Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadian2020 said:
Hello

I am new to this Forum .

I have a query.

I and my wife applied for canadian immigration in 2006 and got it. But only i landed in Canada and became PR. In 2010 I sponsored my wife and two children while i was still a PR. Now i am canadian Citizen and currently living with my family in Pakistan. Last month I received a letter at my canadian address, from Scarborough Town Centre to appear for interview in regard with my Sponsorship. Now what i should do now?.
Hello & welcome on the forum.
There are TWO points with your case.
(1)You & your wife both were approved and got PR in 2006 but only you landed, you should not have sponsered your wife but infect your wife should have joined you on her PR before the visa expiry date. Because at Airport and in their system immigration officer in Canada expecting you and your wife togather. Now it creat a picture where in their system your wife was previsouly issued PR and she didnt travel and now again sponsering her. Reason for interview: They may want to know the reason of not traveling and assurance what if they issue visa again and she may not travel again.

(2) One should not be staying in PK for long time after sponsership. When filling sponsership you had signed the agreement paper that you will be taking care of your family, now the dilemma here is embassy want you to be in Canada so that upon arrival of your family you can receive them and can take care. This could be another reason for interview.

I strongly advised you to come back and attend the interview. :)

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
aqSa said:
Hi everyone!

Congratulations khan82 sis for recieving remedical..next step PPR INSHALLAH!

Please keep me in your prayers too..m really trying not to freak out, holding my grounds..

I was wondering if we ever had any cases here when someapplicant recieved objection letter who then recieved remedical and PPr..as in i wanted to have an estimate of time of their reviewing the onjection letter reply and then moving on to the next step..

I am a June 2010 AOR, recieved objection letter and IMM forms and PCC in april 2011..now m waiting desperately for a response since may 10th when i sent them a reply of the objection letter..i really really hope i hear something good =s
There have been at least one case I know that received objection letters that was an April AOR, and received PPR already. He got lucky I would say, becasue it took 13 to 14 months total. It totally depends on who is handling on the case and how they fell about your applications.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Re: Assalam O Alaikum

MuhammadFM said:
thanks for the reply.. are they accepting passport by mail only or a person can go to Islamabad embassy and have it stamped?
When I applied for my immigration back in 2004 i went to srilanka as they were not accepting any passports by mail due to fear of having it lost. So they asked me to come there and have it stamped. They took it in morning and gave it back in afternoon.
So is there a similar service at islamabad as well?
If not then normally for how long they hold the passport for once it gets to them...?
They ask for it by mail and you have to send it to Islamabad embassy.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
mariah said:
congratulations dodgecharger and doctorkhan

a funny update from my side.
normally islamabad embassy doesnt reply to emails...today i received 2 emails from them ,one minute after the other...lol..
first main it says tht ur file is in que for initial review...lol they almost gave me a heart attack..
second main they told me kay appssport has been receievd...lol
They probably send the 'initial review' generic message by mistake and then right away realised it and sent you the other one. Its funny though! LOL

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mariah said:
congratulations dodgecharger and doctorkhan

a funny update from my side.
normally islamabad embassy doesnt reply to emails...today i received 2 emails from them ,one minute after the other...lol..
first main it says tht ur file is in que for initial review...lol they almost gave me a heart attack..
second main they told me kay appssport has been receievd...lol
wes786 said:
They probably send the 'initial review' generic message by mistake and then right away realised it and sent you the other one. Its funny though! LOL
I'm glad they didnt attach the 3rd email saying that we are sorry for confusion but we were having afternoon snooz while responding to your email.

B

bestplace4u

kiya baat hai aaj kal yahan pe saas bahu k jhagre dekhne ko nahi mil rahe :D sab main dosti hogai kia :p

ONE 2 KA 4

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestplace4u said:
kiya baat hai aaj kal yahan pe saas bahu k jhagre dekhne ko nahi mil rahe :D sab main dosti hogai kia :p
Bus Bhaiya sub waiting se tang a kr ya tu silent reader ho gaye hy aur ya anna he chor dya forum per ke jab koi update ho gi tu inform kr de ge.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
ONE 2 KA 4 said:
Bus Bhaiya sub waiting se tang a kr ya tu silent reader ho gaye hy aur ya anna he chor dya forum per ke jab koi update ho gi tu inform kr de ge.
Ham hain yaha pe yaar, but no update! Kya Karien? Last week was awesome with PPRs and this week nothing eh? :(

H

humpakwatan

AOA everyone..

I had a quick question for you all..how do you contact the embassy to get a status update on the file? Do you use the Case specific Query option on the website which takes you to a form etc ?
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/case-cas-eng.aspx

Or do you just send an email to isb at islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca ?

thanks for the help!

B

bestplace4u

wes786 said:
Ham hain yaha pe yaar, but no update! Kya Karien? Last week was awesome with PPRs and this week nothing eh? :(
ziada tar old active members k paas ppr aachuka hai ab tou sirf re pcc ki hi updates aarahi hain

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
humpakwatan said:
AOA everyone..

I had a quick question for you all..how do you contact the embassy to get a status update on the file? Do you use the Case specific Query option on the website which takes you to a form etc ?
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/case-cas-eng.aspx

Or do you just send an email to isb at islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca ?

thanks for the help!
You can use either, it goes to the same mail box. Though I suggest you use your personal email account to send an email to islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca as people have experienced to receive faster replies then when they use the specific quesry option.

qamalik729

Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: CHC, Islamabad Spouse Sponsorship Timeline 2011

sraja said:
hello everyone !

I have just joined in. I have some queries as im totally new to this immigration process n stuff. My husband just moved to canada , he is a permanent resident in montreal , quebec.
He plans to sponsor me n my 10 months old baby within 6 months. He is looking for a job these days. I have heard dat the rules have changed n immigration process times have also.
can someone plz tell me how long will it take for us to join him if he applies end of this year i.e dec 2011. I live in Islamabad !

thanku !

I would say you should go there on visit visa ..... to visit him and then apply from Canada....... it would be best it takes 16 months plus you would be with him ...........I missed that chance since I got trapped by our great ......... gol mol ......baloon type ..... dumbo .....and stupid ..... Respected once in a while immigration minister ... Kenney ...............