+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
I saw the processing time for citizenship is about 14 months but I've seen people completing the process in four months or so. What is the average time these days?

adarshem

Nov 8, 2017
I received an email from DNCITVANTESTS@cic.gc.ca regarding the following:

"In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your
citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held
during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a travel document or passport, please
provide an explanation.

1. For individuals who are currently ABROAD, please indicate the date that you left Canada
and the date that you expect to return to Canada.

2. For individuals who have RETURNED to Canada, please indicate the date that you left
Canada and submit proof of your return to Canada such as a flight itinerary and/or boarding
pass, a copy of your passport stamp showing that you re-entered Canada, etc.

3. For ALL individuals please also include the following:

A) Scanned copies or photos of ALL passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held
during your eligibility period.
Example
You signed your citizenship application on March 30, 2019. Your eligibility period is
March 30, 2014 to March 30, 2019.
You must provide a colour copy of each page, including blank pages.

B) Colour Photocopies of FRONT and BACK of Provincial Photo Identification (such
as a provincial ID card or driver’s license that has your photo, signature, and
current residential address)."

So my question is:
Do I need to submit my complete travel itinerary along with the scanned copy of my passport to prove that I returned to Canada during my eligibility period?

Thanks

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hello All,

Just a quick question! if I'm sending a new travel document through webform to be added to my application, do i need to send only the bio pages or all the pages. Appreciate your responses

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello All,

Just a quick question! if I'm sending a new travel document through webform to be added to my application, do i need to send only the bio pages or all the pages. Appreciate your responses
If you got that document after your application, you don't need to send it at all.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
If you got that document after your application, you don't need to send it at all.
Thank you for you response. Well! my citizenship application is under process, but my current document was expiring soon and anticipating the process might take its own time line i renewed my document just in case i might have to travel. I received the new document yesterday. I was of the thought that I'm supposed to send it as a additional document through webform.

Thank you!

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Thank you for you response. Well! my citizenship application is under process, but my current document was expiring soon and anticipating the process might take its own time line i renewed my document just in case i might have to travel. I received the new document yesterday. I was of the thought that I'm supposed to send it as a additional document through webform.

Thank you!
It doesn't matter if your document is expiring/expired. If IRCC didn't request it you DON'T need to send it. If you send it, there'll be delays in processing your application

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Thank you for you response! i happen to check this info here which says acquiring new travel document is a change in situation and needs to be updated. Just perplexed!

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052
This is a generic answer that encompasses all types of application, giving example that may or may not apply to the specific application you're interested in. The passport validity can be relevant to set a visa duration or stick a visa for example, but a passport renewed after you applied for citizenship, being outside the 5 years eligibility period, will not add any useful information regarding your international travel and physical presence requirement.

Reactions: jackdawn