+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wait time between PPR and CoPR

nyantaro19

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Category........
Other
Wow, nice. Congratz. It looks like the time frame is about a month for you? Was your processing office also in Ottawa?
It took 17 business days so yes, almost a month. The processing office is in Mississauga.

Spouse Outland Sponsorship Timeline
Aug 16 2023 - submitted application
Oct 24 2023 - AOR
Nov 16 2023 - BIL (completed)
Nov 17 2023 - Medical request
Dec 7 2023 - Medical completed
Dec 29 2023 - Eligibility completed
Dec 30 2023 - Invitation to Pre-Arrival services
Feb 2 2024 - Background verification completed
Feb 5 2024 - PPR
Feb 13 2024- Passport submitted
Feb 14 2024 - Passport under process
Mar 7 2024 - Application approved
Mar 13, 2024 - stamped passport received

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
Hi all, just wanted to update as of today 3/15/2024: (Spousal Sponsorship Application - Me (PA), US citizen)

Finally got a couple official updates this morning from IRCC. Application Status Tracker has been marked as "closed" as of today. GCkey tracker - "A final decision has been made. Your application was approved."

VFS global Canada tracker on COPR is still the same, no update still since 2/2/2024 haha

Last edited:

Rocklobser

Mar 12, 2024
Finally got a couple official updates this morning from IRCC. Application Status Tracker has been marked as "closed" as of today. GCkey tracker - "A final decision has been made. Your application was approved."
I can't view my application on IRCC lmfao. Application comes up as not in system.

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
Mine's in mail on it's way back to me. Would this be the COPR or just a letter saying I'll get a COPR?
Congratulations to both of us. Just checked VFS tracker and got this "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No., has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in New York."

I will update with full and accurate timeline when I received the COPR (looking at by Monday 3/18/2024).

Reactions: Rocklobser

Rocklobser

Mar 12, 2024
Mine just arrived, got my COPR and scans of passport back. Gonna rent a UHaul truck and finish packing.

Good luck to ya'll and I hope yours arrives soon!

KClaire

Dec 4, 2023
Mine just arrived, got my COPR and scans of passport back. Gonna rent a UHaul truck and finish packing.

Good luck to ya'll and I hope yours arrives soon!
Congrats!!

Can you provide some details on the delivery method? Did they have a requirement to sign for it personally or provide ID? Or was it just in the mail box?

Rocklobser

Mar 12, 2024
Congrats!!

Can you provide some details on the delivery method? Did they have a requirement to sign for it personally or provide ID? Or was it just in the mail box?
Mine was just in the mailbox. it could be different if you use the VAC mail service. I couldn't use it myself as the site wasn't reachable at the time, so I just paid out of pocket for UPS to express ship it both ways.

KClaire

Dec 4, 2023
Mine was just in the mailbox. it could be different if you use the VAC mail service. I couldn't use it myself as the site wasn't reachable at the time, so I just paid out of pocket for UPS to express ship it both ways.
Thank you so much! Good luck with the move!

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
Congrats!!

This is what I got, "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No., has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, New York on 2024/03/15. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs." and below this message UPS provided a tracker link per the VAC instruction. It does required signature for the package. I am using the VAC two-way couriers.

Reactions: KClaire

Rocklobser

Mar 12, 2024
This is what I got, "The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No., has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, New York on 2024/03/15. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs." and below this message UPS provided a tracker link per the VAC instruction. It does required signature for the package. I am using the VAC two-way couriers.
Officially landed and will get card soon (within 4 months max).

Reactions: KClaire

Houa

Mar 3, 2024
Officially landed and will get card soon (within 4 months max).
That's awesome man! Do you mind sharing your experience going through immigration at the airport? Like, what are the required documents? Did you went to the kiosk first and then got directed to an officer? How long do you have to wait? What kind of questions they asked you?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions. My landing will be 3/30/24! Although I will have to come back to the US a week after landing for family matters so I'm still worry how I'll get back to Canada after that haha.

KClaire

Dec 4, 2023
That's awesome man! Do you mind sharing your experience going through immigration at the airport? Like, what are the required documents? Did you went to the kiosk first and then got directed to an officer? How long do you have to wait? What kind of questions they asked you?

Sorry for bombarding you with questions. My landing will be 3/30/24! Although I will have to come back to the US a week after landing for family matters so I'm still worry how I'll get back to Canada after that haha.
Similarly, I'm interested in your experience travelling back after landing and without a PR card. If you remember to share when the time comes. :)