+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

gentjack

Apr 13, 2020
Hello,

I wonder if any of you wait overseas after making application inland and take the online test and online oath and get the passport in the embassy of the overseas country you are staying in?

Meaning are there people here applied for citizenship, left Canada and got the passport without going back?

Many thanks!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello,

I wonder if any of you wait overseas after making application inland and take the online test and online oath and get the passport in the embassy of the overseas country you are staying in?

Meaning are there people here applied for citizenship, left Canada and got the passport without going back?

Many thanks!
Test and passport works. Oath you need to be in Canada.

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Just got my citizenship application AOR today. My application page still shows submission confirmation (assuming it will get updated by tomorrow .. ??) After this point, where do the updates come, do i keep looking at the link where i submitted the citizenship application or do i have to create another account to get updates? I am up for few travels and do not want to delay viewing updates or responding to instructions just because i didn't look at the right place lol.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Just got my citizenship application AOR today. My application page still shows submission confirmation (assuming it will get updated by tomorrow .. ??) After this point, where do the updates come, do i keep looking at the link where i submitted the citizenship application or do i have to create another account to get updates? I am up for few travels and do not want to delay viewing updates or responding to instructions just because i didn't look at the right place lol.
Track here - https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

sonusweetie

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Thanks, I have tried registering using this link (did not have a PR tracker account previously) and keep getting this error.

Correct these errors:
  • Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

I have already double checked that all the details I entered are correct, and have submitted this application myself, not rep used. What does error message mean and how do I fix it, any idea?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks, I have tried registering using this link (did not have a PR tracker account previously) and keep getting this error.

Correct these errors:
  • Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

I have already double checked that all the details I entered are correct, and have submitted this application myself, not rep used. What does error message mean and how do I fix it, any idea?
After AOR email it takes 48 - 72 hrs for the tracker to get activated.

Reactions: sonusweetie

Shiva869

Feb 8, 2021
Hi Team,

I was on Work permit from 17 Mar 2020 to 10 Nov 2021 and applied for renewal on 22 Sep 2021. My PR got approved on 23 Nov 2021 and my organization told that since you became PR your renewal application will be withdrawn by IRCC automatically.

My question: I'm applying for Citizenship application online and in "Physical Presence tab" --> do i need to enter my temporary resident status as

Option#1

Temporary Resident # 17 Mar 2020 to 22 Nov 2021 and Applied for extension as "NO"

Option#2

Temporary Resident# 17 Mar 2020 to 10 Nov 2021 and choose option as applied for Extension as "YES" and Extension date as "22 Sep 2021" and approved status as "YES" and approval valid date as a day before PR valid from date.

Which option would be correct. (As per my organization it will be either withdrawan or cancelled automatically after becoming PR). Please advise.

Thanks
Shiva

Last edited:

pcpankaj605A6

Jul 18, 2024
Hello everyone! I am about to submit my Canada Citizenship application. I am a permanent resident of Canada since June 2020. I have 1142 days in my physical presence calculator and I have filed taxes during my five-year eligibility period. Since I am in India for past 1.25 years, I have following questions-
1) In my application under Physical Presence Calculator, It is asking me the date of return to Canada which according to my understanding, I have entered today's date but I am still in India so I am confused what to put here and I can not leave it blank as it would not proceed further. Do I need to be in Canada in order to submit my application?
2) Can I take citizenship test online in India?
3) What about the fingerprint request? Can it be done in India and sent back to Canada?
4) Can citizenship oath be taken online in India?

Please respond.
Thanks and regards.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello everyone! I am about to submit my Canada Citizenship application. I am a permanent resident of Canada since June 2020. I have 1142 days in my physical presence calculator and I have filed taxes during my five-year eligibility period. Since I am in India for past 1.25 years, I have following questions-
1) In my application under Physical Presence Calculator, It is asking me the date of return to Canada which according to my understanding, I have entered today's date but I am still in India so I am confused what to put here and I can not leave it blank as it would not proceed further. Do I need to be in Canada in order to submit my application?
2) Can I take citizenship test online in India?
3) What about the fingerprint request? Can it be done in India and sent back to Canada?
4) Can citizenship oath be taken online in India?

Please respond.
Thanks and regards.
1) It's better to do it in Canada as the calculation comes out right. But there are people in the forum who did it from outside Canada, attached a letter of explanation and it worked.
2) Yes
3) Not sure about this
4) No. You have to be in Canada for it. Also giving test outside Canada may trigger interview for which you will be needed to be in Canada too. Many times they put restriction to send boarding pass for oath date to be decided.

Reactions: pcpankaj605A6

pcpankaj605A6

Jul 18, 2024
1) It's better to do it in Canada as the calculation comes out right. But there are people in the forum who did it from outside Canada, attached a letter of explanation and it worked.
2) Yes
3) Not sure about this
4) No. You have to be in Canada for it. Also giving test outside Canada may trigger interview for which you will be needed to be in Canada too. Many times they put restriction to send boarding pass for oath date to be decided.

pcpankaj605A6

Jul 18, 2024
2) Yes
3) Not sure about this
Thank you so much. I am so depressed about this that I am losing my sleep at night over this. Thanks for your inputs; appreciate it.

Shiva869

Feb 8, 2021
Hi Team,

I was on Work permit from 17 Mar 2020 to 10 Nov 2021 and applied for renewal on 22 Sep 2021. My PR got approved on 23 Nov 2021 and my organization told that since you became PR your renewal application will be withdrawn by IRCC automatically.

My question: I'm applying for Citizenship application online and in "Physical Presence tab" --> do i need to enter my temporary resident status as

Option#1

Temporary Resident # 17 Mar 2020 to 22 Nov 2021 and Applied for extension as "NO"

Option#2

Temporary Resident# 17 Mar 2020 to 10 Nov 2021 and choose option as applied for Extension as "YES" and Extension date as "22 Sep 2021" and approved status as "YES" and approval valid date as a day before PR valid from date.

Which option would be correct. (As per my organization it will be either withdrawan or cancelled automatically after becoming PR). Please advise.

Thanks
Shiva
Can someone guide me on this pls