Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as sponsorship approval is concerned, 48 days after the date they received your file. They are working on files received Jan. 3, 2012 currently. You won't be able to log into e-CAS until Mississauga is done and approves the sponsorship undertaking.
mapleleafs2011 said:
Question.

I sent out my full application at the end of January, beginning of February. When should I start hearing from them? Or at least getting a online logging?

kitchloo

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanadiana said:
If you are crossing directly into Ontario, I believe you have 4 options:

- Alexandria Bay (on the way up to Ottawa) - requires you to mail them the original title (export office open M-F 8-4pm)
- Lewiston (near the Niagara Falls) - requires you to e-mail them the VIN number (export office open M-F 8-4pm)
- Ambassador Bridge (Windsor area) - requires you to mail them the original title (no export office per se; any officer can export 24/7)
- Blue Water Bridge (Sarnia) - requires you to fax them copy of title (export office open Mon-Thurs 8am-8pm, Fri 8am-noon)
Thanks so much for the info - very helpful!

nsr

Jan 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
AOR Received.
8-01-2012(Mississauga) 28-03-2012 (buffalo)
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Request
25-07-2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2011, 26 July,2013
Interview........
July 2013-passed
Passport Req..
21-08-2013, sent on 27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06 september, 2013
LANDED..........
27 september, 2013
Hi,

My wife's sponsorship was approved and file transferred to buffalo on jan 26, 2012

Ecas saying application received and medical received.

When should I expect AOR? I saw some people getting AORs in one month.

How does it work? What's the average time of getting it?

Should I check ecas everyday or they only update Wednesday evening?

I am already in Canada with wife on student visa.

Any ideas,

Cheers

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send them a non-case specific email to the published address asking for acknowledgement of receipt. They should send you on in reply.
nsr said:
When should I expect AOR? I saw some people getting AORs in one month.
You should sign up for e-cas tracker (first Google result) and put in all the information tied to your file. The application will email you each time there is an update to e-cas for your file so you don't have to spend your time revisiting it every day or week.
nsr said:
Should I check ecas everyday or they only update Wednesday evening?

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
veronica.law said:
My file has been transferred to detroit for almost 2 weeks too but status still "Application Received on August9.2011 and Medical Exam received"
Mine doesn't say Medicals received. If the file is in process, does that mean that they have the medicals?

Shirsho

Jan 23, 2012
bloodyguitars said:
Your file was transferred to NYC on the same day it they started processing it? That is some speed! Congrats!
Its certainly encouraging. But I am nervous too...Now that it is in process, I am constantly worried about information that my file may be lacking..Hope not..But scared..When do they receive medicals?

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Ok I just talked to the national headquarters for the RCMP In Ottawa.They told me that Buffalo cant submit for a background check from them without an up to date fingerprint.Sooooooo what is Buffalo talking about when they told my MP there waiting on the RCMP?

York Region

Star Member
Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2011
AOR Received.
08-08-2011
Med's Request
extended
Med's Done....
19-04-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2012
LANDED..........
10-05-2012
Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Immigration Section

www.buffalo.gc.ca

This is what I got from Buffalo after requesting my status :( WHEN PPR? ???? lol

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
ddobro2 said:
As far as sponsorship approval is concerned, 48 days after the date they received your file. They are working on files received Jan. 3, 2012 currently. You won't be able to log into e-CAS until Mississauga is done and approves the sponsorship undertaking.
I've been able to log onto ecas since Friday, but I have only received AOR from Mississauga, no approval yet.

I'm on the 48th day today, but my app was received on jan 10, so i probably have a few more days of wAiting.

Thanks again for the ecas tracker tip... :D

Calgary-Bound

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/2/2011
AOR Received.
15/3/2011
File Transfer...
24/2/2011
Med's Done....
27/9/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02/04/2012
LANDED..........
28/04/2012
Oh you got the same old song and dance as everyone else.If they would just give people a were working on it and your at this stage.But I guess you have to consider all the emails they recieve everyday.

York Region said:
Your application is in process. No further action is required by you at this time.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Regards,

Immigration Section

www.buffalo.gc.ca

This is what I got from Buffalo after requesting my status :( WHEN PPR? ???? lol

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
Yes yes!!! Congrats on this cute and official end to the e-cas process!!!!

ddobro2 said:
Email from e-cas tracker at 4:25 AM Saturday morning: "You entered Canada at the Saint-Armand office on February 11, 2012 and became a Permanent Resident."

A separate email from the tracker at exactly the same time: "According to e-CAS, it looks like you (or the person you sponsored) has now entered Canada and become a permanent resident. Congratulations, and welcome to Canada!
e-CAS usually stops working about 3 months after your file is finalised, so your e-CAS Tracker has now been deactivated - we're not watching e-CAS for any more changes on your behalf."

Thanks, matthewc, the tracker made this process smoother for me and I'm glad I used it :)

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think Buffalo was talking about running a name check or doing something else that doesn't necessitate fingerprinting. If they need to get an actual report for you in Canada, they will request that you submit your fingerprints to Canada. At this point, they haven't, correct? You have just given them the FBI cert and I doubt this has to do with your fingerprinting for that. There's been some discussion and differing opinions about this on the forum but I think that a good number of the "expert"-like people on this forum who have been here for awhile and know a lot about the process will claim that police clearances are good to go as long as CIC gets them within 3 months of their issue.....in other words, they won't expire after a year like the medicals will. I tend to see it that way too. So I think there may have been some miscommunication on your or RCMP's part.
Calgary-Bound said:
Ok I just talked to the national headquarters for the RCMP In Ottawa.They told me that Buffalo cant submit for a background check from them without an up to date fingerprint.Sooooooo what is Buffalo talking about when they told my MP there waiting on the RCMP?

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ah ok, it may have changed from when I was doing step 1 and I clearly remember nobody being able to log in while they were still being processed for it (and some even after it had been forwarded). What does e-cas say, just "application received" in the sponsorship column?
alf+jlh said:
I've been able to log onto ecas since Friday, but I have only received AOR from Mississauga, no approval yet.

I'm on the 48th day today, but my app was received on jan 10, so i probably have a few more days of wAiting.

Thanks again for the ecas tracker tip... :D

ddobro2

Champion Member
May 4, 2011
Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do GCMS notes say?
York Region said:

Regards,

Immigration Section

www.buffalo.gc.ca