Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Ivancica said:
Another question, my husband had medicals done already as well as a criminal clearance in Canada, since he was here. We have a copy of criminal clearance from his home country also. I am wondering what the expiration dates on those documents are. How long are they valid for?
They must have been issued no longer than 3 months before they arrive to CIC.

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avadava said:
They must have been issued no longer than 3 months before they arrive to CIC.
Thank you Avadava! I am absolutely astonished at the contradicting information that was given to us. We were told medicals would be valid within the year and criminal clearances 6 months. I'm even more disgusted with the legal counsel we chose now. I am glad we have now hired a reputable lawyer, expensive but fingers crossed she is smarter than the last one.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Ivancica said:
I am lucky enough that I can take a leave at work for up to 5 years and not lose my job. I work for the government so I would hate to have to quit. I just don't know what we would do there. Unemployment is so high in Croatia, people can't live. I fortunately have family that will help us, they have up until now. My husband is in his early 40s and I am in my early 20s. I have all the time in the world but he feels like his time is running out for us to have more children and build a secure future. The ticket for return is already paid for, we have nothing to lose if he attempts it, worst that can happen is they deny him. Maybe he will luck out and they will grant him entry even for a short while. Only God knows! I'm optimistic things will work out, the question is time.
Hi Ivancica,

Just wanted to say welcome and that if you have a government job on Canada you might be able to move to temporarily work at a European agency. My mother-in-law used to work at transport Canada and came to got the same position at the European aviation agangy. A number of her friends also either came here perminantly or for a year or two and went back to Canada.

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avissa said:
Hi Ivancica,

Just wanted to say welcome and that if you have a government job on Canada you might be able to move to temporarily work at a European agency. My mother-in-law used to work at transport Canada and came to got the same position at the European aviation agangy. A number of her friends also either came here perminantly or for a year or two and went back to Canada.
That is a fabulous idea Avissa! Though, I'm not sure Croatia has an agency in the same field I work in but it's worth a shot to look into!

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Ivancica said:
Another question, my husband had medicals done already as well as a criminal clearance in Canada, since he was here. We have a copy of criminal clearance from his home country also. I am wondering what the expiration dates on those documents are. How long are they valid for?
As for the clearance of police record, it differs from country to country. For instance for Germany it's valid for 6 months but for Sweden it's a year. However they should not be sent later than 3 months after receiving them. But here is the good news, you can send them afterwards. You could even send them to your visa office directly after the sponsorship is approved ( when the sponsorship is approved you get a letter informing you of that and states that any other documents can be sent to the visa office directly)

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avissa said:
As for the clearance of police record, it differs from country to country. For instance for Germany it's valid for 6 months but for Sweden it's a year. However they should not be sent later than 3 months after receiving them. But here is the good news, you can send them afterwards. You could even send them to your visa office directly after the sponsorship is approved ( when the sponsorship is approved you get a letter informing you of that and states that any other documents can be sent to the visa office directly)
Okay wait, so there are things that don't have to be submitted with the application? Which documents are they? I had no idea!

Also, my husband needs Criminal Clearance in Canada - my lawyer told him to send us his fingerprints but I have read that clearance doesn't need to be requested by us - that Canada can do that themselves. If we do have to do it, does he just go to the police and then fax us his fingerprints?

I appreciate all the help!

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Ivancica said:
That is a fabulous idea Avissa! Though, I'm not sure Croatia has an agency in the same field I work in but it's worth a shot to look into!
But you could look into some European agencies around Europe. They usually pay really good money and you pay next to nothing tax therefore even if your husband doesn't find a job you're well off plus many of then grant you spouse income if you are moving from another country. I will ask my mother in law for some links that you can check for available positions and let you know. BTW do you also have a European citizenship?

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Ivancica said:
Okay wait, so there are things that don't have to be submitted with the application? Which documents are they? I had no idea!

Also, my husband needs Criminal Clearance in Canada - my lawyer told him to send us his fingerprints but I have read that clearance doesn't need to be requested by us - that Canada can do that themselves. If we do have to do it, does he just go to the police and then fax us his fingerprints?

The clearance of police record is the only document that can be submitted afterwards. It makes sense since they will be checking your eligibility first and that stage takes about a month and after that they send the documents to the responsible visa office

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avissa said:
But you could look into some European agencies around Europe. They usually pay really good money and you pay next to nothing tax therefore even if your husband doesn't find a job you're well off plus many of then grant you spouse income if you are moving from another country. I will ask my mother in law for some links that you can check for available positions and let you know. BTW do you also have a European citizenship?
I do not, but I qualify both under my husband and my father to get it. I just never did because the consulate only comes once a year to Vancouver and it's very pricey. I could get it though.

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Ivancica said:
Zdravo Nado! My daughter is 19 months old. A year is a long time.. good God. Has he been able to visit at least? I would rather not have to move to Croatia, it's gotten so bad there in the last while but if I have to, I have to!
Hi Ivancica,
My husband has not been able to visit, they refused a TRV twice. We met up in Cuba for a week and that was all we had together in 1 year. We do not have children together but we both have children from our first marriages. I have been raising my 2 boys on my own for the past 7 years.
You still have time to think about what you are going to do, and it's a blessing in this situation that you have an option to take a leave and join him overseas.
Just try to stay calm and take 1 day at the time...whatever you decide to do , you will be ok. Women have much more strength in them than they think.

JJ 22

Sep 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
File Transfer...
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2014
LANDED..........
16-02-2014
Ivancica said:

Hi Ivancica,
as for the criminal record from Canada, you don't have to do it. When I was submitting my application, I called CIC to verify that since I have been living with my husband here in Canada for a year before submitting the application. You need to submit Criminal Clearance from every country in which your husband resided for more than months except Canada. They always do them themselves.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Hi friends,

so 2 weeks ago I sent the police records directly to the VO and just now my lawyer received an email from them requiring the police records from the three countries that I lived in for more than 6 months.

First of all, I think this counts an news from the visa office ;) so we know that they are alive.

Secondly, did any one else get any thing from them?

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
Avissa said:
Hi friends,

so 2 weeks ago I sent the police records directly to the VO and just now my lawyer received an email from them requiring the police records from the three countries that I lived in for more than 6 months.

First of all, I think this counts an news from the visa office ;) so we know that they are alive.

Secondly, did any one else get any thing from them?
Nothing here :(...in 10 days we will be 1 year at Vienna!!! :mad:

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
nada3 said:
Nothing here :(...in 10 days we will be 1 year at Vienna!!! :mad:
Ivancica
First Welcome to our thread, i can only recomend tell your husband to send the military booklet , they will ask for that , as we are know EX yugoslavia was in War , and they are asking whoever are from EX yugoslacvia to send this ,
and also Police Clearnace has to go with all your file, when you applied the first one, better to send all the papers now, than Vienna to request m and they will put you in Q , for each letteres they will ask.,
Good luck

Anybody has some good news,
Happy Monday