+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Nov 25, 2021
Hello everyone! I am about to submit my Canada Citizenship application. I am a permanent resident of Canada since June 2020. I have 1142 days in my physical presence calculator and I have filed taxes during my five-year eligibility period. Since I am in India for past 1.25 years, I have following questions-
1) In my application under Physical Presence Calculator, It is asking me the date of return to Canada which according to my understanding, I have entered today's date but I am still in India so I am confused what to put here and I can not leave it blank as it would not proceed further. Do I need to be in Canada in order to submit my application?
2) Can I take citizenship test online in India?
3) What about the fingerprint request? Can it be done in India and sent back to Canada?
4) Can citizenship oath be taken online in India?

Please respond.
Thanks and regards.
@pcpankaj605A6 Will you have to submit a police certificate for being outside of Canada / in India for more than 183 days?

gentjack

Apr 13, 2020
just took and passed the test. But the citizenship application status tracker still looks the same. Does it change on weekdays or something?
thank you

badangel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2021
Guys my driver license will be expired next month. Can I apply to citizenship with this id or I must renew it? I will apply this week.

Asfandyarwqli

Oct 12, 2019
Hi
I have a question my case was approved under H&c program inside Canada. I am in Canada since 2015 and my pr card was issued on Jan 2023. I want to know should I count maximum of 365 days towards my 3 years eligibility or my time has started from Jan 2023? Thanks

Aug 19, 2022
Hello
Applied for citizenship online for a senior citizen who doesn’t need language or knowledge test. In the application tracker it shows they’ve requested additional info on july 5. But we haven’t received any email or physical letter thus far. Is it a form of ghost update or do they actually take that long to send out the letters after updating in the tracker ?

may 21- application filed.
July 5- additional info required
July 9- background check complete.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello
Applied for citizenship online for a senior citizen who doesn’t need language or knowledge test. In the application tracker it shows they’ve requested additional info on july 5. But we haven’t received any email or physical letter thus far. Is it a form of ghost update or do they actually take that long to send out the letters after updating in the tracker ?

may 21- application filed.
July 5- additional info required
July 9- background check complete.
You should call IRCC and check what additional info is needed.

gentjack

Apr 13, 2020
It takes times to validate the test. Somewhere between few days to a month too in extreme cases.
took 2 days. thanks

now I have language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions left for the ceremony. I now wonder what level of atomic experiment kind of work the case officer(s) needs to complete these steps.

hopefully, they would be the same case officer given 2 days of citizenship test completion. but I would bet these would be different ones than whoever approved my test.

cic86

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi. I wanted to know after applying for citizenship, is it possible to stay outside Canada while the application is in process (aside from giving the citizenship test and oath taking)? I read that the processing time is about 6 months to a year, so does one need to be physically present in Canada during the entire duration of the process? Maybe we can leave the country during processing but is it viewed suspiciously/negatively by the IRCC?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi. I wanted to know after applying for citizenship, is it possible to stay outside Canada while the application is in process (aside from giving the citizenship test and oath taking)? I read that the processing time is about 6 months to a year, so does one need to be physically present in Canada during the entire duration of the process? Maybe we can leave the country during processing but is it viewed suspiciously/negatively by the IRCC?
This question gets asked nearly every single day in the forum. You can look elsewhere for detailed answers and potential consequences, but yes, you can.

Ask2get

Feb 25, 2021
My neighbor told me that because she owed COVID refund and at the moment there was arrangement to pay installment. That her citizenship application didn't progress, however her husband application was processed 3 months after submission. That until she paid the whole amount of COVID refund, afterwards her citizenship application received application number.
I don't know if this is true..

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi Everyone, hope you are doing well. My question is regarding PCC requirement for my Citizenship application. Here are the timelines -

I landed in Canada on 8-Aug-2018 with a Work Permit and was in Canada until 22-Aug -2022. After which I travelled back to my home country India.

Then again on 9-Oct-2021 I travelled to Canada with a Work Permit, when I received my PR on 15-Feb-2022. I did travel couple of times to India but those were for like 3 weeks.

So I am little confused if I need a PCC or not since the time I was in India I did not have a PR. Please help

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi Everyone, hope you are doing well. My question is regarding PCC requirement for my Citizenship application. Here are the timelines -

I landed in Canada on 8-Aug-2018 with a Work Permit and was in Canada until 22-Aug -2022. After which I travelled back to my home country India.

Then again on 9-Oct-2021 I travelled to Canada with a Work Permit, when I received my PR on 15-Feb-2022. I did travel couple of times to India but those were for like 3 weeks.

So I am little confused if I need a PCC or not since the time I was in India I did not have a PR. Please help
Did you submit PCC as part of your PR application?