Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
my Medical will end in January and vienna or CIC no email no Ecas update for 10month i was waiting i will decide to shut down all of them from check email or ecas for a while cox its so bad i feel tired for this matter

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Yes the worst thing is that this waiting time is Tiring.... I hate it too and maybe one more year to go like this?! That's the reason I do stay away do not show up that often and I don't check my e-cas. I try to concentrate on Christmas and then the new years and then wait for spring, and warm weather will help not to be depressed. Somehow I try to forget that I am married, that we are spending our first year of marriage apart because that hurts. I don't succeed though... But anyways I think you should all stay calm as well somehow anyhow.
This silence of Vienna sucks for sure.

JJ 22

Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
File Transfer...
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2014
Canada1944 said:
Hey JJ 22

When did you do your medical chek? i did mine 7 Feb 2013, and stil they dont show anything only that my application is recieved.

so when your application is recieved it means they are "In Process"? The doctor who did my medical chek he send the papers to vienna in Feb and i applied my application in april and they send me "your application is recieved in May 2013" why doesnt show E-cas that they recieved also my medical chek?

it makes me very frustrated i dont hear anything from them thats the hole stress that i dont hear anything from vienna
I did my medical in January, but I did it here in Canada, so maybe that's why it shows already in my e-cas.
Well, nobody really knows if they are working on the application, or if it is just sitting there on the their desk...
Yes, believe me, we are all frustrated and checking every day for updates or news from Vienna. And nothing... It is hard, but we all have to go through this and try to keep our nerves during that whole process. Just hang in there...

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone!

My husband left Canada Thursday, he had no status so he left in hope to return asap as we have a child together. He overstayed 4 years and was approached by CBIS at the airport upon departure. They wrote down his return information and asked him all sorts of questions, gave him back his ticket and passport and that's it. I called our lawyer and she advised we apply outland through Vienna as they will most likely deny him entry when he returns. So, it looks like I'm part of this group now - application will go in this week or the next, as soon as I can gather what I need. I'm not looking forward to this journey and we're both gutted to be apart. I'm looking at the processing times, not looking good. I hope this moves quickly so I don't have to raise our child alone.

Here we goo.. :'(

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Hello Ivancica

First welcome to our lovely forum I will make it shorter to you i read your story its not sound good for this time but again Strong Evidence can change anything for your husband process, here we all waiting for Vienna to do something no news from last year until now most of us apply since early this year and we still didn't get any news. And CIC website for Processing time its little late we hope they will update it on Monday and Vienna could be return to 9 or 10 month at least not 12 what you will learn here is being PATIENT like all of us and GOOD LUCK

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
OMG , well welcome here Ivancica... I am sorry :(but at least they wont question your relationship, its genuine for sure. Which country is he from?

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Ivancica said:
Hello Everyone!

My husband left Canada Thursday, he had no status so he left in hope to return asap as we have a child together. He overstayed 4 years and was approached by CBIS at the airport upon departure. They wrote down his return information and asked him all sorts of questions, gave him back his ticket and passport and that's it. I called our lawyer and she advised we apply outland through Vienna as they will most likely deny him entry when he returns. So, it looks like I'm part of this group now - application will go in this week or the next, as soon as I can gather what I need. I'm not looking forward to this journey and we're both gutted to be apart. I'm looking at the processing times, not looking good. I hope this moves quickly so I don't have to raise our child alone.

Here we goo.. :'(
Hi Ivancica,
welcome to our waiting group. It's a long road ahead of you and will need a lot of patience. Good luck :)

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you everyone!

Hungary said:
OMG , well welcome here Ivancica... I am sorry :(but at least they wont question your relationship, its genuine for sure. Which country is he from?
He is from Croatia.

Muby said:
Hello Ivancica

First welcome to our lovely forum I will make it shorter to you i read your story its not sound good for this time but again Strong Evidence can change anything for your husband process, here we all waiting for Vienna to do something no news from last year until now most of us apply since early this year and we still didn't get any news. And CIC website for Processing time its little late we hope they will update it on Monday and Vienna could be return to 9 or 10 month at least not 12 what you will learn here is being PATIENT like all of us and GOOD LUCK
It doesn't sound good you are right, but we have a lawyer and we're ready to do whatever we have to do. We owe it to our daughter. Our lawyer says that he may attempt return with his application confirmation, our marriage license and my daughter's birth certificate and tell them that he is visiting. Hopefully, they grant him entrance even if it is for a designated amount of time then we can attempt to extend his stay. Any time together is better than no time together.

It's a long road, but I look forward to sharing it with all of you, I think it will make it a bit easier. Where are you sponsoring your loved ones from?

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Ivancica said:
Thank you everyone!

It's a long road, but I look forward to sharing it with all of you, I think it will make it a bit easier. Where are you sponsoring your loved ones from?
Zdravo Ivancice,
my husband is from Serbia. We are waiting over a year now... :( It's very hard and frustrating but we are still positive and hoping for the best. How old is your daughter? I know how hard it is to be on your own with a child but hopefully you will be able to re-unite soon.

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nada3 said:
Zdravo Ivancice,
my husband is from Serbia. We are waiting over a year now... :( It's very hard and frustrating but we are still positive and hoping for the best. How old is your daughter? I know how hard it is to be on your own with a child but hopefully you will be able to re-unite soon.
Zdravo Nado! My daughter is 19 months old. A year is a long time.. good God. Has he been able to visit at least? I would rather not have to move to Croatia, it's gotten so bad there in the last while but if I have to, I have to!

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Ivancica, I think if you can afford moving to Croatia for the waiting time, do it, dont even think about it! You will see, this is a very long and miserable waiting time, and it makes a young woman with child depressive, Believe me, I know I am going through the same. I am alone with my 2,5 years old twins, and freaking out because I miss my husband, I miss love when its all quiet in the evenings... Let me not even continue ::)
And if he overstayed, and since this summer he is visa exempt, this is just a huge risk if they'd let him enter at the border or not... And I suppose there is nothing what could grant him an entry. :(

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hungary said:
Ivancica, I think if you can afford moving to Croatia for the waiting time, do it, dont even think about it! You will see, this is a very long and miserable waiting time, and it makes a young woman with child depressive, Believe me, I know I am going through the same. I am alone with my 2,5 years old twins, and freaking out because I miss my husband, I miss love when its all quiet in the evenings... Let me not even continue ::)
And if he overstayed, and since this summer he is visa exempt, this is just a huge risk if they'd let him enter at the border or not... And I suppose there is nothing what could grant him an entry. :(
I am lucky enough that I can take a leave at work for up to 5 years and not lose my job. I work for the government so I would hate to have to quit. I just don't know what we would do there. Unemployment is so high in Croatia, people can't live. I fortunately have family that will help us, they have up until now. My husband is in his early 40s and I am in my early 20s. I have all the time in the world but he feels like his time is running out for us to have more children and build a secure future. The ticket for return is already paid for, we have nothing to lose if he attempts it, worst that can happen is they deny him. Maybe he will luck out and they will grant him entry even for a short while. Only God knows! I'm optimistic things will work out, the question is time.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Ivancica said:
I am lucky enough that I can take a leave at work for up to 5 years and not lose my job. I work for the government so I would hate to have to quit. I just don't know what we would do there. Unemployment is so high in Croatia, people can't live. I fortunately have family that will help us, they have up until now. My husband is in his early 40s and I am in my early 20s. I have all the time in the world but he feels like his time is running out for us to have more children and build a secure future. The ticket for return is already paid for, we have nothing to lose if he attempts it, worst that can happen is they deny him. Maybe he will luck out and they will grant him entry even for a short while. Only God knows! I'm optimistic things will work out, the question is time.
Hi Ivancica, and welcome to the Vienna Thread. I don't want to discourage you, but I think there are very little chances they will let your husband enter Canada again as a visitor. With visitors, they want to make sure they will go back and not overstay their visas. The way they assert that is they check how strong his ties are with his country - does he have a job?, does he own any property? But the most important thing, where is his family? When they find out that his strongest ties are in Canada (you and the baby) they will immediately assume he will not go back to Croatia, and therefore his intentions are to come and stay, not to visit.
If you add to that the fact that he already broke immigration laws before by overstaying for 4 years! his past visa, the chances are close to none.

I know it sucks, but just keep in my mind that you are not alone. There are others suffering, families apart for years, etc.

He shouldn't have left Canada in my opinion. If he was still there, you could have filed an inland application, even if he had illegal status. After the sponsorship approval, he could have got another visitor visa based on the marriage with you and stay with you there for the whole process. But on the other hand, inland applications take longer than outland.

I would suggest, in your situation now, the best thing to do is for you to visit him, or even move there with him. It will count a lot towards your application, the fact that you are together, especially because you guys have a complicated application with his children and all that.

Now to answer your question from another thread:
His children will definitely have to get a medical done (the 20 yr old one only if he is not married), and regarding the other issue: is there any court order that took his youngest child away from him? Why is the child under government care? Where is the mother? If his child was taken from his custody by a court order, he needs to get a copy of that.

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avadava said:
Hi Ivancica, and welcome to the Vienna Thread. I don't want to discourage you, but I think there are very little chances they will let your husband enter Canada again as a visitor. With visitors, they want to make sure they will go back and not overstay their visas. The way they assert that is they check how strong his ties are with his country - does he have a job?, does he own any property? But the most important thing, where is his family? When they find out that his strongest ties are in Canada (you and the baby) they will immediately assume he will not go back to Croatia, and therefore his intentions are to come and stay, not to visit.
If you add to that the fact that he already broke immigration laws before by overstaying for 4 years! his past visa, the chances are close to none.

I know it sucks, but just keep in my mind that you are not alone. There are others suffering, families apart for years, etc.

He shouldn't have left Canada in my opinion. If he was still there, you could have filed an inland application, even if he had illegal status. After the sponsorship approval, he could have got another visitor visa based on the marriage with you and stay with you there for the whole process. But on the other hand, inland applications take longer than outland.

I would suggest, in your situation now, the best thing to do is for you to visit him, or even move there with him. It will count a lot towards your application, the fact that you are together, especially because you guys have a complicated application with his children and all that.

Now to answer your question from another thread:
His children will definitely have to get a medical done (the 20 yr old one only if he is not married), and regarding the other issue: is there any court order that took his youngest child away from him? Why is the child under government care? Where is the mother? If his child was taken from his custody by a court order, he needs to get a copy of that.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it. He does not have employment but he does have family there, he has 2 sons, a father and a brother. His children were taken out of their mother's care because she is useless, to put it bluntly and my husband worked abroad and could not be there for his children.

I will let him know that both children need medical, thank you. I agree he shouldn't have left but his government ID had expired and he needs a current one to get his criminal clearance from there. We called the Croatian embassy in Canada but they said the ID had to be renewed in person. That is the only reason that he went back. I realize now how stupid it was, and unfortunately our legal counsel was an absolute airhead and did not tell us. I have since hired a new lawyer and will start the application this week. I will most likely end up moving there, my family doesn't think it's a good idea because there is no life there and as I said people are starving. Financially it doesn't make sense to move but I'd much rather be with my husband and have no money than to be here raising our daughter alone. This is such a nightmare.

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another question, my husband had medicals done already as well as a criminal clearance in Canada, since he was here. We have a copy of criminal clearance from his home country also. I am wondering what the expiration dates on those documents are. How long are they valid for?