+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

cic86

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
The application is short and kinda straightforward, there aren't many documents required.
Typically, you'll need a proof of language, so pass a language test now if you don't already have one, and check the police certificate requirements, although I'm not sure if you can use one you got 9 months before the application.
Apart from that, if you filed your taxes every year you were in Canada and kept a logbook of your entries and exists from the country, you're already as ready as can be.
Thanks for your response. Can I use the IELTS test score that I used to get my PR around 2018? I'll also check the police verification requirements

harpa

May 8, 2024
Hello everyone, I applied for family citizenship through paper application(2 applicants), applicant 1 status: background check in progress since August 2023(waiting for security clearance), applicant 2 status: everything completed except oath - not started. My question is, will applicant 2 gets oath ceremony before applicant 1, or does IRCC hold the applicant 2 application until applicant 1 clears all requirements? your answers are appreciated

Sanjida29

Jun 20, 2017
Hello guys, i just submitted my online citizenship application but i forgot to mention my current education information, is there anyway to update it. Please help thank you