transfer...
March,2010
Med's Done....
Feb, 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2011
mj1998 said:
My wife lives an hour or so away from Islamabad, so it wasn't too much of a problem.

I wasn't asked for my citizenship certificate. I was only asked for a couple of IDs when I went to the passport office here. I did not send any originals to them.

..about LVP: did you mention somewhere in your letter that you're applying for LVP? or do they just assume that this application will be for LVP?

Thanks.

Bro there are a few other forms that u need to fill along with pptc 042 which u can only get from the canadian consulate . In that package limited validity form is also included . I had to give originals of my citizenship certificate and her B-form and Birth certificate .

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010

Welcome to forum,
Currently as per CIC website in 2010 80% of cases were processed in 23 months which is definitely average time...

Apparently on forum most of the 2009 cases have been completed (Got PPR & waiting for Passport with visa) only a few are left. some of the 2010 1st quarter cases have also been completed and all of those were wife cases with an exception and most of 2010 cases are either getting Imm forms, PCC update & remed requests.
so its on average take 14 to 20 months minimum that may increase to 23 as per CIC site
o yes by 2010 & 2009 cases I mean those who got AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) letter in that year i-e the time when Processing starts at CHC- Islambabd

sraja said:
hello everyone !

thanku !

Doctorkhan

Jun 29, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad,Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb , 2010
AOR Received.
April,2010
File Transfer...
March,2010
Med's Done....
Feb, 2010
Passport Req..
June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
August 2011
There is an update : My daughter got her Canadian Passport Today ( LVP ) .... She is in Pakistan and my wife applied for her Citizenship and Passport from Pakistan .

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING

sraja said:
hello everyone !

thanku !

* if case is simple, ur huby has work ,then shud take around 18 months.
* can be max 23 ,as writen in cic website. hope it helps.contact in future for aistance... we are imigration experts in lhr city .. " saif_smarty2003@yahoo.com",thx .

saggit_16

Feb 21, 2010
PAKISTAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
AOR Received.
Mar 2010
Congrats MashaALLAH
InshaALLAH u'll also get PPR soon

Doctorkhan said:
There is an update : My daughter got her Canadian Passport Today ( LVP ) .... She is in Pakistan and my wife applied for her Citizenship and Passport from Pakistan .

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
congratulations dodgecharger and doctorkhan

a funny update from my side.
normally islamabad embassy doesnt reply to emails...today i received 2 emails from them ,one minute after the other...lol..
first main it says tht ur file is in que for initial review...lol they almost gave me a heart attack..
second main they told me kay appssport has been receievd...lol

canadian2020

May 28, 2011
Hello

I am new to this Forum .

I have a query.

I and my wife applied for canadian immigration in 2006 and got it. But only i landed in Canada and became PR. In 2010 I sponsored my wife and two children while i was still a PR. Now i am canadian Citizen and currently living with my family in Pakistan. Last month I received a letter at my canadian address, from Scarborough Town Centre to appear for interview in regard with my Sponsorship. Now what i should do now?.

mariah

Jul 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
aug2009
well if ur still interested in immigrating to canada with ur wife...u will have to attend the interview..and if u cant come at this date , mail them and tell them y exactly u cant come....they will give u another date

Humaumair

Dec 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 2009
Med's Request
re med oct2010,re pcc jan 2011
Interview........
July 7th ,2011
Passport Req..
19th Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
29th aug 2011
mariah said:
congratulations dodgecharger and doctorkhan

a funny update from my side.
normally islamabad embassy doesnt reply to emails...today i received 2 emails from them ,one minute after the other...lol..
first main it says tht ur file is in que for initial review...lol they almost gave me a heart attack..
second main they told me kay appssport has been receievd...lol

lol i tell u they r crazy they dont know what they r doing and writing and what they want

khan82

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May.2010 Mississauga
AOR Received.
Aug.2010
File Transfer...
July.2010
aqSa said:
Hi everyone!

Congratulations khan82 sis for recieving remedical..next step PPR INSHALLAH!

Please keep me in your prayers too..m really trying not to freak out, holding my grounds..

I was wondering if we ever had any cases here when someapplicant recieved objection letter who then recieved remedical and PPr..as in i wanted to have an estimate of time of their reviewing the onjection letter reply and then moving on to the next step..

I am a June 2010 AOR, recieved objection letter and IMM forms and PCC in april 2011..now m waiting desperately for a response since may 10th when i sent them a reply of the objection letter..i really really hope i hear something good =s
Hi dear thank you so much you are all in my prayers always since all of us have same situation second what was your objection letter based on .....on which point they give you objection you need to provide them with more proofs and Insahllah they will send you remedical and PPR

A

alpha1980

Salam everyone. any good news today... anybody got RePCC,REMEDICAL OR PPR ????/

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

sraja said:
hello everyone !

thanku !
Welcome on the forum. Its good to have a job but in order to sponser a spouse and depended childern job & income is not required to qualify. Meeting income limite is not required for spouse its your right to have family togather. Your husband is still eligible to sponser you. I advice discuss this with your husband and submit the sponsership application right away. There is 16-18 months waiting period already so dont delay it any further. After submitting your application when your husband find a job insha allah than you can send the job reference to embassy. :)

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

There are two stages of approval for the spousal sponsorship. The first stage approval is from CIC Canada, I am not sure for Quebec but for rest of Canada it is Case Processing Centre Mississuaga. On approval of first stage where they only see if the sponsor is living in Canada, can efford the financial need of the sponsored family and is not default of loans or previous sponsorship/s. It is not necessary that the sponsor is empoyed at that time. On approval the case is forwarded to Islamabad, who will assign the file number within usually 2 months of receiving the case and then go to sleep and will open the file again after almost a year and start asking you for documents for proof of income, updated police certficates, IMM forms, remedical etc.

There is no minimum income requirement while sponsoring spouse and dependent child so he if he is not sure when he will get job and want to save few months on processing, he can submit the sponsorship application and mention that he is searching for a job and will update CIC or CHC once he is employed. I did the same and once I was employed I updated CIC.

sraja said:
hello everyone !

thanku !